Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Food you like to eat

I kind of see both sides here.

New York and California have larger Asian populations and bigger food scenes than most places in America. Then you have the proximity to the ocean, etc. A quick search of the best Sushi places is almost all places along the coast. SF, LA, NY, Seattle, Maine, etc.

That being said, the best Sushi Ive ever eaten was at a place called Uchi in Austin TX. Ive also had some of the best Vietnamese food in Houston TX.

Id say youre more likely to get good Sushi prepared by an actual Sushi chef in NY and CA, but Im sure there is great sushi in any state that borders the ocean or has a vibrant food scene.

Sushi in Tennessee or Missouri though... Ill pass and grab some BBQ.

New York and California have larger Asian populations and bigger food scenes than most places in America. Then you have the proximity to the ocean, etc. A quick search of the best Sushi places is almost all places along the coast. SF, LA, NY, Seattle, Maine, etc.

That being said, the best Sushi Ive ever eaten was at a place called Uchi in Austin TX. Ive also had some of the best Vietnamese food in Houston TX.

Id say youre more likely to get good Sushi prepared by an actual Sushi chef in NY and CA, but Im sure there is great sushi in any state that borders the ocean or has a vibrant food scene.

Exactly. Arizona? Those old codgers need someone to mash their food up for them. Plus all the trash that live there aren't going to pay for the good stuff.

Salmon has to be frozen for 7 days before it is safe for sushi. There are other types of sushi which may or may not be fresher, but everywhere in the country has the same freshness of sushi grade salmon.

Yellowfin Gulf tuna does not abide by your statement.

It's not the same type tuna. But good for you.

Hardly Through the Door is right. Nothing like Good old NY Dirty Water Sushi.

There's a cart at 42nd & Insufferable that is almost as good as Grays Papayas GAALAMAARAY, Fugget about it!

Dis guy. talking about fish west of Lex. pssccht! Da Towers Baby!

Hardly Through the Door is right. Nothing like Good old NY Dirty Water Sushi.

There's a cart at 42nd & Insufferable that is almost as good as Grays Papayas GAALAMAARAY, Fugget about it!

Dis guy. talking about fish west of Lex. pssccht! Da Towers Baby!

They say fish is brain food. Get it? I said brain food because of that time you held that women's skull in place while her brains leaked out. Lol.

They say fish is brain food. Get it? I said brain food because of that time you held that women's skull in place while her brains leaked out. Lol.

But but but according to your profile, you weren't even around when that happened?.??.

Seriously, this is like the 8th time you've brought it up today. Get some new schtick

Or I don't know maybe go back to "57 states"!😭 every time your boy Trump fucks up.

But but but according to your profile, you weren't even around when that happened?.??.

Seriously, this is like the 8th time you've brought it up today. Get some new schtick

Or I don't know maybe go back to "57 states"!😭 every time your boy Trump fucks up.

No it's not. Stop lying. Especially in a post about your lying.

Supposedly we have decent sushi in Tennessee. I wouldnt know, as I focking hate sushi.

Everybody likes pork belly :nono:

Untrue

An Italian place really close to our house usually has Veal Osso Bucco; it comes with the baby cow bone and a little fork to dig out the bone marrow. Gawd bless being at the top of the food chain. :thumbsup:

:mad:

NY and California are the only states with good, fresh sushi. The rest of the country is eating garbage fish. As a matter of fact, very little of the best stuff gets out of Japan

Very wrong. Hawaii and CO have excellent sushi, and I bet there are a smattering of good places elsewhere.

Very wrong. Hawaii and CO have excellent sushi, and I bet there are a smattering of good places elsewhere.

Anywhere that has enough people willing to pay for good sushi has good sushi.

People from ny and ca just like the think theyre special.

Hawaii and Alaska don't count. You know this

:(

There's nothing within driving distance worth eating besides Pizza Hut, the only place that's worth the trip. I just go out to dinner with people to be polite. I never enjoy eating anymore. When I go on vacations to places with western tourists ... ah... I'm so incredibly happy.

Absolutely, without question, the worst part of being over here.

City folk get a rise out of paying 10x for the exact same product I buy in good ole PA.

You're wrong. There isn't an infinite supply of Tuna and the rest. The best stuff goes where the highest price is paid. Why do I have to explain this?

You're wrong. There isn't an infinite supply of Tuna and the rest. The best stuff goes where the highest price is paid. Why do I have to explain this?

1. If thats the case, then the best tuna goes to japan.

2. Most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference anyway.

1. If thats the case, then the best tuna goes to japan.

2. Most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference anyway.

It does and you're right.

It does and you're right.

Were going to japan in September. I almost feel obligated to go have sushi in japan, even though I dont like sushi and it isnt worth what it costs (to me).

Japanese food in general blows actually imho.

Were going to japan in September. I almost feel obligated to go have sushi in japan, even though I dont like sushi and it isnt worth what it costs (to me).

Japanese food in general blows actually imho.

Try Yakisoba. It's good, like lo-mein but the Japs actually put some meat on it.

Try Yakisoba. It's good, like lo-mein but the Japs actually put some meat on it.

Ugh. You have no focking idea how sick of mein (that just means noodles) I am. I eat chow mein (fried noodles) damn near every day for dinner. Its one of the better options near my house.

Im with volty. Actual Chinese food blows. I eat it maybe four days a week. Sometimes during the week Ill eat sh!ty western food like McDonalds or KFC, just because its focking there.

Weekends we go to the mall and eat decent food. There are good restaurants here, they are just far from where I live.

Missouri though... Ill pass and grab some BBQ.

Easily one of the best reasons I'm glad I live 30 minutes from Kansas City.

Was able to bring in high quality seafood to Colorado very quickly.

For sushi... Typically going to be better the closer you are to a coast, but not essential. You need good ingredients and people who know what to do with them.

Hawaii, California, Pacific Northwest have been my favorite spots but have had very good sushi in Denver.

Also enjoy Japanese cuisine beyond sushi. Great flavors.

Exactly. Arizona? Those old codgers need someone to mash their food up for them. Plus all the trash that live there aren't going to pay for the good stuff.

Theres a lot of trash that lives in Az? Like, thats a thing?

I lived there for years and didnt notice more trash than anywhere else.

This is also the first time ive seen it mentioned anywhere.

No, they sell them in San Fran or LA. They don't make it to the rest of the country. NY gets its salmon from the North Atlantic. But hey, you probably have a lot of jack in the box and chipotle. So you have that going for you.

Atlantic salmon is far inferior to pacific. God youre an idiot

Atlantic salmon is far inferior to pacific. God youre an idiot

Did I say which was better? And besides, using Salmon in sushi is a new, western thing. Drink up alky

Did I say which was better? And besides, using Salmon in sushi is a new, western thing. Drink up alky

Youve been slaughtered ten times over in this thread. Maybe time for another new handle? :(

Theres a lot of trash that lives in Az? Like, thats a thing?

I lived there for years and didnt notice more trash than anywhere else.

This is also the first time ive seen it mentioned anywhere.

Ever seen Arizona rising? Or met gfiafp?

Easily one of the best reasons I'm glad I live 30 minutes from Kansas City.

Worst BBQ is MO. Gates.

Decent steak though.

I guess if you like candy meat, Missouri is your bag.

Youve been slaughtered ten times over in this thread. Maybe time for another new handle? :(

I've been disagreed with by butt hurt fly over dwellers, hardly slaughtered. . But yeah, the good sushi that's from the ocean works it's way inland, to the states where it's more expensive to ship and the people don't have as much money. That's the way things usually work. Moron.

Worst BBQ is MO. Gates.

Decent steak though.

I guess if you like candy meat, Missouri is your bag.

Gates is wayyyyy overated when it comes to BBQ,in fact only ate there once and never been back.

I've been disagreed with by butt hurt fly over dwellers, hardly slaughtered. . But yeah, the good sushi that's from the ocean works it's way inland, to the states where it's more expensive to ship and the people don't have as much money. That's the way things usually work. Moron.

Heres the thing though. How many high end sushi joints are in NYC?

Cities like Nashville or whatever have good sushi. But maybe only one high end joint.

Which Is more profitable? Being one of twenty in NYC or being the only one in a city 1/5 the size?

Heres the thing though. How many high end sushi joints are in NYC?

Cities like Nashville or whatever have good sushi. But maybe only one high end joint.

Which Is more profitable? Being one of twenty in NYC or being the only one in a city 1/5 the size?

Ok, I'll attempt to explain this. The Fulton fish market in NYC is the second biggest fish market in the world, the one in Tokyo is the biggest. When shipments of fish arrive, the buyers for the best restaurants in NYC go there and inspect the fish and pay top dollar for the best fish. The really good stuff never makes it out of the NY area. I'm sorry this upsets everyone, but its true. I hate to break the news, but rich people, especially really rich people, get better stuff than the rest of us.

Ok, I'll attempt to explain this. The Fulton fish market in NYC is the second biggest fish market in the world, the one in Tokyo is the biggest. When shipments of fish arrive, the buyers for the best restaurants in NYC go there and inspect the fish and pay top dollar for the best fish. The really good stuff never makes it out of the NY area. I'm sorry this upsets everyone, but its true. I hate to break the news, but rich people, especially really rich people, get better stuff than the rest of us.

You are aware that cities all along every coast also have fish markets, yes? All the tuna caught in the gulf and Atlantic does not end up in New York. Some ends up in fish markets all along the coast. New Orleans, Florida, the Carolinas, etc.

I know much of the Japanese tuna is caught in places like Indonesia and the Philippines and flown in frozen.

You are aware that cities all along every coast also have fish markets, yes? All the tuna caught in the gulf and Atlantic does not end up in New York. Some ends up in fish markets all along the coast. New Orleans, Florida, the Carolinas, etc.

I know much of the Japanese tuna is caught in places like Indonesia and the Philippines and flown in frozen.

The best stuff goes where the most money is. They like to make money. Why ship it further for less money?

All of us are rich, so we are all used to eating the best of everything. As a result, none of us know what shitty food tastes like. Hope that helps clarify for everyone.

Sure is nice being a geek.