Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Why is it country singers sing about guns, but they aren't part of shootings....

Country singers are always singing about guns. It seems ya hear a lot of it in their songs. Along with the farm, gravel roads, grandpa, whiskey, beer, the old dusty dog, oak trees, ...that kinda stuff.

So they are yakking about guns pretty consistently.....

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=BSX8Wv7bEo7vjwS7hJsg&q=country+songs+about+guns&oq=country+songs+about+guns&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l3j0i22i30k1l2.916.7769.0.8562.40.32.5.0.0.0.121.2613.25j6.31.0..2..0...1.1.64.psy-ab..4.36.2637...0i131k1j0i10k1j33i22i29i30k1j33i160k1j33i21k1.0.0NKXf7FIjRc

Yet it its not the "country crowd" (fans of that stuff) that are the ones shooting everyone up or being involved in shootings.

Why?

What I'm getting at...people are always like "Yeah...the NRA....guns guns guns....so they can shoot people...." blah blah blah.

That's what tells me these people don't actually, think, they repeat like a 4 year old kid or perhaps a parrot would.

When I explain "Uhh. Its the the NRA folks shooting people....". I don't think they can grasp what I'm even getting at. Is it too complicated?

So I dummied it down with the country music reference.

Anyway, the NRA members are the biggest "gun nuts" there are. But they aren't the ones causing the problems. That's too much for people to fathom. They assume "NRA = Guns", "Guns = Maniacs running around shooting up schools", so then "NRA shoots up schools".

Are people that dumb, literally, or are they just sticking to their "agenda" ?

The NRA / gun collector crowd arent usually the ones shooting people. They are the ones lobbying for gun laws that allow bad guys to get their hands on guns that were at one time legally purchased. HTH.

I think you're that dumb.

But here's a little tip for you. Just like some of the most hardcore rappers rap about the most ghetto shyt? And it turns out they are multi-millionaires living in Bel Air in gated communities surrounded by white people?

I would guarantee you that the majority of the top Echelon of country stars are about as country as Al Gore.

The Toby Keith boot in your ass God Bless America crowd? Well, that's what sold at the time. But you don't hear much of that on Country radio anymore now do you? Those guys are no different then the guys who made millions of dollars protesting in the 70s.

The most brilliant country song ever written about the above is from Alan Jackson. It's called Gone Country. You should read the lyrics someday.

If they ever want to get in the mood for shooting up people, perhaps they should consider listening to more gangsta rap.

They talk about guns from completely different perspectives. Country singers its always "I love my country my guns yeehaw go muddin' and shot stuff." with rap its always "Fock this, fock that, fock you, gun to your head yeah yeah yeah I'm a badass." just shut up for focks sake.

Black dudes vs. white guys.

Its almost as if people were raised within different situations and write about those things.

(Not all...as I realize plenty will sensationalize things they never experienced because it sells)

Country singers are always singing about guns. It seems ya hear a lot of it in their songs. Along with the farm, gravel roads, grandpa, whiskey, beer, the old dusty dog, oak trees, ...that kinda stuff.

You left out the three biggest ones of them all....

Old pickup truck

Mom's fried chicken

County fair

You left out the three biggest ones of them all....

Old pickup truck

Mom's fried chicken

County fair

I was drunk, the day my mama, got out of prison...
  • Like 1

I was drunk, the day my mama, got out of prison...

and i went........to pick her uppppppp...innnnnn the raiiinnnnnnnnnn

I used to HATE country. I loved everything else: Rap, Heavy Metal, R&B, Grunge, 80's 70's etc... That was until I started spending a lot of time in the south. Y'all make fun of them but a nice evening of hanging out on back porch grilling some food, shooting some guns and drinking beer is hard to beat.

Country lyrics are very shallow I'll give you that. Especially to us northern folk, but when they talk about watching that red sun set that kicks up all kind of memories for a lot of people..

Yeeeeehaaaaaaaa y'all

I used to HATE country. I loved everything else: Rap, Heavy Metal, R&B, Grunge, 80's 70's etc... That was until I started spending a lot of time in the south. Y'all make fun of them but a nice evening of hanging out on back porch grilling some food, shooting some guns and drinking beer is hard to beat.

Country lyrics are very shallow I'll give you that. Especially to us northern folk, but when they talk about watching that red sun set that kicks up all kind of memories for a lot of people..

Yeeeeehaaaaaaaa y'all

Thats the #1 thing I miss about home. Im no red neck, and Im not a country guy, but I am a southerner. I miss sitting around a campfire with a cooler full of beer, some tunes, just chillin.

Need to go camping next time I go home. My brother just bought a big ass new farm. May have to do that.

Thats the #1 thing I miss about home. Im no red neck, and Im not a country guy, but I am a southerner. I miss sitting around a campfire with a cooler full of beer, some tunes, just chillin.

Need to go camping next time I go home. My brother just bought a big ass new farm. May have to do that.

That aint a southern thang (yes, language to help the southerners understand :) )

Thats a normal thing at the lake when Im in Wisconsin or at my sisters house.

That aint a southern thang (yes, language to help the southerners understand :) )

Thats a normal thing at the lake when Im in Wisconsin or at my sisters house.

Yeah, youre right. Adding random blasting of objects with guns, fireworks, and atv driving makes it a little more redneck fun. But such happens everywhere.

Yeah, youre right. Adding random blasting of objects with guns, fireworks, and atv driving makes it a little more redneck fun. But such happens everywhere.

Oh yeah...plenty of redmecks in Wisconsin too

A country boy can survive.

For 43 dollars my friend lost his life.

I'd love to spit some beech but in that dudes eye.

And shoot him with my old .45

Oh yeah...plenty of redmecks in Wisconsin too

Yep. Ive always thought the south and Midwest are fairly culturally similar. More so than the coasts.

My brother in law is from Indiana. Him and his buddies are some of the biggest red necks I know.

I think you're that dumb.

But here's a little tip for you. Just like some of the most hardcore rappers rap about the most ghetto shyt? And it turns out they are multi-millionaires living in Bel Air in gated communities surrounded by white people?

You might want to look up how many of these "hard core rappers" are actually multi millionaires, cause there are only a few of them.

What you are not getting / or mebbe you are is the difference between living the life and rapping about it vs being thought of as hard core just because you rap about it and whitey doesn't know the difference.

I guess that the main thing with your statment that I disagree with was the Bel Air gated community jab. :cheers:

A country boy can survive.

For 43 dollars my friend lost his life.

I'd love to spit some beech but in that dudes eye.

And shoot him with my old .45

Great song :thumbsup:

When Lynyrd Skynrd didn't appreciate what Neil Young had to say about the south in the song Southern Man, they responded by writing Sweet Home Alabama. No one was shot or harmed.

A lot of people don't know this, but Neil Young actually planted a bomb on Lynyrd Skynyrd's plane.

The NRA / gun collector crowd arent usually the ones shooting people. They are the ones lobbying for gun laws that allow bad guys to get their hands on guns that were at one time legally purchased. HTH.

Let's break this down into 2 parts.

1. "The NRA / gun collector crowd arent usually the ones shooting people." Agree and thank you for your honesty. Good guys with guns aren't the problem.

2. " laws that allow bad guys to get their hands on guns." Name 1 law that will keep a bad guy from getting their hands on guns.

When Lynyrd Skynrd didn't appreciate what Neil Young had to say about the south in the song Southern Man, they responded by writing Sweet Home Alabama. No one was shot or harmed.

They also wrote Saturday Night Special, which has a strong anti-handgun message.

1. "The NRA / gun collector crowd arent usually the ones shooting people." Agree and thank you for your honesty. Good guys with guns aren't the problem.

2. " laws that allow bad guys to get their hands on guns." Name 1 law that will keep a bad guy from getting their hands on guns.

Where do you think all the illegal guns come from? A secret gun factory? Runs across the border?

No. They come from some wackos ridiculously large arsenal. They get stolen, his kids sell them when he dies, they fall of the grid.

Having a country awash in guns is just a real bad idea.

Sure, I would start with these two:

1. Mandatory criminal background checks for all gun sales / purchases, including private sales.

2. Mandatory immediate reporting of a lost or stolen firearm.

Right now most states require no background check on private gun sales and gun owners are not required to report lost or stolen firearms at all in something like 30+ states. How do we keep guns away from criminals when our laws allow guns to vanish into the black market so easily?

Where do you think all the illegal guns come from? A secret gun factory? Runs across the border?

No. They come from some wackos ridiculously large arsenal. They get stolen, his kids sell them when he dies, they fall of the grid.

1. Mandatory criminal background checks for all gun sales / purchases, including private sales.

Right now most states require no background check on private gun sales and gun owners are not required to report lost or stolen firearms at all in something like 30+ states. How do we keep guns away from criminals when our laws allow guns to vanish into the black market so easily?

So let's get this straight. A bad guy breaks into my home and steals my arsenal. I report it to the insurance company and police. How again did that stop the guy from getting my gun?

Logic at its finest.

China is getting to you. Glad you are staying put.

So guns get stolen by bad guy from good guy and that's the good guys fault. You are better than this.

Let's make the stealing illegal first.

So let's get this straight. A bad guy breaks into my home and steals my arsenal. I report it to the insurance company and police. How again did that stop the guy from getting my gun?

Logic at its finest.

My point is that you can sell your gun on the black market and years later when its used in commission of a crime you can claim that it was lost or stolen, since there is no requirement to report it missing.

China is getting to you. Glad you are staying put.

So guns get stolen by bad guy from good guy and that's the good guys fault. You are better than this.

I'm afraid he's not :(

My point is that you can sell your gun on the black market and years later when its used in commission of a crime you can claim that it was lost or stolen, since there is no requirement to report it missing.

So what law will work in my example? We both know the answer is NONE. No laws will stop the bad people from doing bad.

Wow, it's not that difficult to extrapolate.

So what law will work in my example? We both know the answer is NONE. No laws will stop the bad people from doing bad.

Wow, it's not that difficult to extrapolate.

I just gave you two examples.

The ls Vegas massacre was a country-ish concert right?

The ls Vegas massacre was a country-ish concert right?

Probably.

The 4 year old from down the street was a relatively harmless kid. Didn't stop the maniac with the shovel from crushing him.

The Michigan gymnasts were likely decent girls. Didn't stop Nasser from sticking his fingers in their vaginal tube.

It appears none of you know how bad guys, like the ones in Chicago and other inner

Cities, get their guns. It's not from burglaries.

Nobody is saying theyre stolen in burglaries. :doh:

It appears none of you know how bad guys, like the ones in Chicago and other inner

Cities, get their guns. It's not from burglaries.

the NRA passes them out for Halloween treats
  • Like 1