Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Bill O'Reilly is going on "vacation"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4403714/Bill-OReilly-goes-vacation-amid-sponsor-backlash.html

Embattled Fox News host Bill O'Reilly announced on Tuesday that he will be going off the air for almost two weeks, to take a vacation.
The anchor's announcement comes amid an ongoing controversy over sexual harassment allegations made against him and a new report that James Murdoch wants him out of the company for good.
The claims prompted 60 sponsors to drop their advertising deals with the prime time show and led to an internal investigation.
Four network sources told New York Magazine that it's possible O'Reilly's getaway could turn into a permanent vacation.
The Murdoch family, the owners of Fox, are reportedly split on what to do about O'Reilly. Rupert Murdoch and his eldest son Lachlan are said to be inclined to keep O'Reilly, while younger son James - the CEO of 21st Century Fox - wants to give him the boot.
James also pushed to fire Roger Ailes amid last summer's sex scandal, and sources think he could be successful in weeding out O'Reilly this time around.
'The assumption is that he’ll exit in a non-embarrassing way,' one senior Fox News staffer told the magazine.
O'Reilly declined to share where he was heading, but has launched an online contest for fans to vote on where they think his vacation destination is. He made the point that the time off was voluntary.
Announcing the break at the end of Tuesday's show, O'Reilly made a point of saying it was planned and long in the works. He said he will return April 24.
Around this time of year, 'I grab some vacation, because it's spring and Easter time. Last fall, I booked a trip that should be terrific,' he said.
The exodus of sponsors followed a recent report in The New York Times that five women were paid a total of $13 million to keep quiet about harassment allegations.
The accusations surrounding O'Reilly, which date back 15 years, include claims of dirty phone calls, unwanted kisses and hotel room invites.
O'Reilly and 21st Century Fox reportedly paid a sum of $13million to Rachel Bernstein, Andrea Mackris, Rebecca Diamond, Laurie Dhue and Juliet Huddy - all of whom either worked with him or appeared on his show.
Four of the cases involved sexual harassment, while Bernstein received a settlement for verbal abuse.
In addition to the five women, Wendy Walsh, a former O'Reilly Factor guest, along with Andrea Tantaros, a former Fox News host, also accused the 67-year-old of inappropriate behavior.
They did not receive pay outs, and Tantaros is currently in a legal battle with Fox News and former CEO Roger Ailes, who was forced to resign in July after another sexual harassment scandal.
The amount of advertising time by paying customers on 'The O'Reilly Factor' has been cut by more than half since the Times report, according to an analysis issued Tuesday by Kantar Media.
But O'Reilly, cable TV news' most popular personality, hasn't been abandoned by his audience. His show averaged 3.7 million viewers over five nights last week, up 12 percent from the 3.3 million he averaged the week before and up 28 percent compared to the same week in 2016.
'O'Reilly Factor' drew an average of just under 4 million viewers for the first three months of 2017, his biggest quarter ever in the show's 20-year history.
On Tuesday, the host offered his audience some general advice.
'If you can possibly take two good trips a year, it will refresh your life. We all need R&R. Put it to good use,' O'Reilly said.

2 weeks? HAH!
I am thinking more of a

I flipped onto his show for a few minutes last night. It was funny. Fox had lined up virtually every female contributor that they had keft to be on his show last night.

O'Reilly will spend the vacation drafting his new book entitled

Killing My Career.

This has been going on for how long?

Why would he ever stop when he was never fired before?

He's had quite the career considering.

and how much has he made? 100 mil?

Frick, if timing were different,meg Kelly could've asked for and gotten any amount she wanted.

Now it's the Tucker Hannity Show.

Wouldn't be surprised if they brought in Chris Wallace to fill in for a bit. He's one of the few guys left that is actually respected.

Part of your post is like asking about Cosby. Once The Floodgate opens it's damn near impossible to close it again. If these guys are dirty, they've been dirty a long time.

In this case, he lost the protection of Roger Ailes. The timing isn't a coincidence.

My first thought is, f*** it, I'm a multi-millionaire I never have to work again. But the lawsuits might just knock that down substantially. His best bet is to stay with fox and have Fox take the financial hit as they should have prevented this, but instead paid off and hushed up systemically.

we've seen this before to a lesser extend. He's Don Imus. He'll get a fat radio contract, but he'll never be as big as he was again.

Part of your post is like asking about Cosby. Once The Floodgate opens it's damn near impossible to close it again. If these guys are dirty, they've been dirty a long time.

In this case, he lost the protection of Roger Ailes. The timing isn't a coincidence.

My first thought is, f*** it, I'm a multi-millionaire I never have to work again. But the lawsuits might just knock that down substantially. His best bet is to stay with fox and have Fox take the financial hit as they should have prevented this, but instead paid off and hushed up systemically.

we've seen this before to a lesser extend. He's Don Imus. He'll get a fat radio contract, but he'll never be as big as he was again.

O'reilly has no chance of going to prison, he will live life a very wealthy man.

The only thing that will keep cosby from prison is a judge/jury using his age to keep him out

Yeah, didn't bring up Cosby analogy for prison purposes.

if you don't go to prison and you're rich, who gives a fock though?

Hopefully he goes on vacation to that same farm that my dog did when I was four years old. :lol:

Hopefully he goes on vacation to that same farm that my dog did when I was four years old. :lol:

Are you wishing him happiness?

My dog went to the farm too...parents always said they have heard how happy he has been out on that farm running around chasing squirrels and rabbits.

My dog went to the farm too...parents always said they have heard how happy he has been out on that farm running around chasing squirrels and rabbits.

you guys are so lucky.

Not only was my dog (healthy, german sheppard) given to another family because we were moving to an apartment complex and we weren't allowed dogs.

the dog escaped and found us 18 miles away. Only for me to come home from school one day and have the dog in the living room. they took her away again.

I was like 8, the dog was 3 or so. her name was lady

:cry:

no wonder I'm so focked up. I hate my parents :mad:

:lol:

Hopefully Tucker gets the 8 o'clock slot. He's the real deal.

Since you have a Bonds obsession, O'Reilly is a perfect comparison. O'Reilly can try to force himself on every female that he passes on the street, and as long as he's the top rated show on the network, he still has a job. But once his rating become average and they feel they could hire someone else and get those same ratings, O'Reilly is toast. It won't be worth the headache at that point.

From Sherman and New York mag:

A Fox News source told me O’Reilly plans to return to his show on April 24… But according to four network sources, there’s talk inside Fox News that tonight’s show could be his last… Fox News co-president Bill Shine has been working hard to keep O’Reilly, sources said. But O’Reilly’s future is in the hands of the Murdochs… The Murdochs are presently divided over how to handle it. Two highly-placed Fox News sources say 21st Century Fox CEO James Murdoch would like O’Reilly to be permanently taken off the air, while his father Rupert and older brother Lachlan are more inclined to keep him.

It would be hilarious if he was hired by MCNBC and he switched to the totally opposite opinion on every issue. Like Hardcore Troubadouche did.

• Like 2

It would be hilarious if he was hired by MCNBC and he switched to the totally opposite opinion on every issue. Like Hardcore Troubadouche did.

:D

Remember that time you voted for Bush the dumber? Lol. I was never that stupid.

Remember that time you voted for Bush the dumber? Lol. I was never that stupid.

Yep. I remember. :thumbsup: I don't always get it right. But at least I'm not a slave to some party. I vote for whom I think will be the best President. Not because Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity told me to.

Yep. I remember. :thumbsup: I don't always get it right. But at least I'm not a slave to some party. I vote for whom I think will be the best President. Not because Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity told me to.

You need a rest man. Back on the drugs?

He should go to Mar-a-Lago. It's a super happening place for people who should otherwise be somewhere else doing their job.

He should go to Mar-a-Lago. It's a super happening place for people who should otherwise be somewhere else doing their job.

Key Lar go?

What the fock will you brain less d1ck bags do with one less talking head to tell you what to think?

A few of you here must seriously be freaking out

Permanent vacation

Yep, Fox made it official.

I said it from jump street.

Won't be surprised if Fox basically traded O'Reilly to the blaze for that blonde bimbo Tomi what's her face.

Why can't Ainsley Earhardt get caught up in a scandal. I wouldn't mind seeing a video of her being naughty. :ninja: