Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency

Why would they not want do it? They are probably better with Savage starting.

Bingo. Which makes Cleveland all the dumber.

Id imagine browns should suck again and take the usc qb next year. Why tie youself to a bad qb class?

Addition by subtraction. Brock is terrible, a fact the Browns fans will soon be well acquainted with. Romo or cutler would both be massive upgrades.

I haven't really seen him much, but I believe you.

Alshon a1 year deal for 14 million.

Damn, so sick of Philly, NY & Washington.

There's no doubt in my mind that the NFC East is THE most competitive division in the NFL.

The Patriots must really like Stephon Gilmore.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Gilmore’s contract with the Patriots is for five years and $65 million with $40 million guaranteed. :shocking:

This is a ton of money by Patriots standards.

He’s played his first five years in the league with the Bills after being the No. 10 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft out of South Carolina. In his career, Gilmore has 13 interceptions in 52 games.

Gilmore’s signing also is likely connected to Malcolm Butler and it’s worth wondering if Butler was seeking more than the $13 million per year Gilmore is getting.

The Patriots reportedly have been discussing an extension with Butler since last offseason, but haven’t been close to a deal.

Addition by subtraction. Brock is terrible, a fact the Browns fans will soon be well acquainted with. Romo or cutler would both be massive upgrades.

All anyone should have had to know about Osweiler was that he was butt hurt when the Broncos put Manning back in as the starter.

or a D Line that gets Eli on his back :thumbsup:

Not hard.

Also jax has Coughlin. Good man

Cleveland thinking of releasing Brock! ROFLMAO

Brock who?

?

Browns acquired Brock Osweiler, a 2018 second-round pick, and a 2017 sixth-round pick from the Texans in exchange for a 2017 fourth-round pick.

This is a straight salary dump the likes of which we normally only see in the NBA. Essentially, the Texans sent a second-round pick to Cleveland in order to get the Browns to take Osweiler's bloated deal off their hands. With zero cap concerns, the Browns can pay Osweiler the rest of the guaranteed money ($16 million) on his contract, give him a shot to win the starting job, and cut him next offseason with no financial ramifications if (when) it does not work out. With Osweiler off the books, the Texans look set to make a real run at Tony Romo.

It's a great deal for cle. They weren't spending the money anyways, they get off the hook in reaching and doing something dumb for a QB, and they get a 2nd rd for free. They should go after Jimmy G as well and have two free looks at guys who could start for them. Give the #12 and the 2rd they just got with Oz

Ok wait, so the Texans gave them Osweiler and a second round pick. I thought the brown PAID a second rounder for him. That's actually a nice deal for the Browns then, they can even move him and not pay a dime.

Ok wait, so the Texans gave them Osweiler and a second round pick. I thought the brown PAID a second rounder for him. That's actually a nice deal for the Browns then, they can even move him and not pay a dime.

yes.

people are dumb

There's no doubt in my mind that the NFC East is THE most competitive division in the NFL.

Competitive slaptarding

Me too. Changes things then.

Cleveland thinking of releasing Brock! ROFLMAO

Adam Schefter reports teams are already reaching out to the Browns about Brock Osweiler.

This sounds like the Browns leaking a report in an attempt to drum up some interest, but it shows the focus of their trade was not the quarterback. The Browns essentially spent cap space to acquire a second-round pick, and, if this report is true, they might end up not even having to pay. The trade was a great one for Cleveland.

Competitive slaptarding

:lol:

• Like 1

I'm gonna go against the grain and say the Brown's know exactly what they're doing here. I think this off season is/will be a sign that Paul "Moneyball" DePodesta is starting to have greater influence on this franchise. He spent his 1st year getting his feet now he's ready to impose his will on the Browns and the NFL. The Brownies will be a playoff team in 2 years.

This is a new record for the Browns. They've ruined a QBs career before he even played a down for them.

• Like 1

Jon Ryan‏ @JonRyan9

It's been an honor to hold your balls for the last 6 years @StevenHauschka. Good luck in Buffalo unless you play us then I hope you suck.

:lol:

This is a new record for the Browns. They've ruined a QBs career before he even played a down for them.

:first:

If you are a major player in FA it pretty much means you suck.

The pats are the outlier since they get guys to take pay cuts and seem the best with the cap. Also brady taking less helps a ton.

If you are a major player in FA it pretty much means you suck.

The pats are the outlier since they get guys to take pay cuts and seem the best with the cap. Also brady taking less helps a ton.

The incoming windfall of draft picks for Garropalo is going to help as well. If they get Cooks you can pencil in another SB appearance.

I actually like the trade for the Browns: They got an extra pick and flipped a 4th to a 2nd just for taking on Brock's salary for a year. The cap space means nothing to them. They basically just bought a better pick.

Brandon Marshalls contract numbers: 2 years, 11 million, 2 million guaranteed. Steal. Best signing so far.

I actually like the trade for the Browns: They got an extra pick and flipped a 4th to a 2nd just for taking on Brock's salary for a year. The cap space means nothing to them. They basically just bought a better pick.

Agreed, it's a Hinkie move

The incoming windfall of draft picks for Garropalo is going to help as well. If they get Cooks you can pencil in another SB appearance.

Mitchell Floyd Edelman Dola, Gronk Allen, Lewis White... they don't need cooks I'd rather they put the resources on D

Mitchell Floyd Edelman Dola, Gronk Allen, Lewis White... they don't need cooks I'd rather they put the resources on D

That's just a list of players. Cooks would immediately be the best wr on the team with Edelman. Those other non TE are all awful.

That's just a list of players. Cooks would immediately be the best wr on the team with Edelman. Those other non TE are all awful.

Hogan seems to be pretty serviceable. But Cooks is a definitely upgrade from Mitchell.

Dang.....looks like Cousins is staying in Washington.

Whitworth to the Rams- 36 for 3. Nice to see the new regime is clueless as wel. Kenny Britt to the Browns. Another Cleveland brown move.

giants should have been all over whitworth

Agreed, it's a Hinkie move

now if only the browns could draft

how much is a Whitworth?

Are you kidding me? For that kind of scratch? No thanks.

Are you kidding me? For that kind of scratch? No thanks.

everything about the giants is win now. whitworth at LT, move scrubby Flowers to RT. keep Eli upright and with time to throw to ODB and Marshall and get Perkins some running lanes. Don't waste the window the defense has left.

everything about the giants is win now. whitworth at LT, move scrubby Flowers to RT. keep Eli upright and with time to throw to ODB and Marshall and get Perkins some running lanes. Don't waste the window the defense has left.

I don't think the defense has anyone of significance over 28 years old. JPP is the old man there, with 6 years in. The Giants couldn't have matched what LA (stupidly) gave him. Will have to get a second tier tackle when the smoke clears. A trade could be made as well, many Joe Thomas rumors over the past year or so.

Alshon a1 year deal for 14 million.

I was all set to hate this deal until I saw it's for one year. No risk and the Eagles just improve one of if not the worst wr corps in football. I especially like it because it allows the Eagles to pretty much go BPA in the draft.

Panthers

Lost Ted Ginn Jr. to Saints. His only years worth a damn were in Carolina. Another player that chooses money over "fit".

Added OT Khalil to team up with his brother. Big time signing.

I hope Panthers sign both ex players Julius Peppers and Captain Munnerlyn tomorrow. Obviously if the price is right for where they are at in their careers. They were fan favorites and it's good to have veteran presence.

Then kill the draft.

No. 8 Pick - Fourenette, J.Allen or Solomon Thomas. Then BPA focusing on WR, OL and DB