Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Buy Low Candidates

Looking to try and trade for some buy low candidates. It's early so it's hard to really determine going into week 4 but who ya got?

RB: Mixon, Crowell, Ajayi

WR: Beckham, Evans, Bryant (although name value makes these guys harder to get)

TE: Rudolph, Ebron

Thinking of offering Lamar Miller for Crowell as I have Donta Foreman and would rather start him weekly. I like the Mariota one as I have Big Ben too. That would be an upgrade as steelers are killing me

Can Terrel Pryor be any cheaper? He should turn it around at some point right???

I'm not sure what the deal is with Pryor. He's playing with the best QB he's ever had and there is ZERO chemistry. I watched him specifically in the last game and found him slow out of breaks and not very aggressive to the ball.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Pryor. He's playing with the best QB he's ever had and there is ZERO chemistry. I watched him specifically in the last game and found him slow out of breaks and not very aggressive to the ball.

He's also got below average hands.

Ty Williams

He's also got below average hands.

Probably a valid point as well.

Ty Williams

Based on what? Competition for targets is only going to get even stiffer with Mike Williams' impending return

K. Allen

T. Benjamin

T. Williams

D. Inman

M. Williams

Plus you got Gates and Henry there. Lotta mouths to feed, unlike last year when Williams was actually worth something

:dunno:

Can Terrel Pryor be any cheaper? He should turn it around at some point right???

Not really, he flashed in the pan one season at wr and a lot of favorable circumstances allowed it. Hes not a pure talent at the position, he just made the most of his Browns year and cashed in on it. I had him as a 6th-7th rnd wr3 going into the draft. To be fair I also thought Crowder would be the guy there but so far thats a bust as well.

It is his best QB but what made him valuable last year was his volume of targets not neceesarily who was targeting him.

Thru 3 games last year 31 targets on way to 140 targets/77recs Thru 3 games this year 19 targets, rough math, let's say 100ish targets/55ish recs.

That may be oversimplifying the math, but bottom line think just too many other options in Wash.

Wilson coming of huge game, Mixon just got bulk of carries and recs under new coordinator (he didn't do much with carries but still) so think owners will hold on a little longer so don't know if I'd consider them buy low candidates right now.

Evans and Dez I like, they're still getting tons of targets (leading each of their respective teams) and just a matter of that paying off.

Trade Chuck Clay for Tyrell Williams?

I have Witten and Engram also

Other receivers are

Jeffrey

Parker

Crowder

Kearse

Other receivers are

Jeffrey

Parker

Crowder

Kearse

I'm not high on Tyrell but sure -- what do you need 3 TEs for?

Other receivers are

Jeffrey

Parker

Crowder

Kearse

Yes I would do that deal.

I think Ty Williams won't be lost for long.

I don't care that M Williams is due back who's also a rookie who's done zero so far.

I think the reemergence of T Benjamin as been interesting.

Right now Ty Williams hasn't produced nearly as good as I thought, but I really feel like that's about to change.

Yes I would do that deal.

I think Ty Williams won't be lost for long.

I don't care that M Williams is due back who's also a rookie who's done zero so far.

I think the reemergence of T Benjamin as been interesting.

Right now Ty Williams hasn't produced nearly as good as I thought, but I really feel like that's about to change.

He's second on the team with 18 targets and I can see that number getting even better as the season progresses.

TY Hilton?

He just came off 7-153-1, giggle.

I nominate...

Winston, Bortles

Ingram, McCoy, Ajayi

Cooper, Funchess, Crowder

Jax D/ST

Bortles is a good call.

6 tds 2 ints and was going to be replaced.

Top 12 once again this Season.

• Like 1

Cooper and Dez are the big ones that can likely be had for midround folks who are playing over their head. Dez is less scary than Cooper to me.

Diggs, Hopkins and Rodgers

Diggs just went 8-173-2.

I think some of you guys have NO IDEA what a buy low candidate is?? :wacko:

• Like 2

Not really, he flashed in the pan one season at wr and a lot of favorable circumstances allowed it. Hes not a pure talent at the position, he just made the most of his Browns year and cashed in on it. I had him as a 6th-7th rnd wr3 going into the draft. To be fair I also thought Crowder would be the guy there but so far thats a bust as well.

Think about it, he didn't really even cash in by NFL standards. He was only able to garner a 1yr - 6mil contract from all bidders in FA.

The Browns who knew where he was developmentally best, had a number in mind and when he didn't take it they didn't even wait, they moved on and signed Kenny Britt, Kenny Britt!

He is a phenomenal athlete and kudos to him for working hard to become a WR so late in a career cycle, plus 6 mil is a lot of money for anybody, but what looked like a good year in Clev breaks down upon closer inspection.

77 recs on 140 TGTS is highly inefficient. Then when you consider much of that came in garbage time when route running and nuance is less important against loose coverage for a Cleveland team that was playing from behind as much as anybody in the league...........those are actually pretty ugly numbers.

Pryor has a rare size speed combo but expectations were way out of control, I wouldn't buy low counting on him this year personally, but I'm rooting for him.

Matt Ryan.

Ryan's had an underwhelming start to the season, as has Julio. But Matty Ice has one of the easiest passing strength of schedules for the rest of the season.

And if you make the FF playoffs, he gets the woeful Saints secondary in Week 14 AND Week 16, and the currently 31st ranked Bucs secondary in Week 15. TB just got shredded by Case Keenum for 373 yards and 3 TDs. Trade for him if you can.

He just came off 7-153-1, giggle.

I nominate...

Winston, Bortles

Ingram, McCoy, Ajayi

Cooper, Funchess, Crowder

Jax D/ST

I made a note before the season started to target Winston after week 7. His first 7 games were supposed to be against tough pass defense teams, after that his schedule lightening up. That has changed a little, with NE giving up a lot of ground to QBs this year, but if you can wait one more week his price tag may drop a little more.

• Like 1