Sign in to follow this  
kolp

Tannehill is the only QB on my Roster heading into week 1...

Tell me it will be ok. No trades/waiver until week 3 in our league. Focked.

Just get plenty of rest .

You'll be okay. Tannehill is a decent QB.

Tannehill

Murray

Gio

Spiller

DeAngelo

Cruz

Watkins

Tate

Baldwin

Graham

Gronk

Reed

Ertz

Kelce

Saints kicker

Phins D

12 teams, half ppr. 1qb/2rb/2wr/1te/1flex. Flex can be wr/rb/te, so at least I can start 2 of the freaking 5 I drafted... But that puts Spiller on my bench...

I don't even know how it happened. I was drinking obviously, but every time my pick came (had the 1.09 pick) it seemed that the best player on the board was a TE that had slipped a couple rounds, and so you have it.

5 freaking TEs. And Tannehill.

My only hope is that I can trade away a couple of them for an upgrade at qb.

Tannehill

Murray

Gio

Spiller

DeAngelo

Cruz

Watkins

Tate

Baldwin

Graham

Gronk

Reed

Ertz

Kelce

Saints kicker

Phins D

12 teams, half ppr. 1qb/2rb/2wr/1te/1flex. Flex can be wr/rb/te, so at least I can start 2 of the freaking 5 I drafted... But that puts Spiller on my bench...

I don't even know how it happened. I was drinking obviously, but every time my pick came (had the 1.09 pick) it seemed that the best player on the board was a TE that had slipped a couple rounds, and so you have it.

You should trade Gronk after his first good healthy game

Tannehill

Murray

Gio

Spiller

DeAngelo

Cruz

Watkins

Tate

Baldwin

Graham

Gronk

Reed

Ertz

Kelce

Saints kicker

Phins D

Lol, that's pretty funny. Your team actually isn't as bad as I would think with drafting 5 TE's especially getting Graham and Gronk.

Tannehill

Murray

Gio

Spiller

DeAngelo

Cruz

Watkins

Tate

Baldwin

Graham

Gronk

Reed

Ertz

Kelce

Saints kicker

Phins D

Ouch. After Murray and Gio it's just a cringe vest. At one point after the first wr I was begging myself to stop looking but couldn't turn away. Then we got to the TE...oh the TE..I rarely ever even draft 2 TE. 5 is simply abusing the concept of best available. Gronk could have been a stud wr or rb instead. Snag a backup like ertz? Ok that's fine. But that's way too many and saying you took the value that fell is not a good excuse. That's the entire point of getting graham, so you don't need to worry about TE.

However...you got 2 good rbs so anything can happen. If Cruz and Tate play well you could have a perfectly fine season. The TE are what killed you tho. It's not that they were the best value, it's that you couldn't identify the value at wr and rb that was on the board during those picks. I'm being a but harsh but it's for your own good. As I said, don't panic, but you will have to drop at least a few of those TE within a couple weeks. Trade whichever one scores a TD in wk1 for any qb u can get that's on someone's bench. Big Ben, Palmer, anyone, and you will actually be in decent shape.

I hear what your saying, and mostly agree that I need to trade for a qb, but idk why you keep suggesting Palmer. In fact, Tannehill was 15th overall, and outscored Palmer in my league last year. He beat out guys like Kaepernick, Palmer, RGIII, Flacco, and was within a point or 2 of guys like Brady, Newton, Foles, and Wilson. I guess what I'm saying is that if I need to offload Gronk for a qb, I'm setting the bar a bit higher than Palmer.

I think Palmer seemed to grasp the O the second half of last season and posted very good stats. The receivers, pass catching back and oline make him a good 2nd QB.

Who is suggesting you trade Gronk for him? Gronk is getting you maybe a Stafford but considering you are in a position of weakness you need to target a Brady, Ryan, etc...

Tannehill

Murray

Gio

Spiller

DeAngelo

Cruz

Watkins

Tate

Baldwin

Graham

Gronk

Reed

Ertz

Kelce

Saints kicker

Phins D

lol

Well, at least Doug Orth thinks Tannehill could have a good year, nice article this morning on the homepage to make me feel a bit better. Hope you're right Doug!

I'm guessing there was an "open Bar" at the draft. Agree with trading Gronk and fast.

byob bub. I brought liquor :(

Well, at least Doug Orth thinks Tannehill could have a good year, nice article this morning on the homepage to make me feel a bit better. Hope you're right Doug!

I'm here to serve...and sometimes to make people feel better about their drafts :P

5 TEs is just too much. I'd trade gronk and drop 2 more or try and unload them onto someone else. At this point you need a flyer rb and a rookie wr with upside. Someone like cooks or Benjamin. Rb you pick up should be someone like Andre Williams or Tolbert who are some good vultures.

1-0 baby! Beat my opponent by 50! Started Tanny, Spiller, Gio, Murry, Golden, Cruz, Graham, Saints kicker and Miami d.

Fantasy is such a crapshoot.

2-0. Crapshoot I tell ya. And I drafted K. Davis in round 11, so that lotto ticket hit.

11-1. Leading in total points. 1st round bye.

I assume you dropped Ertz & Reed. Who did you end up picking up?

Tell me it will be ok. No trades/waiver until week 3 in our league. Focked.

In two 2-QB leagues, Tanny was #3 guy. In one league, he's performing at the same level as my #1 (Brees) and better than my #2 (Cutler). In the other league, he is now my #2 behind Luck after Foles went down. In both leagues, he's #8 on the year. I had him at about 16-18 pre-season. Exceeded that.

No waivers till week 3!??!

Tell us what kind of moves you made. Are you starting both TE every week?

I assume you dropped Ertz & Reed. Who did you end up picking up?

You're correct - dropped Ertz/Reed, traded Gronk for Maclin in week 4. Current team:

Sanchez

Hoyer

D. Murray

CJ Anderson

T. Mason

D. Robinson

Gio

L. Murray

J. Maclin

J. Gordon

G. Tate

R. White

S. Watkins

J. Graham

T. Kelce

Saints K

Miami Def

Just like every year, free agent moves saved my ass. Miami Def really helped for a 5-6 game stretch in the middle of the season when they were going off. I streamed qbs all year - dropped Tanny about 2 months ago for Palmer, then picked up Sanchez when Palmer went down. Qb def my weak spot and will probably be my downfall if I lose in the playoffs. Rest of team is set. Only trade I was able to pull off this season was Gronk for Maclin.

Just like every year, free agent moves saved my ass.

That's just luck!

B)