Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

What was your wedding song

But hey, gotta do what the person you're going to have secks with for the rest of your life taught you to do right?

FIFY

My ex and I never had a wedding, but into the mystic was our song.

Way to fock up a perfectly great song.

Ugh...

My wife's sister during her maid of honor speech rearranged the words to Hey Soul Sister... To stuff about us. Their family thought it was the coolest thing ever. It was f****** retarded. Like cringe-worthy bad. They took a crappy song and now made it even worse when I hear it.

Ugh...

My wife's sister during her maid of honor speech rearranged the words to Hey Soul Sister... To stuff about us. Their family thought it was the coolest thing ever. It was f****** retarded. Like cringe-worthy bad. They took a crappy song and now made it even worse when I hear it.

I hear you. Train sucks.

I was engaged to a girl in college (bailed before it went down) and her name was Virginia. When that song came out, ugh. She thought it was so clever.

I hear you. Train sucks.

I was engaged to a girl in college (bailed before it went down) and her name was Virginia. When that song came out, ugh. She thought it was so clever.

Haha...oh shiit. And you know she mentioned it like 8,000 times.

Haha...oh shiit. And you know she mentioned it like 8,000 times.

Not just her. Everyone.

Smokes a pack a day, no wait thats me, but anyway.

Ha ha. Thats you guys.

Not just her. Everyone.

Smokes a pack a day, no wait thats me, but anyway.

Ha ha. Thats you guys.

Oh my God. The worst.

#1 - No music. Just a small family dinner afterwards.

#2 - Angel Eyes - Jeff Healey.

#3 - Shameless - Billy Joel.

As a refresher. First time I was 19, divorced 5 years later. Second one died of cancer. Currently on #3. So far, so good.

had 3 - because I'm that guy that DJ'd his own wedding :D

I can't remember the last one :wall:

Me and the Mrs. All My Life, by Linda Ronstadt/Aaron Neville duet.

Then right after that song, we had the wedding party come out there with us. Which was Keeper of the Stars, by Tracy Byrd.

We each wanted a song, and neither one of us wanted to budge. So we said f it. Let's do both. It's our wedding.

I'm just shocked his BIL didn't have connections to a popular band and got them to play the wedding song live at Digbys wedding before flying to Augusta for a quick 9

No song, no guests. Just us on a picturesque secluded beach in Hawaii with the ceremony lady and photographer. Wouldnt have it any other way. Got married and had week long honeymoon in paradise all for less than 5k. Others spend tens of thousands on gaudy annoying weddings they saw in rom com movies. Obscene waste of cash, could take an awesome trip to anywhere in world for that. But hey, gotta do what the marketing agencies taught you to do right?

To each his own. I enjoyed celebrating my wedding with family and friends. All of our family lives back east and wanted an excuse to vacation in Phoenix anyway; one cousin said something like (if you get married back here I'll kill you). :D Plus my inlaws paid; if we had done what you did we'd have been removed from the will. :dunno:

No song, no guests. Just us on a picturesque secluded beach in Hawaii with the ceremony lady and photographer. Wouldnt have it any other way. Got married and had week long honeymoon in paradise all for less than 5k. Others spend tens of thousands on gaudy annoying weddings they saw in rom com movies. Obscene waste of cash, could take an awesome trip to anywhere in world for that. But hey, gotta do what the marketing agencies taught you to do right?

no some of us have family and friends that helped get us to that point and want to share in the celebration of marriage. but cool story. i agree that some are way over top and waste of $$$.

also... into the mystic was ours

We got married in Hawaii as well. Had 17 people there, though, so it was still celebrated with our parents and some close friends. We still had a song. The savings and memories of a lifetime were pretty good.

I wish we had eloped. We had significant $ help and still spent close to $10k on a modest wedding with 100 guests.

Previous marriage - Lets Stay Together. We didnt. Huge, elaborate wedding in New Rochelle. No idea of the final cost. Probably $50K range. Her parents paid.

Current and last marriage - no song. Went to a JUP, then spent a week in Puerto Vallarta.

My wife and I threw a big party for friends and family at a Chicago steakhouse when we returned. We paid.

Previous marriage - Lets Stay Together. We didnt. Huge, elaborate wedding in New Rochelle. No idea of the final cost. Probably $50K range. Her parents paid.

New York? are you, or she from there?

When I’m With You by Sherrif. Married in 1989. Had to look it up to remember

Yes. New Rochelle, New York.

This place.

http://thesurfclubonthesound.com

She was from CT. We worked and lived in the city for awhile before we moved out to Fairfield, CT.

Been there. Fairfield took a beating in the storm the other day. A woman was killed.

• Like 1

This place.

She was from CT. We worked and lived in the city for awhile before we moved out to Fairfield, CT.

i have had lunch there a couple of times. My uncle lives in New Rochelle. He is the one i used to stay with during my summers in high school.

• Like 1

Been there. Fairfield took a beating in the storm the other day. A woman was killed.

That sucks. I hadnt heard that.

i have had lunch there a couple of times. My uncle lives in New Rochelle. He is the one i used to stay with during my summers in high school.

Small world. Its a pretty cool place I guess, but its no Fishtown.

My ex wife is Italian, so the whole affair had a decidedly guidoish feel to it.

• Like 1

That sucks. I hadnt heard that.

Art Teacher at North Salem. Lots of power out, looks like for a while. Yet no looting. Weird.

Art Teacher at North Salem. Lots of power out, looks like for a while. Yet no looting. Weird.

Its early yet. Fairfield borders Bridgeport.

Agree 100%. But my wife wanted a "small" wedding, by Hawaii standards. About a hundred people. :doh:

To each his own. I enjoyed celebrating my wedding with family and friends. All of our family lives back east and wanted an excuse to vacation in Phoenix anyway; one cousin said something like (if you get married back here I'll kill you). :D Plus my inlaws paid; if we had done what you did we'd have been removed from the will. :dunno:

Now that its all planned and mostly done, Im looking forward to the wedding. I never had one with the ex wife. Now granted, out of the 100 guests, exactly five of them are mine. My parents, two of my china friends, and one of their girlfriends. But still, will be fun. Wish my brother and sister were coming.

The original plan was to fly back to the states afterwards and have a party. But that was too much for one summer. We will go home next summer instead. We and my parents are taking a short trip instead.

But I would never do it in the states. The whole damn thing, venue, photos and video, food, dress and suit, rings, whole damn shebang cost us around $5k in the Philippines. My parents spent well over $100k on my sisters wedding two years ago.

New York? are you, or she from there?

Going to ask same question- I spent a lot of time at the Davenport Beach Club mega years ago.

Now that its all planned and mostly done, Im looking forward to the wedding. I never had one with the ex wife. Now granted, out of the 100 guests, exactly five of them are mine. My parents, two of my china friends, and one of their girlfriends. But still, will be fun. Wish my brother and sister were coming.

The original plan was to fly back to the states afterwards and have a party. But that was too much for one summer. We will go home next summer instead. We and my parents are taking a short trip instead.

But I would never do it in the states. The whole damn thing, venue, photos and video, food, dress and suit, rings, whole damn shebang cost us around $5k in the Philippines. My parents spent well over $100k on my sisters wedding two years ago.

Why aren't your brother and sister coming? :dunno:

Al Greene- I'm So In Love With You

Saw him a few years ago at Jazz Fest with wifey. Was when I realized we were done. Dancing in the mudd.

Why aren't your brother and sister coming? :dunno:

Because they have normal jobs, and only get a week of vacation at a time, most of which is taken up with obligations. Flying to the opposite end of the world just wouldnt work.

Plus my sister is pregnant and cant fly, and my brother in law is afraid to fly, so that knocks them out.

My brother has been talking about taking his family to Vietnam for ten years (his wife is Vietnamese) but never do. They just bought a farm, have a lot of work going on there, own three nail salons, so getting that far away is hard for them.

I mean my parents itinerary is brutal. Memphis to Atlanta to Seoul to Manila with layovers at each, then a two hour drive to the town. On the way back it will be Cebu to Manila to Seoul to atlanta to Memphis, then an hour drive home.

Better part of three whole days traveling, jet lag, its a lot to ask. But theyre retired. I was actually surprised they decided to come.

This place.

had a friend that went to iona. partied there a couple times. :cheers:

• Like 1

Not sure... I think it was a Granddaddy song. Maybe Avett Brothers.