Sign in to follow this  
Brutal Brutus

McCaffrey & Cook

It's actually quite simple. It's every RB in the league. I would take every other RB in the league over Gurley.

That may be one of the most foolish things ever. I assume you're only basing this on where Gurley is going currently. You would take him in the 10th round wouldn't you?

That may be one of the most foolish things ever. I assume you're only basing this on where Gurley is going currently. You would take him in the 10th round wouldn't you?

LOL... of course. We're talking about fantasy football value. About the 10th round... 12th. Whenever you take your 5th RB. You can adjust the round accordingly. I usually like to have 4 WR's, 4 RB's,.1 TE, and 1 QB in the first 10 rounds... so anywhere after that is where I'd slot Gurley's value to be.

LOL... of course. We're talking about fantasy football value. About the 10th round... 12th. Whenever you take your 5th RB. You can adjust the round accordingly. I usually like to have 4 WR's, 4 RB's,.1 TE, and 1 QB in the first 10 rounds... so anywhere after that is where I'd slot Gurley's value to be.

LOL OK, so you have him ranked as about the 45th RB this year then? That's where the RBs going in the 10th round are ranked and are guys like Jamaal Williams and Jonathan Stewart. Gurley had a poor year on a poor team last year and finished as the 19th RB overall in PPR.

He had a season in which most consider to be his floor. Even if he does worse he's most likely to finish in the top 30 of RBs yet you think he's lower than top 40? Foolish.

It seems like you're hating him as if he did something personal to you. Did he hurt you? Did he kill your first born? Where did he touch you? or worse, did he destroy your season last year? I feel like all this hate is being derived from a person who lost of year fantasy relevance due to taking a ride on the Gurley hype train. Once we discover the source of your delusion, only then can we solve the problem.

• Like 1

It's actually quite simple. It's every RB in the league. I would take every other RB in the league over Gurley.

To put it simply, he's on your DND list. I respect that. I feel the same way about Julio Jones.

If this kid has another big performance on Thursday his adp will be at the beginning of the 2nd. And I may be buying.

• Like 1

If this kid has another big performance on Thursday his adp will be at the beginning of the 2nd. And I may be buying.

Easy. I already don't expect him to come back to me picking 5th.

Easy. I already don't expect him to come back to me picking 5th.

I have the 11th pick. I love the kid but am I crazy to take him in the 2nd?

LOL OK, so you have him ranked as about the 45th RB this year then? That's where the RBs going in the 10th round are ranked and are guys like Jamaal Williams and Jonathan Stewart. Gurley had a poor year on a poor team last year and finished as the 19th RB overall in PPR.

He had a season in which most consider to be his floor. Even if he does worse he's most likely to finish in the top 30 of RBs yet you think he's lower than top 40? Foolish.

He's not trust worthy as a weekly starter. That's how I see him. I posted what I thought his ceiling could be previously... either in this thread or another one. I highly doubt he hits that. I don't think he breaks 800 all purpose yards and I don't think he'll score more than 8 TD's. That's about 120 points... I'll give him 140. That puts him at RB33 last year.

To put it simply, he's on your DND list. I respect that. I feel the same way about Julio Jones.

Yeah, I've mentioned that in another thread... I put the entire Rams offense on my DND list.

He's not trust worthy as a weekly starter. That's how I see him. I posted what I thought his ceiling could be previously... either in this thread or another one. I highly doubt he hits that. I don't think he breaks 800 all purpose yards and I don't think he'll score more than 8 TD's. That's about 120 points... I'll give him 140. That puts him at RB33 last year.

He had over 1,000 all purpose yards last year, how do you think he's going to lose over 200 more yards this year? Scoring less than 8 TDs could very possible but not the yards.

I think he will do more than that but yeah I prob have him ranked too high.

He had over 1,000 all purpose yards last year, how do you think he's going to lose over 200 more yards this year? Scoring less than 8 TDs could very possible but not the yards.

Because I don't think he's any good. I think he stinks. He got worse from year 1 to year 2 and will get worse again. When you're not good at your job, you generally regress until they replace you.

Because I don't think he's any good. I think he stinks. He got worse from year 1 to year 2 and will get worse again. When you're not good at your job, you generally regress until they replace you.

How many players that stay on the same team which is just as good as last year or slightly better end up performing even worse just on their own? I just don't see him performing any worse unless his situation on the team is worse, like an worse OL or QB play or the team just doesn't use him as much. If he gets as many touches as last year it's very, very unlikely he does as bad as you think.

Yeah, I've mentioned that in another thread... I put the entire Rams offense on my DND list.

I'm putting Blount and the entire Eagles offense on my DND list. ;)

The hype train on McCaffery is getting outta control. Just drafted, and he went as the 17th overall pick!

He is one of just a handful of RB that will be on the field all the time. The QB is better, WR's, Oline, System ect. He is the type of guy that wont kill you, like many others. They are lining him up all over the field. He will be solid

Who were the next ten Rbs drafted after Mccaffery went 17th oval all?

Just wondering.

Thanks.

I'm starting to buy the hype.

202lb white boy who runs a 4.49 40 and was drafted inside the first 10 picks in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Let that sink in. All the Pro Scouts and Coaches know he's the real deal. They know he can't run the ball into a linebacker and plow over him, nor could he handle the abuse of a 25 carry game for 16 weeks and he still got drafted in the top 10.

He's gonna get 20+ touches a game, if not more. I doubt they will ever pull him, except GL. He's a RB and a WR and a Kick Returner built into one.

He broke the NCAA Record for most combined yards in a season. Which was held by Barry Sanders. :shocking:

Carolina is going to have an offense.

Ugh So I'm drafting in one day and will have my choice of mccaffrey or cook coming back around on the turn. Are you guys officially going with one of these confidently over an established player like Allen/ Hopkins/ Hilton / cooks ?? This thread has only served to confuse me lol.

Who were the next ten Rbs drafted after Mccaffery went 17th oval all?

Just wondering.

Thanks.

Gurly

Lynch

Miller

Fournette

Mixon'

Crowell

Cook

Anderson

Montgomery

Hyde

(btw, Zeke went the pick before him at 16th overall)

Ugh So I'm drafting in one day and will have my choice of mccaffrey or cook coming back around on the turn. Are you guys officially going with one of these confidently over an established player like Allen/ Hopkins/ Hilton / cooks ?? This thread has only served to confuse me lol.

If by confidence you mean preseason hype and utter speculation with zero to back it up, then yes.

Thanks for the Rb list.