Sign in to follow this  
madd futher mucker

Chris Polk - No longer MIA

I've been trying to get a clue as to why Polk hasn't been drafted yet. Best I've been able to come up with is a rumor of an undisclosed degenerative medical issue. This is just a rumor.

Sure would like to know what the issue is.

From what I've heard on other boards it's a degenerative hip issue. That could really lessen his chances of getting drafted or even signed after the draft depending on the state of degeneration of the hip. There's always the possibility of having to get a hip replacement. Young adults with hip degeneration are usually advised by doctors to avoid playing impact sports such as football & basketball. If Polk does have hip degeneration he may ultimately have to have a hip replacement. Also if Polk's hip degeneration is confirmed it pretty much could put an end to his NFL career even before it gets started. This is all recent news as I hadn't heard anything until today about it. I knew something was up when after 5 rounds he had not been drafted. He was being ranked as the 4th or 5th RB prospect intially before the draft started. Devastating news for this kid. I hope it's not bad enough that he doesn't even get a chance to play in the NFL. Drafted him a little over a month ago in a survivor league over Pead,Pearce,Turbin and L.James. Terrible thing to happen to such a young talented athlete. I wish him well and hope he gets the chance to achieve his dream of playing football in the NFL.

Degenerative shoulder issue. Still doesn't change my opinion of him, some team will land themselves a potential undrafted free agent stud.

They've been posting on Footballguys that it's a hip issue. For Chris' sake I hope it is a shoulder issue and not the hip. Still, even if it's the shoulder that could still present problems of him getting a shot on an NFL team depending on the severity of the shoulder. Whichever it is,shoulder or hip, I hope it's of a degree that some team will still take a chance on him as he is talented and deserves a shot at playing.

Shoulder. Not hip.

Need your shoulders to play RB.

Near the end of Portis's career he had two bad shoulders and his running declined. He was a tough son of a B though to run with bad shoulders. I'll always respect Portis.

Even if he does have such an issue, I'd prefer to gamble on 4-5 good years out of him than 8-10 out of most of the other guys there in the 7th.

Shoulder. Not hip.

Need your shoulders to play RB.

Near the end of Portis's career he had two bad shoulders and his running declined. He was a tough son of a B though to run with bad shoulders. I'll always respect Portis.

Portis aged very well for his position.

Degenerative shoulder issue. Still doesn't change my opinion of him, some team will land themselves a potential undrafted free agent stud.

Isn't that what Sidney Rice has been dealing with?

Polk was signed tonight by Philadelphia Eagles as an UDFA.

Even if there is a hip/shoulder issue, nice flier pickup by the Eagles.

Sorry, was reading hip issues on FBG's but it's probably better for Polk that it's a shoulder issue. They can work a little better with that than the hip. Yeah, the Eagles got a good back and I'm sure they'll be cautious with him. I hope the kid does well for himself.