Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 3 & 4 Commentary - August 10-Team PPR Mock **

I'm hoping Ingram can continue to be a factor in the passing game after his emergence last season. If so he'll be a rock solid, low variance RB.

Mike Evans is one of those guys that is making the 1-4 picks look really good this year. Being able to pair an elite WR such as AB/OBJ/Julio with a guy like that is just insane.

3.02 WR Mike Evans, TBB

I thought RB, but not excited about the ones who's ADP is around 3.02, so went with another WR.

Evans can score TDs and hopefully can revert back to 2014 form. His QB is one year better and he is the #1 option in Tampa Bay.

With J Jones, Nelson and Evans I have what I believe are 3 excellent receivers and for a PPR league, and shouldl perform!

3.02 WR Mike Evans, TBB

I thought RB, but not excited about the ones who's ADP is around 3.02, so went with another WR.

Evans can score TDs and hopefully can revert back to 2014 form. His QB is one year better and he is the #1 option in Tampa Bay.

With J Jones, Nelson and Evans I have what I believe are 3 excellent receivers and for a PPR league, and shouldl perform!

No bragging allowed on here. :nono:

This is my first mock and I have to say it's been more fun than I expected. I feel like I should throw something on the grill, whip up a few potato skins, or run out to the store for a fancy cheesecake to further recreate the feeling of having a Draft Day experience.

This is my first mock and I have to say it's been more fun than I expected. I feel like I should throw something on the grill, whip up a few potato skins, or run out to the store for a fancy cheesecake BEER to further recreate the feeling of having a Draft Day experience.

fixed

• Like 1

Draft has really slowed down now...............

It will happen. The July mock got painfully slow a few times.

Draft has really slowed down now...............

I know. It feels like ages until my pick :wall:

I'm coming up soon and didn't want to leave beforehand and slow everyone else down. But I hate waiting at this PC all the same here.

You all know as soon as you decide to do something there will be like 6 picks made in 15 minutes and then the draft will be waiting on you. I feel like it happens every time.

Well there were some excellent picks made ahead of mine. I felt like McCoy is the last RB left that's not in RBBC, is the GL back, and has job security. He's still in the prime of his career as well.

A little early for him perhaps but no way he's coming back around my way. Therefore I pounced. :music_guitarred:

A rebound for Andrew Luck is one of my favorite themes for 2016. I can't think of a more blue chip way to invest in that than Hilton.

I'll purchase a hundred shares of HLT at #25. (in real life, the actual HLT is trading at 23 3/8 this afternoon)

Looks like I'll have DT in both of my mock drafts but very different looking teams. He'll be my WR1 in this league yet was my WR3 in the July mock. His QB situation drops him a lot but there's no denying his talent which is top 10. He was the best available WR for me.

Trying to find value at RB earlier in the draft rather than the middle rounds. Lacy is a prime candidate to outperform his current ADP, particularly if Jordy is healthy. The selection of Zeke also slightly forced my hand here as I want to make sure I cover my bases at RB given the uncertainty of drafting a rookie that high.

Trying to find value at RB earlier in the draft rather than the middle rounds. Lacy is a prime candidate to outperform his current ADP, particularly if Jordy is healthy. The selection of Zeke also slightly forced my hand here as I want to make sure I cover my bases at RB given the uncertainty of drafting a rookie that high.

Dammit. I was hoping y'all forgot about him. Was waiting for my turn to come so I could snatch him up

Cooper or Lacy didn't make it. I still have Cooks ranked right there with them. I was debating Cooper at 2.02 if I didn't take Dez. Still Cooper has a pretty tough division.

Cobb is excellent value right here for you. If Cooks were gone also I would probably grab Cobb. He has top 10 potential.

Rounds 3 and 4 have some major meat and potatoes this year, even in 12 teamers. There's a lot of guys that have top-10 or even top-5 potential sitting in there.

Zero RB seems to be all the rage this year, but I'm going to try a different strategy. Get myself a stud WR early and then scoop up the value at running back. I'm surprisingly not disappointed with these guys as my first four. Granted there's no flex, but given the volatility at RB, I have a nice stable of guys, all of whom have different bye weeks as well

A.J. Green

Zeke

Lacy

Muscle Hamster

• Like 1

surprised you didn't go Watkins instead of Maclin...

surprised you didn't go Watkins instead of Maclin...

I have Maclin ahead of Watkins so I went with the better WR on the better team. There are very close though.

Two things that scare me about Watkins, his foot and his QB situation.

Decker led the NFL in red zone targets last year and checks in at #8 on the FFToday WR consistency rankings. According to the commonly used ADP sites, that was a bit of a reach on my part but when compared to the July Mock, it's close to being in line.

Golden Tate has all the looks of being a WR who can achieve 100 catches this year. He was a beast when Calvin Johnson struggled with injuries and produced WR1 numbers in his absence. Stafford has a strong connection with him and I expect the Lions to continue to throw the ball like crazy, be in shoot-outs due to a sub-average run game and a average DEF at best.

Sign me up.

David Johnson, Keenan Allen, LeSean McCoy and Golden Tate? Feeling pretty good right now.

Great selections on the following:

Hyde-okay value........ it's just that I wanted him.

Martin-Great value in the early 4th. I can't believe you got him here!

Watkins-I would have taken him as my WR4 if he had dropped!

This is an excellent mock so far. It feels like a 12-man mock to me because of all the superb selections.

I feel like I'm fighting to get good value which is a good thing!

Great selections on the following:

Hyde-okay value........ it's just that I wanted him.

Martin-Great value in the early 4th. I can't believe you got him here!

Watkins-I would have taken him as my WR4 if he had dropped!

I feel like I have to reach for my guys a bit at the end of the draft. I think Hyde would have fallen to me if I had an earlier pick. That's how I always feel drafting the last 3 slots.

Going by his name, he may be comatose right now.

Maybe Mike can contact him? I'm having a good time right now but it's a downer to stare at a computer screen just waiting.

If no activity picks up soon, I may logoff for a while.

Okay heck, while we wait...what owner's team do you like besides your own as of this moment?

I wish we had the owners names with all the players compiled underneath to take a make looking at everyone's team easy right now.

Okay heck, while we wait...what owner's team do you like besides your own as of this moment?

I wish we had the owners names with all the players compiled underneath to take a make looking at everyone's team easy right now.

We can do that. We had a thread for that in the July Mock.