Sign in to follow this  
redsrback

Mike Davis

Its early but going by RB projections i count 9 RBs you MIGHT take before a WR. I have no strategy and have not looked into things yet so keep this in mind. Everyone will need to fill a RB position in most cases. Getting someone who will be used a lot will be key to having a more rounded line-up. From there it becomes a crapshoot of backs who may only get 10-15 carries a game. The multitude of WRS at your disposal will mean possibly passing up on some elites with history, but you can still land some that have great potential. As of right now it makes more sense to me if I could get 2 of the 9 RBs in the first 2 rounds I think it makes more sense from a offensive and a blocking other teams . Only thing from there is the decision of Kelce or Gronk before a WR which is based on how the draft goes for what is available.

Its early but going by RB projections i count 9 RBs you MIGHT take before a WR. I have no strategy and have not looked into things yet so keep this in mind. Everyone will need to fill a RB position in most cases. Getting someone who will be used a lot will be key to having a more rounded line-up. From there it becomes a crapshoot of backs who may only get 10-15 carries a game. The multitude of WRS at your disposal will mean possibly passing up on some elites with history, but you can still land some that have great potential. As of right now it makes more sense to me if I could get 2 of the 9 RBs in the first 2 rounds I think it makes more sense from a offensive and a blocking other teams . Only thing from there is the decision of Kelce or Gronk before a WR which is based on how the draft goes for what is available.

I was just in an inaugural draft of a new dynasty league. The last draft I had was a redraft and, as expected, it was a very heavy first three rounds of RB's flying off the board. Times may be changing a bit though as in the dynasty draft, where it never follows the same pattern as a redraft, followed the same pattern. By the end of round 3, RB's projected to go in the 5th round were off the board. Ten RB's went in round 1 and it's a 12 team ppr league. Some owner grabbed running backs with their first 3 picks and nearly everyone took 3 RB's by the end of round 5. I went against the grain in this draft and took a RB in round 1, but couldn't pass up the value at WR the next couple rounds and ended up with a superstar receiving corps. I still managed to get some RB's later who I think people are sleeping on in 2018. You won't find them though in the top 40 RB rankings, and it seems as if everyone in the draft was using the same cheat sheets because it followed one websites dynasty cheat sheet almost to letter. Only one huge shock in the entire draft in my opinion and that was D. Watson going in the middle of round 2. Wow. For the record, no other QB, even Aaron Rodgers & Carson Wentz, were taken before the start of round 5.

I was wondering the same.

I read it twice. Thinking I somehow screwed it up the first time.