Sign in to follow this  
penultimatestraw

How common are good guys with guns?

How common are victims of violent crimes of any kind? Or had relatives killed/maimed/injured from someone as a result of violent crime?

If you were to poll those people, what percent of them, if they could would like to have had a gun to defend themselves or their loved one, or had someone else with gun defend them or their loved one?

LOL.

Exactly.

How common are victims of any kind?

These days? About as common as those stupid blouses with holes in the sleeves.

These days? About as common as those stupid blouses with holes in the sleeves.

I edited while you were in the process of commenting....

Now eliminate blacks from both of those numbers and see where they stand. Somewhere between 4.95m NRA members to 5k Kardashian followers. ;)

:lol:

random point...its a little silly when people try to make gun regulation counter arguments based on Chicago. Its one small area that is surrounded by areas that don't have the same regulation..of course guns from the outlying area are going to make it into the city.

Well that settles it. A two person study.

Real world experience > theory

hth

How many bad guys have you shot?

Most LEO's never shoot any bad guys over the course of their careers. I suppose they shouldn't have guns either. :dunno:

So you've never shot those guns either by accident or on purpose? Why don't you just buy a fuking paperweight?

I guess that's one way to save on ammo.

:D

:doh:

Never accidentally or intentionally shot anybody.

Most LEO's never shoot any bad guys over the course of their careers. I suppose they shouldn't have guns either. :dunno:

That's true.

It's mostly capricorns and Geminis.

Real world experience > theory

hth

2 person example...not statistically valid.

hth

2 person example...not statistically valid.

hth

Statistically invalid like the .0001 percent of guns in America that are used in homicides every year?

There are over 75 million good guys with guns in this country. The question should be how many bad guys with guns are there in the USA. As ususual these discussions start with gun control and not public safety because public safety is not the agenda. The agenda is only gun control.

There are 300 million guns in this country, how many are used in a crime?

Weird, this thread gave me 17 cases of Deja Vu, I'm sure you'll work it out in this one though.

Good luck fellas.

Suicide, Alaska, Chicago!!

Here's an interesting stat: Guns are legal.

How many links, points and counterpoints do you anti-gun folks think you're gonna have to make to change that?

Summary: Your whining and crying little fawking babies is getting you no where. But if you're okay with that....hey...keep right on arguing. ;)

Here's an interesting stat: Guns are legal.

How many links, points and counterpoints do you anti-gun folks think you're gonna have to make to change that?

Summary: Your whining and crying little fawking babies is getting you no where. But if you're okay with that....hey...keep right on arguing. ;)

That's not a stat or a summary. :dunno:

The stats are based on actual deaths, not theoretical ones. :doh:

And it is your theory that access to guns is the cause of those deaths. :doh:

Weird, this thread gave me 17 cases of Deja Vu, I'm sure you'll work it out in this one though.

Good luck fellas.

I know right?!

penny: How common are good guys with guns?

me and others: [examples of why this is a dumb question]

penny: Gun deaths!

us: sigh...

Good luck fellas.

One a week at least. Don't forget we have to ban vans, knives, hammers, tornadoes, pizza, and heart disease if we're gonna ban guns!!

In an average year during 1996–1998, 2.46 million U.S. adults used a gun for self-defense. This estimate, based on an enormous sample of 12,870 cases (unweighted) in a nationally representative sample

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/22/guns-save-lives-cdc-never-publicized/

Funny how there is no link to the actual data...but it implies a little under 1% of the adult population uses guns this way each year. I know there are only like four of us here, but any non-LEOs have a story to share?

Funny how there is no link to the actual data...but it implies a little under 1% of the adult population uses guns this way each year. I know there are only like four of us here, but any non-LEOs have a story to share?

I love the time frame too. 2 years worth that was 20 plus years ago. Seems relevant.

I love the time frame too. 2 years worth that was 20 plus years ago. Seems relevant.

Yeah, for some reason the government doesn't want to do research in to whether guns are used for good and to what extent. But it's the gun owners fault that that research isn't being done. :lol:

Yeah, for some reason the government doesn't want to do research in to whether guns are used for good and to what extent. But it's the gun owners fault that that research isn't being done. :lol:

Psst... When we don't go one day without a mass shooting most of us don't need a research paper to tell us there is a problem. HTH.

Psst... When we don't go one day without a mass shooting most of us don't need a research paper to tell us there is a problem. HTH.

We don't go one day without a mass shooting? How many days do we go without a good guy using a gun in a beneficial manner? Based upon that study, much less than one day.

Of course there is a problem only you think the gun and the NRA are responsible not the murder. Getting rid of the guns from law abiding citizens is not going to stop the violence!

How screwed up are you thinking there is a mass shooting every day?

Mark Robinson addresses Greensboro City Council on gun show ban

We don't go one day without a mass shooting? How many days do we go without a good guy using a gun in a beneficial manner? Based upon that study, much less than one day.

Well let's see. Are you concerned about a guy with a gun protecting himself against an attack or someone coming into your mall and mowing people down? There's your answer.

Well let's see. Are you concerned about a guy with a gun protecting himself against an attack or someone coming into your mall and mowing people down? There's your answer.

WAT?????

Take away his gun and he will bring a bomb.

Now what do you do? Who do you blame?

WAT?????

The point is who gives a crap how many people are protecting themselves in their home or against someone that's attacking them when they don't stop mass shootings and we have one of them everyday.

Take away his gun and he will bring a bomb.

Now what do you do? Who do you blame?

You make him make a bomb. You make him go get all the ingredients, the materials, leave trails.

If someone's going to snap I don't want them to have the easiest way possible to do it.

The point is who gives a crap how many people are protecting themselves in their home or against someone that's attacking them when they don't stop mass shootings and we have one of them everyday.

Are you still staying we have a mass shooting every day? Can you provide some evidence to back this statement up please.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/oct/02/america-mass-shootings-gun-violence

9 of every 10.... Let's not split the atom here. Close enough.

That isn't one every day. It's not even 9 out of 10 days. You might have a point if you were talking about AVERAGE but that's not what you said. it's hard to take you seriously man. And, based upon the stats in the report about good guys, a hell of a lot more lives are saved from good guys having guns than bad guys. IOW, we're better off with good guys having guns. Sorry those FACTS, from the CDC of all places, don't fit with your preconceived world view.

• Like 1

That isn't one every day. It's not even 9 out of 10 days. You might have a point if you were talking about AVERAGE but that's not what you said. it's hard to take you seriously man. And, based upon the stats in the report about good guys, a hell of a lot more lives are saved from good guys having guns than bad guys. IOW, we're better off with good guys having guns. Sorry those FACTS, from the CDC of all places, don't fit with your preconceived world view.

Hahahaha.... 9 out of 10 days is your best argument because it's not everyday. You're pathetic.

What are you talking about? They will save themselves. They don't stop mass shootings. We have been over this.