Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Pepsi CEO: 'My employees were all crying' after Trump won

:cry:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pepsi-ceo-indra-nooyi-my-employees-were-all-crying-after-trump-won-155919576.html

On Wednesday, President-elect Donald Trump added three more high-profile CEOs — Pepsi (PEP) CEO Indra Nooyi, Uber CEO Travis Kalanick, and Tesla (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk — to his Strategic and Policy Forum.
The forum is meant for members to share their expertise from the private sector on how government policy impacts economic growth, job creation and productivity.
“My Administration is going to work together with the private sector to improve the business climate and make it attractive for firms to create new jobs across the United States from Silicon Valley to the heartland,” Trump said in a statement.
With Pepsi’s Nooyi on board, expect there to be plenty of discussion about some serious issues.
Just two days after the election, Nooyi, a Hillary Clinton supporter, spoke at the Dealbook Conference.
“Is there a box of tissues here?” Nooyi responded when asked by Andrew Ross Sorkin for her reaction to the election results. “I’ll tell you, first of all, I want to congratulate President Donald Trump. Because the election is over, I think, we should mourn for those of us who supported the other side, but we have to come together and life has to go on.”
She added that she had to answer a lot of questions from both her employees.
“They were all in mourning. My employees were all crying. The question that they are asking, especially those who are not white — ‘Are we safe?’ Women are asking, ‘Are we safe?’ LGBT people are asking, ‘Are we safe?’ I never thought I would have to answer those questions.”
She continued: “So, I think that the first thing that we have to do is to assure everyone living in the United States will be safe. Nothing has changed because of this election. What we heard was election talk and we will all come together and unify as a country. So, the process of democracy happened. We just have to let life go on.”
In other words: Now that the election talk is over, it’s time to get down to the issues.
Every night growing up, Nooyi’s mother would have her and her sister write a speech at the dinner table and deliver it. They would pretend to be a different world leader and their mom would vote. She was asked what kind of speech she would give today.
“A lot of what should have been said during the election I don’t think was said. Because I think we had the politics trump the issues, pardon the pun. I think that’s what happened. I think the real issues that face us as a country weren’t talked about, the reason being that if the real issues were put on the table we would have had to engage in a serious discussion. I don’t think we are ready for serious discussions. The real issues don’t lend themselves to [140] characters, the real issues don’t lend themselves to sound bites on television.”
She added that “we’ll have to pick up the big issues — technological unemployment, global trade, immigration, all of which needs reform and have serious conversation about that. Who is going to call for this dialogue, who will participate in the dialogue, and then what are we going to do about the dialogue are all big questions. I don’t know how we can handle it in a short bursts or soundbites. It would be counterproductive to do it in soundbites.”
She was also asked about the possible implications Trump’s rhetoric on trade and protectionism might have. She said that she worries about possible discrimination of American companies overseas.
“Because we fly the American flag, because we are domiciled in the United States, we are a beneficiary or victim of America’s foreign policy and position in the world. And therefore, wherever we go, the first thing they talk to us is about the United States. What I worry about is that there might be discrimination against

:cry:

:lol:

The meltdown from the left, and our own board "independent" has been historical. I've never seen anything like it. I'm talking full on 5 y/o girl kicking and screaming, throw yourself on the floor crying fit. From adults!! It's sad and comical all in one.

• Like 1

The meltdown from the left, and our own board "independent" has been historical. I've never seen anything like it. I'm talking full on 5 y/o girl kicking and screaming, throw yourself on the floor crying fit. From adults!! It's sad and comical all in one.

Where were you the last 8 years? This is not a new phenomenon. The cast and characters have just reversed roles.

No honey, no one is safe. Better hide and wait it out.

Where were you the last 8 years? This is not a new phenomenon. The cast and characters have just reversed roles.

I guess I don't recall the multi-city protests with property damage after Obama won. Or the right protesting the results? Or cry-ins at college campuses. Or safety pins being needed. Or crayon therapy. People needing days off work or needing days off of school. I just don't recall all of that.

So Sho 'Nuff and Honcho work for Pepsi? Notebook updated.

Oh yeah, Reilly? Well, the jerk store called. They are running out of you!

Thanks for putting a moronic fraud in charge of the country. 'Preciate it. :thumbsup:

Not really a partisan issue for me personally. I would've been fine with Romney, McCain, Rubio, especially Kasich, etc. Didn't even like Clinton. I just would've preferred that we not elect a carny barker and demagogue. Please get that through your thick focking skull. TIA

I guess I don't recall the multi-city protests with property damage after Obama won. Or the right protesting the results? Or cry-ins at college campuses. Or safety pins being needed. Or crayon therapy. People needing days off work or needing days off of school. I just don't recall all of that.

Oh... I thought you were just referencing FFT, with your "own board" comment. I don't really follow the news, so I can't comment on all the pissed off people who were robbed by the electoral college.

The safety pins and stuff like that is just poosie. I agree. Both the left and the right have their weirdos and they were all out in force this go-around

Says the guy who has been crying non-stop since the election. "Leave Donald Alone!!!" :cry:

Says the guy who has been crying non-stop since the election. "Leave Donald Alone!!!" :cry:

Ridiculing you lefties isn't crying. You all have been crying like Pepsi employees ever since the election though.

The Birther movement was an attempt to challenge the election results. And the right didn't need teddy bears and coloring books. They needed guns. Lots of them. That's how they coped.

There's just a bunch of dumb, overreactive people out there. Left and right.

• Like 1

Ridiculing you lefties isn't crying. You all have been crying like Pepsi employees ever since the election though.

Psst...you don't even realize you have been being ridiculed for some time. And yes...you all cry constantly.

Posting legit concerns about Trump is not crying or whining or being tilted or unhinged. But...thats the false narrative you idiots keep trying to run with.

You keep thinking its crying though chief...just shows your own ignorance.

Psst...you don't even realize you have been being ridiculed for some time. And yes...you all cry constantly.

Posting legit concerns about Trump is not crying or whining or being tilted or unhinged. But...thats the false narrative you idiots keep trying to run with.

You keep thinking its crying though chief...just shows your own ignorance.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks for putting a moronic fraud in charge of the country. 'Preciate it. :thumbsup:

Not really a partisan issue for me personally. I would've been fine with Romney, McCain, Rubio, especially Kasich, etc. Didn't even like Clinton. I just would've preferred that we not elect a carny barker and demagogue. Please get that through your thick focking skull. TIA

You can prefer whomever you'd like, but Trump won. Please get that through your thick crybaby focking skull. TIA.

Shonuff don't work. But he does buy Pepsi when he does his chores.

Also....I don't mind what she said. People focus on what they want....and some here think it's funny people were upset by the election. But she also said that its time to quit whining about who won or lost, and get down to business. Good point! And she also said that the media focuses way too much on superficial stories rather than mediating a serious discussion about the problems that afflict this country. Another great point!

But people focus on her saying employees were crying. Maybe they were crying because they have family members trying to get to this country and feel it might be more difficult to do so with Trump in office. That could be upsetting. Or maybe they're upset because they feel their marriage might be invalidated because of Pence's record on gay marriage. There might be more to the story than Trump won :cry:

Pepsi has how many employees? And they were all crying? What a pretentious phony this broad is.

Pepsi has how many employees? And they were all crying? What a pretentious phony this broad is.

typical of the world we live in.

Hyperbole city

One would think that the bored libs would be happy that Trump is asking her for her advice. Good move by him.

But people focus on her saying employees were crying. Maybe they were crying because they have family members trying to get to this country and feel it might be more difficult to do so with Trump in office. That could be upsetting. Or maybe they're upset because they feel their marriage might be invalidated because of Pence's record on gay marriage. There might be more to the story than Trump won :cry:

Maybe Pepsi employs a lot of illegal aliens and the hammer is about to come down. :mad:

:music_guitarred:

You can prefer whomever you'd like, but Trump won. Please get that through your thick crybaby focking skull. TIA.

No sh1t he won you focking dolt.

I'm saying you're an idiot and an assh0le for supporting him.

Not because he's a republican but because he's a fraud, a demagogue and a moron. You've been had :doh:

Not because he's a republican but because he's a fraud, a demagogue and a moron. You've been had :doh:

Says the guy who voted for Hitlery.

I worked at Pepsi HQ in the late 80's. I remember when Madonna did her video with the crucifixation scene. They had an emergency board of directors meeting to see how to proceed. Helicopters coming in, limos pulling up. Now the CEO is comforting her he-she employees. Times have changed.

I worked at Pepsi HQ in the late 80's. I remember when Madonna did her video with the crucifixation scene. They had an emergency board of directors meeting to see how to proceed. Helicopters coming in, limos pulling up. Now the CEO is comforting her he-she employees. Times have changed.

sure you did

Says the guy who voted for Hitlery.

What the fock does Hillary have to do with anything? Trump WON. The focking election is over. :doh:

The left wing and the press really did a job on these people. It's like they were in a cult and then thrown out on the street.

What the fock does Hillary have to do with anything? Trump WON. The focking election is over. :doh:

You're giving a guy sh*t for supposedly supporting a horrible candidate. Yet you did the same. Are you really this dumb? Maybe you should own up to your own vote and just STFU.

sure you did

Yup. Maintenance. Changing light bulbs, fixing stuff. Free sodas and Frito lay. I liked their slice brand. Orange.

I'll say this again. I do not support him, I did not vote for him, but I'm not going to cry over every cabinet pick, every person he meets with, or every statement he makes. Honestly, I don't think he'll make it 4 years in office. Focking adults who act like kids with a boo boo. Grab your safety pins and move along.

I'll say this again. I do not support him, I did not vote for him, but I'm not going to cry over every cabinet pick, every person he meets with, or every statement he makes. Honestly, I don't think he'll make it 4 years in office. Focking adults who act like kids with a book boo. Grab your safety pins and move along.

Yeah but he met with YEEZY :mad:

sure you did

Is it so hard to believe he was a flunky security guard at Pepsi before becoming a mall cop?

You're giving a guy sh*t for supposedly supporting a horrible candidate. Yet you did the same. Are you really this dumb? Maybe you should own up to your own vote and just STFU.

Supporting a horrible PRESIDENT-ELECT. There is only one, and it ain't Hillary :doh:

I'll say this again. I do not support him, I did not vote for him, but I'm not going to cry over every cabinet pick, every person he meets with, or every statement he makes. Honestly, I don't think he'll make it 4 years in office. Focking adults who act like kids with a boo boo. Grab your safety pins and move along.

I haven't cried about any of that sh1t. Taken as a whole I think his cabinet choices are sh1t but I'm not going to bother myself with each and everyone. Don't give a sh1t about safety pins or any of that poosy sh1t as I already said.

Supporting a horrible PRESIDENT-ELECT. There is only one, and it ain't Hillary :doh:

Just because we are making fun of you lefties throwing tantrums doesn't mean we support Trump. HTH.

Don't give a sh1t about safety pins or any of that poosy sh1t as I already said.

Except for the one in your diaper.

:wave: