Sign in to follow this  
hdaddy

Insurance Geeks

Any of you have any insurance designations? Been considering CPCU, ARM, CIC, etc...

Looks like I'm stuck in the industry and figure I should have as many initials after my name as possible.

Any of you have any insurance designations? Been considering CPCU, ARM, CIC, etc...

Looks like I'm stuck in the industry and figure I should have as many initials after my name as possible.

CPCU...Can't Produce Can't Underwrite

CIC...Certified Insurance Clown

What do you do in the business? Sales, actuary, underwriting, adjusting, coffee fetcher?

What do you do in the business? Sales, actuary, underwriting, adjusting, coffee fetcher?

CDS Manager

Corporate D1ck Sucker

ACA and PCA

Indepent working mostly property and some liability claims.

I also like golf, making bread, and long walks on the beach.

ACA and PCA

Indepent working mostly property and some liability claims.

I also like golf, making bread, and long walks on the beach.

:wub:

:wub:

You work for the big boys? I thought you did mostly adjuster work.

You work for the big boys? I thought you did mostly adjuster work.

No, I own and operate an independent insurance agency in NW Minny. We sell a shitload of crop and farm insurance along with all the personal lines and small commercial. Sell some life and health too.

Adjusters are a pain in my ass. :mad:

:D

No, I own and operate an independent insurance agency in NW Minny. We sell a shitload of crop and farm insurance along with all the personal lines and small commercial. Sell some life and health too.

Adjusters are a pain in my ass. :mad:

:D

You act like an adjuster. :cheers:

Independent agent in South Florida. P&C to higher end clientele. It pays the bills...

Agency I work for specializes in med mal for oral surgeons so we get a lot of their business policies and personal stuff.

Independent agent in South Florida. P&C to higher end clientele. It pays the bills...

Agency I work for specializes in med mal for oral surgeons so we get a lot of their business policies and personal stuff.

In that case I would suggest getting the designations. I had my CIC but let it lapse as up here it didn't impress anyone. Working with clients like that it prolly will so it would be worth your time and effort. BTW the classes are boring as hell and the test are all essay. They're not that hard but it does take time. Good luck. After 20+ years in the business, I'm getting burned out but like you said...it pays the bills. :thumbsup:

In that case I would suggest getting the designations. I had my CIC but let it lapse as up here it didn't impress anyone. Working with clients like that it prolly will so it would be worth your time and effort. BTW the classes are boring as hell and the test are all essay. They're not that hard but it does take time. Good luck. After 20+ years in the business, I'm getting burned out but like you said...it pays the bills. :thumbsup:

11 years in the business and been running on fumes. Attempted to get out earlier this year but getting in law enforcement, even with a criminal justice degree, is tough. LE agencies are all looking for candidates already certified or transferring. So I might as well continue on the path I'm already on. I'm figuring I'll get some designations and take my shot at a masters degree and see where I can go from there. Any thoughts on CPIA? Seems real easy...three seminars and that's it.

There are worse industries in which to be stuck. Although, the frontline is more insulated from tough economic times than is the sales force.

At any rate, I have the HCRI (Haag Certified Roof Inspector) as well as having Applied Structural Drying (ASD) and Applied Microbial Remediation (AMRT) through the IICRC.

If you want to go with something more academic than applied, the AIC is a good goal and the CPCU is very lofty. Through the AICPCU you can earn any number of industry certifications by self study.