Sign in to follow this  
JtmoneyJag

First money league draft! Yes, it has begun!

Standard scoring (some bonuses, but nothing huge), non ppr, 12 teams.

Dead middle in the draft. Two things that didn't go as planned. I wanted to wait on TE and get QB in the 5th-7th, but value had me do other things.

QB: Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer

RB: Chris Johnson, Darren Sproles, Peyton Hillis, C.J. Spiller, David Wilson, Jacquizz Rodgers, Mikel Leshoure

WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Desean Jackson, Denarius Moore

TE: Jimmy Graham

Initial starting league line up - Format 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex RB/WR, K, D

QB: Josh Freeman

RB: Chris Johnson

RB: Darren Sproles

RB/WR: Peyton Hillis

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Dez Bryant

WR: Desean Jackson

TE: Jimmy Graham

How it unfolded:

1.6 - Chris Johnson

2.6 - Jimmy Graham (didn't want to go TE that early, but seemed like no brainer)

3.6 - Julio Jones

4.6 - Darren Sproles

5.6 - Dez Bryant

6.6 - Desean Jackson

7.6 - Denarius Moore (maybe my only reach)

8.6 - Peyton Hillis (when I made Moore pick, I was kicking myself for not taking Hillis, but got lucky)

9.6 - Josh Freeman (wow, did not plan on being this weak at QB, but Freeman has upside this year)

10.6 - C.J. Spiller

12.6 - Carson Palmer (idp league so picked J.P.P. at 11, but don't care to post idp)

13.6 - David Wilson

14.6 - Jacquizz Rodgers

15.6 - Mikel Leshoure

My thoughts:

Really think I got good to great value all throughout the draft. I wasn't targeting either Dez or Desean, but was surprised to see both of them there especially in a possible 4 starting WR league. I know I'm weak at QB and could use 1 more WR. I feel like I'm going to hit big on one of my back up RB's, with high chance on Hillis and Spiller. Anyways, let me know thoughts and be critical. I try to be detailed so you can get my point of view on the draft and also allows you to tell me if my thinking is off. Thanks!

Not a fan of Sproles in non-PPR leagues (unless you get return yardage points). Spiller was a steal in the 10th, by the end of the season he should be your RB2. Wilson and Rodgers are just taking up space on your roster , so I'd look for another WR in place of one or both of these two. I'd start working on a plan at QB right away also.

Not a fan of Sproles in non-PPR leagues (unless you get return yardage points). Spiller was a steal in the 10th, by the end of the season he should be your RB2. Wilson and Rodgers are just taking up space on your roster , so I'd look for another WR in place of one or both of these two. I'd start working on a plan at QB right away also.

First, appreciate your critical thoughts. Everyone drafts different, but my main focus is always on value. I like to say my picks aren't made by me, they are decided by what my opponents do. Anyways, with that out of the way, how do I not take Sproles at the 42nd pick? Even non ppr, he is going at the worst in 3rd round. Generally he is being over drafted in non ppr, but 42nd and you don't like the pick? He is easily a RB2 this year and I was able to get a legitimate RB2 even after taking Jimmy Graham which was my biggest worry getting a TE that high. Maybe I'm crazy.

I do agree with you that I may need to pick up a waiver wire WR. I probably should have 5, but I'm the 2nd pick on waiver so I'm going to wait until the season starts and plays out a little. Also, I think at some point I'll be able to trade for Matt Ryan. The owner drafted I believe Tom Brady so he won't need Ryan and I anticipate one of my RB's hitting so he'll be thin there.

I like Wilson and Leshoure as sleepers. Since you don't know which sleeper will hit, you take a bunch. I'll hit on one of those guys, spiller most likely, and possibly one more.

Agree on QB. hopefully I'm right on Freeman. I thinkhge will be come back player of the year and top 12 QB. We'll see.

First, appreciate your critical thoughts. Everyone drafts different, but my main focus is always on value. I like to say my picks aren't made by me, they are decided by what my opponents do. Anyways, with that out of the way, how do I not take Sproles at the 42nd pick? Even non ppr, he is going at the worst in 3rd round. Generally he is being over drafted in non ppr, but 42nd and you don't like the pick? He is easily a RB2 this year and I was able to get a legitimate RB2 even after taking Jimmy Graham which was my biggest worry getting a TE that high. Maybe I'm crazy.

I do agree with you that I may need to pick up a waiver wire WR. I probably should have 5, but I'm the 2nd pick on waiver so I'm going to wait until the season starts and plays out a little. Also, I think at some point I'll be able to trade for Matt Ryan. The owner drafted I believe Tom Brady so he won't need Ryan and I anticipate one of my RB's hitting so he'll be thin there.

I like Wilson and Leshoure as sleepers. Since you don't know which sleeper will hit, you take a bunch. I'll hit on one of those guys, spiller most likely, and possibly one more.

Agree on QB. hopefully I'm right on Freeman. I thinkhge will be come back player of the year and top 12 QB. We'll see.

I agree with you on the Sproles value / draft position. I just personally like my starting RB's to get more than 10-11 touches per game.

I agree with you on the Sproles value / draft position. I just personally like my starting RB's to get more than 10-11 touches per game.

I do to, but points are points and he is pretty much a receiver who gets rushing attempts. Also, didn't mention we get 1 point per every 50 returns yards so though that isn't a ton, will help maybe 1 or 2 points extra on many games.

I really need CJ to be more consistent this year. His first preseason game definitely didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy and may have taken DMC if ibhad to do it all over again. At least I have some potential with my bench RB's.