Sign in to follow this  
edjr

BON JOVI to join R&R HOF - JUDAS PRIEST fails to make the cut

I believe the "world" after the album title in your stats means Worldwide sales?

AH YES.. you are correct SIR!

He's saying Def Leppard does and they aren't in.

They should be 100%. they are slightly less gay than Bon Jovi

They should be 100%. they are slightly less gay than Bon Jovi

Dude, they are significantly less gay than Bon Jovi :mad:

Dude, they are significantly less gay than Bon Jovi :mad:

I like them both. Got Cack?

HOF has stained class for excluding Priest. The members that voted against them should kill themselves.

<do it> <do it> <do it>

Edit: should've typed that as <ti od> <ti od> <ti od>

HOF has stained class for excluding Priest. The members that voted against them should kill themselves.

<do it> <do it> <do it>

Right? Especially since Rob Hallford was the belle of some parade a few years back.

Those that know music well were fully expecting this organization to make Radiohead the sole entry, thus giving us an entire night to honor them and them alone. In not doing so, this Hall of Fame has declared itself a Hall of Lame.

Those that know music well were fully expecting this organization to make Radiohead the sole entry, thus giving us an entire night to honor them and them alone. In not doing so, this Hall of Fame has declared itself a Hall of Lame.

Forgot Radiohead was a nominee. Just absurd they don't get in right away. Thinking more about Dire Straits..no way they should be in. Handful of good songs, not influencial at all. If they toured today, it would be as an opener.

Who's radiohead? Wait, now I remember, they're the ones that suck, right?

I woulda liked to have an electric eye in that room when the vote was taken

:thumbsup: Love The Hellion / Electric Eye.

You posted this...it's likely wrong

Bon Jovi deserves to be in. Haters gonna hate.

Dead or Alive rules!

They're on a Katy Perry song, they must suck

Bon Jovi deserves to be in. Haters gonna hate.

Dead or Alive rules!

Richie Sambora is wildly underrated as a lead guitarist.

Richie and John wrote the song together.

Songs written or co-written by Richie Sambora
All About Lovin' You
All I Want Is Everything (Bon Jovi song)
Bad Medicine (song)
Ballad of Youth
Because We Can
Blood on Blood
Born to Be My Baby
Bounce (Bon Jovi song)
Brokenpromiseland
Bullet (Bon Jovi song)
The Distance (Bon Jovi song)
Edge of a Broken Heart
Everyday (Bon Jovi song)
Fast Cars (Bon Jovi song)
Happy Now (Bon Jovi song)
The Hardest Part Is the Night
Have a Nice Day (Bon Jovi song)
Hey God
I Love This Town
I'll Be There for You (Bon Jovi song)
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (Bon Jovi song)
In These Arms
It's My Life (Bon Jovi song)
Keep the Faith (Bon Jovi song)
Lay Your Hands on Me
Learn to Love (Bon Jovi song)
Lie to Me (Bon Jovi song)
Live Before You Die
Livin' on a Prayer
Lost Highway (Bon Jovi song)
Love's the Only Rule
Misunderstood (Bon Jovi song)
Never Say Goodbye (Bon Jovi song)
No Apologies (Bon Jovi song)
Notorious (Loverboy song)
One Light Burning
One Wild Night
Raise Your Hands (song)
Something for the Pain
Summertime (Bon Jovi song)
Superman Tonight
These Days (Bon Jovi song)
This Ain't a Love Song
This Is Our House
Thorn in My Side (Bon Jovi song)
Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore
Wanted Dead or Alive (Bon Jovi song)
We All Sleep Alone
We Weren't Born to Follow
Welcome to Wherever You Are (song)
What Do You Got?
Who Says You Can't Go Home
Work for the Working Man
You Give Love a Bad Name
(You Want To) Make a Memory

Forgot Radiohead was a nominee. Just absurd they don't get in right away. Thinking more about Dire Straits..no way they should be in. Handful of good songs, not influencial at all. If they toured today, it would be as an opener.

When it comes to music and movies I respect all others subjectivity.Personally I agree with the Radiohead comments and strongly disagree with the Dire Straits comment,thought you guys might enjoy the following from someone who "knows music well."

The following is an excerpt from music columnist Geoff Hanson which not only agrees with your Radiohead takes but also gives a strong case for Dire Straits.

Radiohead is being nominated for the first-time ever. Given Radiohead’s influence on an entire generation of musicians, its induction is pretty much a lock this year.

Beyond the band’s commercial success, Dire Straits’ music is some of the most sublime rock ’n’ roll music of all time. On the rocking side, think “Sultans of Swing” (1978), “Tunnel Of Love” (1980) and “Espresso Love” (1980). But it is in the sublime slow-groove space where Dire Straits really made its mark. Take a walk down melody lane with Dire Straits and you encounter “Water of Love” (1978), “Wild West End” (1978), “Once Upon A Time In The West” (1979), “Romeo and Juliet” (1980), “Telegraph Road” (1982) and “So Far Away” (1985) Those are just a few of the buttery songs in the band’s repertoire.

Perhaps the fact that none of those slow-groove songs were chart-toppers is what has kept Dire Straits out of the hall. “Sultans of Swing” cracked the Top 10 and “Money For Nothing” was the band’s only No. 1 song.

Dire Straits was never driven by commercial success. The first track on the band’s 1978 eponymous debut is “Down to the Waterline,” despite the fact they had “Sultans of Swing” as an option. Kicking off the record with that song was an obvious choice (it is a Top 20 song in rock ’n’ roll history for me, with the best guitar solo on classic rock radio), but they chose to open the album with a much more layered and textured song in “Down to the Waterline.” They were basically making a statement: “We’re not a straight-ahead rock ’n’ roll band. There’s something more to what we’re trying to do.” And more they did. It’s about time the hall recognizes Dire Straits.

http://www.telluridenews.com/the_watch/watch_listen_show/article_fe56e798-b4dc-11e7-9b1d-a70b8b259b64.html

When it comes to music and movies I respect all others subjectivity.Personally I agree with the Radiohead comments and strongly disagree with the Dire Straits comment,thought you guys might enjoy the following from someone who "knows music well."

The following is an excerpt from music columnist Geoff Hanson which not only agrees with your Radiohead takes but also gives a strong case for Dire Straits.

Radiohead is being nominated for the first-time ever. Given Radiohead’s influence on an entire generation of musicians, its induction is pretty much a lock this year.

Jokes aside...Radiohead deserved the Pearl Jam treatment. No brainer lock, influenced an entire generation, in the convo for most important band of our generation, and deserving of the last performance of the night (but this is the catch). The catch is....Radiohead members have been mostly polite but also mostly dismissive of the honor of getting in, and they have a concert scheduled already for the night of the show. In other words, they wouldn't have shown up.

And truth be told, this is what I love and what I hate about Radiohead. I love that they've correctly surmised that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame isn't important, I love that they are just going to do what they do and not worry much or at all about the commercial aspects of things, etc. But I also hate that they can't just on occasion give in and have a good time, if for no other reason than it would be a big night for people like me that love seeing our heroes get their shining moment in which others discuss said hero. Best thing I can compare it to is with sports, when Dirk got his title in 2011, I enjoyed reading all the other players in the league and throughout history talk about Dirk. I'll enjoy it again when he retires here in 6 months. It's almost fan service, but we need that now and again.

Also, I have no real problem with the Hall of Fame not putting them in if they don't plan to show up. I'd rather they wait until the band is ready for it, and they seem like the type of guys to warm up to it now that it's on their radar.

• Like 1

:cheers: nzoner. I'm not trying to put them down, just don't think they are Hall of Fame worthy. Most of my favorite bands aren't locks either..modest mouse, Dinosaur Jr., Built to Spill all have a chance, but I would be more surprised if they got in.

This is what finally got Kiss in the HoF, in my opinion.

I am not a Radiohead fan, but I am a fan of Pearl Jam and Rush and I feel all three are in the same category as far as HoF worthiness. The people that love them, love them immensely. The best you get from non-fans is "they are ok, but not my cup of tea" but for the most part the Radiohead, Pearl Jam and Rush fans get mocked for their fandom.

• Like 2

:cheers: nzoner. I'm not trying to put them down, just don't think they are Hall of Fame worthy. Most of my favorite bands aren't locks either..modest mouse, Dinosaur Jr., Built to Spill all have a chance, but I would be more surprised if they got in.

"Handful of good songs"

In my respectful opinion sir you don't know sh!t about good music and great guitar playing :wave:

Merry Christmas :cheers:

Bon Jovi, Judas Priest, and radiohead should all be in. And will be at some point.

I mean hell. In ten years, who the hell will be left to nominate?

Agreed, but get the hell in line behind.....

JETHRO TULL

STYX

KANSAS

BAD CO.

THIN LIZZY

UFO

APRIL WINE

BLUE OYSTER CULT

SWEET

EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER

THE GUESS WHO

GRAND FUNK

URIAH HEEP

DOOBIE BROTHERS

THREE DOG NIGHT

DEVO

PAT BENATAR

DURAN DURAN

PROCOL HARUM

PETER FRAMPTON

THE ZOMBIES

ALAN PARSONS

ROXY MUSIC

NAZARETH

the list goes on......

Dire Straights in over Judas Priest, is another reason the R&R HOF is a joke

Has Iron Maiden even been nominated yet? Talk about a band that is still going strong after all these years. Still putting out new music and selling out large venues world wide.

Money for Nothing stinks. Check these Dino Jr songs out. J has said songs are an excuse for a guitar solo.

http://louderthanwar.com/mascis-cism-the-top-five-j-mascis-solos/

Won't say it sucks but you picked the only #1 song they ever had,it literally got played to death,their catalogue consists of so many greater songs than that.

As for your link,never heard of this band,however,after some listening my thoughts,

We're Not Alone...really like the first couple of minutes after that not so much.

I Don't Wanna Go There-didn't listen to all 8 minutes but liked it better than the first especially at the 2:50 mark that was very nice

Sludgefest-decent riffs but no way I can listen to the vocals,that hurt,great :music_guitarred: ending though

The Wagon-didn't listen to much,sorry but that voice is just not doing it for me.

Get Me-question should I know that voice from another band,damn it sounds familiar.Very nice solo in this one.

Overall really liked the guitar work but a little bit of that voice goes a long way for my tastes.Thanks

Has Iron Maiden even been nominated yet? Talk about a band that is still going strong after all these years. Still putting out new music and selling out large venues world wide.

I put them right behind Priest

BTW Herbivore since you seem to love guitar work as much as I would like your take on these two lesser known Dire Straits songs,if nothing else start at 3:53 on Private Investigations and 5:55 on Tunnel Of Love

Will do. Fwiw..I do like them, but never really listened to their albums. I did like that first song that you posted. Have known about Knopflers skills for a long time. He's got himself a quirky voice as well.

"Look at them yO-yO's, that's the way ya do it"

BTW Herbivore since you seem to love guitar work as much as I would like your take on these two lesser known Dire Straits songs,if nothing else start at 3:53 on Private Investigations and 5:55 on Tunnel Of Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-HCrKa1gbw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLV75mp2_g8

Great guitar all over, he is excellent. The first song is unlistenable to me though. Tunnel of Love was quite good, and the pick up at 5:55 was great. Ladywriter is a great song, love the riff after "just the way that the hair fell down around her face", outro is killer.

• Like 1

I've been watching the R&R HoF on HBO and loving every second of it.

• Like 1

I've been watching the R&R HoF on HBO and loving every second of it.

Nice....I'll watch in a couple weeks. I did see a couple clip though.