Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

Well this is bittersweet....

I am no longer with the hotel in Napa. I have been there for a little more than 3 1/2 years with the past 2+ being pretty brutal. Decent last paycheck (60 pto hours), plus a little severance. Not looking forward to the search, but know i had to leave and will be better off in the future. I will be nice not to have to think about them again (many after hours calls and emails).

:cheers:

• Like 1

Good luck.

FYI Fox News is looking for a new show.

:lol:

I am no longer with the hotel in Napa. I have been there for a little more than 3 1/2 years with the past 2+ being pretty brutal. Decent last paycheck (60 pto hours), plus a little severance. Not looking forward to the search, but know i had to leave and will be better off in the future. I will be nice not to have to think about them again (many after hours calls and emails).

What hotel? Love NAPA

Holiday inn Express is always looking for night auditors

I think with your chef skills you should start a food truck that serves grilled cheese. They are cheap to produce and would be pure profit.

Many feelers are out. A few years back I created a personal chef business which i can always fall back on. Toughest part of F&B are the hours with a family. trying to find a 9-5. may get into food or beverage sales

God dammit that sucks.

That means youll be here more. Fock.

:)

• Like 1

should have seen the writing on the wall when they took out the vibrating beds.

Good luck. You'll do well. Its tourist season.

• Like 1

Sorry bro.. you'll find something man.

i am actually pretty happy. it was a mutual parting of ways. while i am very good at maintaining my professionalism, i am certain that my displeasure may have cracked through the facade now and then.

Why'd they fire you?

Anybody else think this was gonna be some pretentiously fruity chocolate recipe?

Anybody else think this was gonna be some pretentiously fruity chocolate recipe?

want one? :D

On a serious note, good luck.

food trucks are still very popular, and there was a little trend for grilled cheese restaurants. i love good sammiches and could put together some nice GC.

food trucks are still very popular, and there was a little trend for grilled cheese restaurants. i love good sammiches and could put together some nice GC.

I always thought a baked potato truck would do well. Has the "healthy" feel, with lots of tasty toppings if one chooses. Have the toppings in crocks and potatoes baked on site with the smell pumping. I though this would do wel, at fairs and festivals too.

I always thought a baked potato truck would do well. Has the "healthy" feel, with lots of tasty toppings if one chooses. Have the toppings in crocks and potatoes baked on site with the smell pumping. I though this would do wel, at fairs and festivals too.

I think that could work in cooler climates.

Salt- usually Morton's or crystal kosher salt. Every once in a while I will use a pink, black or grey to finish a steak

I got food alcohol poisoning there 3 years ago. :mad:

Alsonotreally. Good luck man.

very possible ;)

• Like 1

It was a reference to a GiantsFan business idea... anyway, sorry to hear that your job got you to a place where you are fine being let go. I've been there; it sucks and yet is liberating. Good luck!

• Like 1

I think that could work in cooler climates.

Salt- usually Morton's or crystal kosher salt. Every once in a while I will use a pink, black or grey to finish a steak

I'm in PA. :(

• Like 1

should have seen the writing on the wall when they took out the vibrating beds.

Good luck. You'll do well. Its tourist season.

• Like 1

Do you have a LinkedIn account? If not create one. Invite me and everyone you've ever met. The power of LinkedIn is in the second level contact; not who you know, but who your contacts know. I know the owner of a winery up there for instance, at least he owned it a few years ago. :cheers:

• Like 1

Do you have a LinkedIn account? If not create one. Invite me and everyone you've ever met. The power of LinkedIn is in the second level contact; not who you know, but who your contacts know. I know the owner of a winery up there for instance, at leastehelp​ owned it a few years ago. :cheers:

I am on there

Best of luck man, you're one of the good ones.

You'll land on your feet and be better off.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

I think with your chef skills you should start a food truck that serves grilled cheese. They are cheap to produce and would be pure profit.

Bier meister is Giants Fan?
  • Like 1

Any chance you'll open your own joint?

Any chance you'll open your own joint?

i think about it, but know what goes into it. once we get our daughter into college, we might find a tropical spot and open a tiki bar

i think about it, but know what goes into it. once we get our daughter into college, we might find a tropical spot and open a tiki bar

Best of luck either way

• Like 1

hmmmm maybe i'll write a cookbook

It was a reference to a GiantsFan business idea... anyway, sorry to hear that your job got you to a place where you are fine being let go. I've been there; it sucks and yet is liberating. Good luck!

missed the GF reference. i guess i could do a ginos pizza roll truck. i went in to discuss my departure and we agreed on final day. I have not been happy there for a while. In my exit interview I offered advice regarding what to expect from the position. I am in a good place, just need to figure our what is next.

Yesterday I was contacted by a colleague from my previous hotel who just was hired at another resort. They are looking for a F&B Purchaser to build a department. This one has me more excited than my previous....smaller, boutique hotel with a bigger name. Salary would be the equivalent of a 30% raise . Commute doubled from 30 to 55 min.

Just had another informal phone interview with their F&B Director. They are comfortable with the salary I was asking for. I have an interview on Monday with HR, F&B Director, Exec Chef, and GM. I am pretty excited about this....

https://aubergedusoleil.aubergeresorts.com/

• Like 1