Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

***Official World Cup 2018*** Thread

USA USA USA!

If I watch 5 minutes of it total at all, it will be a miracle.

Fixed...

Did the United States play?

I will be switching over from golf to watch Spain/Portugal

That is must see if you're a fan of futbol

Recording it as my son wants to watch that one.

Watched Uruguay pull one out of their ass. Egypt played great D until the last minutes giving up free kicks.

Thought they could hold the draw without bringing Salah on.

Recording it as my son wants to watch that one.

Watched Uruguay pull one out of their ass. Egypt played great D until the last minutes giving up free kicks.

Thought they could hold the draw without bringing Salah on.

Other than the Russia highlights i posted, I have seen no world cup yet. I will watch the final 16

Will be watching.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If USA were there, I'd watch them play. I never played except in gym class and then knowing how corrupt it is on the field and off is hard to take. I've no plans to watch any, I may if the kids tune it in.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumb foul to take with the lazy reach there. And Ronaldo sold it well.

Portugal do have some of the nicest kits out there. One of the best crests.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumb foul to take with the lazy reach there. And Ronaldo sold it well.

Right call. Foot was bumped into his other foot causing the trip. Sell or not, it gets called

Right call. Foot was bumped into his other foot causing the trip. Sell or not, it gets called

True...lazy and bad defense.

Costa Goal was very nice.

True...lazy and bad defense.

Costa Goal was very nice.

That's the great thing about the world cup. very few bad goals or lucky goals. Most are brilliant

I Was a huge proponent of the change that disallowed goalies to use their hands, when the ball is passed back from their own defender.

They need to take the rule even further and disallow any passing to your own goalie.

Now that the world cup is using replay to check on fouls.

Pepe should have been given a card for his ridiculous embellishment when Costa barely touched him

Got grazed on the jaw, grabbed his eyes and face like he was stabbed

Now that the world cup is using replay to check on fouls.

Pepe should have been given a card for his ridiculous embellishment when Costa barely touched him

Got grazed on the jaw, grabbed his eyes and face like he was stabbed

Id be fine if both were sent off...both are jackholes.

That's the great thing about the world cup. very few bad goals or lucky goals. Most are brilliant

Or GK error

Are there better looking group of athletes than the Spain WC team? :wub:

Nacho with some redemption in the 2nd Costa goal and then on his own beautiful strike.

Or GK error

wet balls

incredible. Terrible penalty at a bad time.

Good news, bad news.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/real-madrid/story/3527226/real-madrids-cristiano-ronaldo-agrees-to-188m-euro-tax-payment-and-suspended-sentence-reports

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has reached a deal with Spanish tax authorities to serve a two-year suspended sentence and pay an €18.8 million ($21.8m) fine in a tax evasion case, according to multiple reports on Friday.

Ronaldo is unlikely to serve any time in jail under the deal because Spanish law states that a sentence of under two years for a first offence can be served on probation.

The 33-year-old Portuguese footballer is accused of evading €14.7m in taxes and, through his agents, has denied the allegations. Ronaldo is due to play for Portugal on Friday in a World Cup match against Spain.

Both El Mundo newspaper and Spanish news agency Efe separately confirmed the information, citing Spanish tax authority sources. Gestifute, the agency representing the player, was not immediately available to comment on the report on Friday. The Spanish tax agency declined to comment to Reuters.

Both Efe and El Mundo reported on Friday that, according to the deal, Ronaldo has agreed to plead guilty to four counts of tax fraud at six months per count for a total of two years of prison term, although he is not likely to serve it. According to the reports, Ronaldo's representatives are confident that the prison term will be negotiated for a second fine.

According to both reports, the Spanish tax agency has yet to agree to substitute a fine for a potential suspended sentence. If the two sides do not reach an agreement, it is possible that the tax agency could demand a much larger tax bill, according to the Efe reports.

Last July, Ronaldo strongly denied any wrongdoing during a 90-minute hearing in front of Judge Monica Gomez Ferrer, with the player repeating in court claims that he feels victimised by the Spanish authorities. Prosecutors at Spain's tax agency have maintained that several companies in Ireland and the British Virgin Islands were used by Ronaldo and his advisers to avoid paying the taxes due on image rights income.

After last year's hearing, Ronaldo hired defence lawyer Jose Antonio Choclan, a veteran of high-profile legal cases involving Spanish public figures.

Ronaldo currently earns an estimated $93 million a year, according to Forbes, with approximately half coming from image rights deals with his many sponsors.

Spanish courts have recently cracked down on tax evasion among leading footballers.

Barcelona's Lionel Messi was handed a 21-month prison sentence in 2017 on similar charges but under Spanish law was able to exchange the penalty for a fine.

Between 2005 and 2010, foreign players in Spain were protected under the so-called "Beckham law" allowing them to curb their taxes. But as the financial crisis bit deeper, that exemption was lifted, paving the way for the cases.

That was fun

Sure beats those 1 - nil sludge fests

7 friends and i did a last minute WC pool/draft, were we each took 4 teams (france, switzerland, egypt, morocco). just a winner take all. next time we will create a decent scoring system so there is value beyond the top 10. got together in the city and caught all of them today. each game progressively got better. tough losses for egypt and morocco, and a wonderful finale with spain/portugal (one of our guys was born in spain, another portugal). so technically good. great time. i am hoping we can do a few more of these.

personal rooting interest is germany, with belgium as my "dark horse"

7 friends and i did a last minute WC pool/draft, were we each took 4 teams (france, switzerland, egypt, morocco). just a winner take all. next time we will create a decent scoring system so there is value beyond the top 10. got together in the city and caught all of them today. each game progressively got better. tough losses for egypt and morocco, and a wonderful finale with spain/portugal (one of our guys was born in spain, another portugal). so technically good. great time. i am hoping we can do a few more of these.

personal rooting interest is germany, with belgium as my "dark horse"

Spain/Portugal ended in a tie. No real sport ends in a tie. :dunno:

it was an excellent game showing off many of the worlds most talented players. the game was tied with 3 minutes remaining in regulation. while it ended in a tie, it was an exciting game and had it's fair share of drama.

edit: our american football sometimes can end in ties (though not in the playoffs). hockey also.

im not a big soccer fan but I don't like the fact that two teams like this basically WANT to play to a tie because they earn the half point and know they can beat up the other two teams in their group and both advance.....

not that they want to tie exactly.... im sure each team would rather get the W, but they are more than happy to just tie

also because I was a fan of his or as much as I can be a fan of any player in a sport I don't follow, this will always be my favorite world cup moment ......(aside from Zenadine Zedane? headbutting and allowing Italy to win the WC)

You should change the thread title to:

Official dumbest sport ever invented thread

Ever seen cricket on tv?

That has to be the dumbest sport ever. Its like baseballs even more insanely boring cousin.