Sign in to follow this  
scherber830

New Dynasty League Starting Up

Hi guys,

A buddy of mine is starting a new dynasty league with the goal of starting a really good league free of "that guy" who is just in the league because his friends are and who always needs reminders to set his lineup and who never responds to trade requests. Basically, you can read the letter he has written and posted to dynastyleaguefootball.com.

Just thought I'd pass it along because I know there's a lot of dedicated, passionate FF players here, and I'd like a chance to play with you guys :)

Leave your email if interested!

Greetings,

I'm relatively new to these forums, but I've been playing FF for over 10 years. I'm here to find owners to the new dynasty league I'm starting.

Now, I'm sure we've all been in leagues with our friends, and they are really fun, but there's always those three or four sort of apathetic owners who are really only in the league because they're friends with everyone. They just aren't into it as much. They're the guys who need reminding to set their lineups each week or who don't respond to any trade offers ever.

No matter how competitively you play FF, I'm sure we've all experienced this. Well, I want to start a league where we don't have to worry about that.

When I first found this website and these forums, I was excited. A lot of my friends who I normally play with love FF, but aren't necessarily willing to make the longterm commitment of a dynasty league, so I'm really glad I found this place.

If anyone out there is looking for a great new league totally comprised of dedicated owners who share the same passion as one another, please let me know. My dream is to have a competitive, long-lasting league that we can all enjoy and hopefully become good friends in the process.

Here is my proposed league:

- 12 or 14 team league, depending on interest

- Low fee ($20 or something, nothing too substantial, but enough to keep it competitive for people)

- 18 roster spots, no DL, no IDP

- QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), K, Team D/St

- 4 pt pass TD, 6 pt rec or rush TD, 6 pt return TD, etc.

- League website/FB group for offseason activity

Additionally, we can discuss the details such as offseason rules, which website to use for in-season league management, rules for replacing owners, etc. as a league.

As for the draft, I was thinking we could draft while the 2011 season is still going on. That way, we get the offseason to build up our teams how we see fit. We could choose whether or not we want to actually play the remainder of the 2011 season, but I was thinking we could just draft (random draft order) and then at the end go by total 2011 fantasy points accumulated by our respective teams, and the lowest point total would get the #1 pick in August.

Please post with email address if you are interested.

I hope to get a good, solid group of 14 owners to have an awesome league and hopefully start some great friendships.

Hope to hear from you.