Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

If we build the wall..

Look I get it it that long term it would benefit us. But I feel short term(next 10-20 years) it would be very damaging to the economy.

If every fast food joint operated like Chic Fila, every coffee shop operated like Starbucks, every grocery chain paid like whole foods.....whoa uh-oh....too bad it didn't work out there. Sure if every employer out there paid higher wages and we paid more for the goods at check out it is a win-win. But getting there (again probably looking at 10-20 year time frame) would probably be very damaging to the economy.

For me personally, I don't like it. Lets say I told you your 401k will lose 20% of its value and not recover it for another 10 years. Would you be ok with it then? Or your house will lose 15% of its value or maybe stop appreciating for the next decade. Would you be ok with it then?

I like how thing's have been since '08. I got hammered then, like many people, and have since recovered. Don't think I want to go through it again. Basically, why rock the boat when it is cruising along so nicely? Know what I mean. :thumbsup:

Yes.

I know first hand about those struggles. My wife and I both got laid off, within a week of each other, in 2016. We tried to start a business but the regulations involved were such that it made it next to impossible to be profitable enough to make the venture feasible. We could have cut corners, like many do, but we wanted to be legit. We are still looking for work and living off of savings and investments to this day. Probably going to have to sell the house and move out of state at this point.

That isn't, nor should it be, your problem. I wouldn't want you to, nor will I allow you to, subsidize my existence. That isn't the American way.

That sucks. So knowing first hand what financial hardship and struggle is like, why would you want to potentially cause that to countless others? Merely to be "right or fair"? Seriously?

The Service and Hospitality industries would suffer as well. Not that it would kill people to eat out less, maintain their yards and do their own laundry for a change.

Im less sympathetic to those industries since for the most part those businesses only hire illegals to save costs. There are plenty of Americans who would work those jobs for the right costs.

The agriculture industry would fall apart without slave labor since consumers have been shielded from the true cost of the product forever.

Almost the samething that happened the last time we took the Democrats slaves away.

Services like construction, cleaning and other low wage jobs will increase in cost

Americans in those jobs will see higher incomes because slaves illegal immigrants won't be able to drive those wages down.

Our social services will see a drastic cut too thanks to less illegal immigrants receiving benefits.

Teachers will get hit hard at first due to loss of children to educate; however their wages will increase due to again less illegals sucking up services they don't pay for.

Renters on the southern boarder will get crushed

Basically if your business breaks the law and employs illegal immigrants you will get hit hard, and rightfully so.

That is a pretty simple way of looking at it. And I think long term, you are right. Higher wages, higher cost of goods, over all a win-win. But I think it would be a very painful process getting there and cause some havoc on the economy. Maybe I am wrong, who knows. All I know is personally I like where I am at and I do not want to have to deal another situation like '08 in my lifetime.

That sucks. So knowing first hand what financial hardship and struggle is like, why would you want to potentially cause that to countless others? Merely to be "right or fair"? Seriously?

Well, yeah. :dunno:

Just because the rules didn't work in my favor doesn't mean I get to change them or not abide by them or cheat. If I can't play the game within the rules, I'm playing the wrong game. Time to move on to something else.

Im less sympathetic to those industries since for the most part those businesses only hire illegals to save costs. There are plenty of Americans who would work those jobs for the right costs.

The agriculture industry would fall apart without slave labor since consumers have been shielded from the true cost of the product forever.

Can't argue with you here. I happen to live in an area that grows damn near everything except bananas and pineapples. I can drive 3 minutes down the road and buy locally grown produce from the farm but it costs me more than if I bought the same stuff at the grocery store between here and there.

I can only assume that the local farms pay more for labor than wherever the grocery store is shipping stuff in from. Logistically it doesn't make any sense.

That is a pretty simple way of looking at it. And I think long term, you are right. Higher wages, higher cost of goods, over all a win-win. But I think it would be a very painful process getting there and cause some havoc on the economy. Maybe I am wrong, who knows. All I know is personally I like where I am at and I do not want to have to deal another situation like '08 in my lifetime.

Now you're getting it.

Or....god forbid, companies innovate and find ways to do it better. Cheap, slave labor is a deterrent to that.

Not discounting your point, it's a fair question. But I wonder how many innovations might come about if agriculture was forced to do it?

An estimated 40 percent of the 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States arrived legally but stayed after their visas expired, the Associated Press reported Tuesday.

An estimated 40 percent of the 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States arrived legally but stayed after their visas expired, the Associated Press reported Tuesday.

UPI reported that the AP overestimated this stat by 30% on Wednesday.

Ok I agree. Kids are soft today. Doesn't change the fact you're still going to seriously damage the economy. And how is that a good thing exactly?

You've provided ZERO evidence that this will "seriously damage the economy" with anything other than your opinion. How do you know? Why not just build the wall and see what happens? Like Raider said, we could just issue temporary visa's if we need the manpower. :dunno:

I have an idea, his about a wall and we allow immigrants to come here if they have a job in the agricultural or lower end server industries? This way we know who's coming in and what they are doing. And no welfare or other social services, no kids in our schools. That stuff is expensive.

This is common sense. Shorten the time to get it though. I think it takes them a couple years right now. Which is why many come illegally. It's focking paperwork. Shouldn't take any longer than 2-4 weeks max.

Are we taxing the wages? If so, have to let them use services.

Now you have a plan.

What's not getting reported is that for every so called illegal that comes here via the non wall? There's a million Asians and others who come here, overstay their visas and there is absolutely no enforcement of that. That's the Dirty Little Secret of all this. Talk to any intelligent immigration official and they'll confirm this. There is literally zero budget to chase these fuckers down.

If you think this so-called plan isn't simplistic and racist, youre too fuccking stupid to read an article or open your eyes.

Wake me up when Asians start raping and murdering American citizens.

Illegals make up about 7% of the population and they commit 17% of the homicides in the country and 14% of all violent crime.

The Heritage Foundation estimated in 2013 that the aggregate annual deficit for all unlawful citizens was about $54.4 billion. The “aggregate amount” is the total cost of benefits and services received by all unlawful immigrant households, with the taxes they paid subtracted.

Illegals make up about 7% of the population and they commit 17% of the homicides in the country and 14% of all violent crime.

Do you have a source for this?

My ONLY problem with the wall is at some point it gets torn down by some future leftist assclown.

If we build some insipid wall they will just find another way. Now, if we could put an infantry division on the border, then I think we have something to work with.

Do you have a source for this?

Come on! MDC is trying to have a reasonable discussion!!

Come on! MDC is trying to have a reasonable discussion!!

Calm down keyboard muscles. Dont want anybody to get hurt.

If we build the wall....and it works out, crime is reduced, illegal aliens coming here reduced, wouldn't everyone be happy?

and if it doesn't you all get to say "TOLD YOU SO" 25 billion is really a drop in the hat, 14k per DACA member in this nation, seems like a no brainer

and then you get to have a tear down that wall party

win/win

My ONLY problem with the wall is at some point it gets torn down by some future leftist assclown.

Yep! When the Wall happens every left campaign after that will run on tearing it down.

I have no idea; not a macro economics scholar.

But my common sense tells me enforcing the law is logical, good, and the way to go.

:dunno: