Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Charles Barkley thinks the NBA has never been worse

http://arizonasports.com/story/662787/charles-barkley-nba-never-been-worse-meet-bruce-arians/

Man of opinion Charles Barkley believes the NBA has never been worse.
Hear him out and put aside the assumption the former Phoenix Suns star and current TNT analyst is being ageist, and there is sense to it. Look no further than the Eastern Conference playoffs, where the Cleveland Cavaliers remains loss-less through two-plus rounds and 10 postseason games.
“People think us old guys hate when we talk about it,” Barkley told Bickley and Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. “It has nothing to do with the Warriors’ greatness, LeBron’s greatness. But I’ve never seen the NBA as bad as it is, and I’ve been saying it the last three or four years. We’ve got too many young players coming out of college that don’t know how to play. It’s frustrating for me because I want to see competitive basketball.
“We took a survey on our crew … How many actual NBA teams would you buy season tickets for?” he added. “Four in the west and Cleveland obviously in the east. That’s not good for our league.”
From a hotel overlooking a Las Vegas pool, Barkley said he believes this offseason could set the tone for the league’s future success or failure.
With an exploding salary cap giving many teams the ability to spend, Barkley doesn’t want to see superteams form, further watering down an NBA of five elite teams and few others.
“There’s no chance at parity,” Barkley said. “This summer is going to be, to be honest with you, basically do or die for the NBA. Everybody can pay everybody this summer. If all these guys get together and we have five good teams and the rest of the teams are awful, it’s going to be a bad product.
“Fans aren’t stupid.”

Let's make the NBA great again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21USQv6Pbmo

Rodman's reaction right before the steal is priceless.

• Like 1

I agree with him but think it has as much to do with the rule changes over the years as it does the teams/talent.

Having kids play at kentucky and other places for one year and leaving is bad for both leagues.

Lol at robert Parrish throwing 3 punches at lambier - foul on some other guy.

That game really had a little bit of everything.

Pistons attempted TWO 3 pointers (Isiah 0 for 2)

Celtics were 2 for 8

Bunch of chuckers :thumbsdown:

:o

you don't mean....

CHUCK Barkley, do you?

:o

http://arizonasports.com/story/662787/charles-barkley-nba-never-been-worse-meet-bruce-arians/

Let's make the NBA great again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21USQv6Pbmo

Rodman's reaction right before the steal is priceless.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Mid 80s thru mid 90s were the heyday of basketball. It was a mans game then, now its just a bunch of guys running back and forth chucking up threes. Lakers--->Celtics----->Pistons----->Bulls.

• Like 1

Lakers--->Celtics----->Pistons----->Bulls.

As a Celtics fan I sadly agree with you. If not for Magic and his baby sky hook and McHale/Parrish didn't fight each other for a rebound, it would be Celtics > Lakers

:(

Pat, 0 luck on the golf shirt, I will pay for your next 2 EDex entries. fair?"

As a Celtics fan I sadly agree with you. If not for Magic and his baby sky hook and McHale/Parrish didn't fight each other for a rebound, it would be Celtics > Lakers

:(

Pat, 0 luck on the golf shirt, I will pay for your next 2 EDex entries. fair?"

I prepaid for the entire year, welcher......LOL. j/k

Find me a cooled t-shirt from a bar or something...that work for you?

I prepaid for the entire year, welcher......LOL. j/k

Find me a cooled t-shirt from a bar or something...that work for you?

oh ya :wall:

Okay.

eta:

http://www.amazon.com/PGA-TOUR-Big-Tall-Performance-2X-Large/dp/B017BEMKUU/ref=sr_1_20?s=golf&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1464270626&sr=1-20&keywords=golf+shirt&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011%2Cp_n_size_seven_browse-vebin%3A2571113011

Too many teams, watered down talent. It is pretty damn bad

Name a major sport that isn't?

Each league could cut 4 to 8 teams and not miss a beat.

NFL can't even find 20 good QBS, forget about 32

Name a major sport that isn't?

Each league could cut 4 to 8 teams and not miss a beat.

NFL can't even find 20 good QBS, forget about 32

True but I feel like it's had the biggest impact on the NBA. I don't even watch the playoffs anymore and I used to be real big into it all year.

True but I feel like it's had the biggest impact on the NBA. I don't even watch the playoffs anymore and I used to be real big into it all year.

NHL could drop 4 teams tomorrow and no one notice.

Phoenix has a team? :wacko: