Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Library @ Utah university has a "Safe Space Cry Closet" (this is real)

im starting to think this stuff is awesome. im joining in instead of getting mad about it. i walked into fed tax audit last month and asked where the safe space was because this is all stressing me out. the auditor said "he" and "she" a couple times too and i said please don't use gender specific pronouns. he asked me about some deductions i took and i said they were for my safe space at the office where i need to have anything that soothes peoples feelings... and also the unisex bathroom we are converting.

"University" didn't install it. From the comments:

a point of clarification: this was designed and built by a student and cost nothing to the student body or the school, so for everyone bitching about the use of school funds, pls rest easy

"University" didn't install it. From the comments:

so the university library is against it and took it down?

what school would allow this if they weren't okay with it?

Think it was built off campus and snuck in?

semantics, really.

so the university library is against it and took it down?

what school would allow this if they weren't okay with it?

Think it was built off campus and snuck in?

My guess is the school doesn't care one way or the other. Student proposed it and the University didn't see any harm in it so they allowed it. That's a lot different than suggesting the University had any involvement or is pushing this particular snowflake project.

im starting to think this stuff is awesome. im joining in instead of getting mad about it. i walked into fed tax audit last month and asked where the safe space was because this is all stressing me out. the auditor said "he" and "she" a couple times and i said please don't use gender specific pronouns.

You may be onto something. Why fight it at this point?

My guess is the school doesn't care one way or the other. Student proposed it and the University didn't see any harm in it so they allowed it. That's a lot different than suggesting the University had any involvement or is pushing this particular snowflake project.

Headline changed. kindly GFY

. kindly GFY

If I could do that I'd never leave the house.

If I could do that I'd never leave the house.

like HT/RP?

Headline changed. kindly GFY

:lol:

Would die from happiness if in about a month someone went in there with a blacklight.

Oh please

if anytime I ever see a safe space, I am going to go into and make it an anger space, Ill start yelling and screaming like a lunatic, and then when someone asks me, I will tell them that this is what makes me feel safe, and I am glad I now have a place to go

I don't know about how US college students handle it in 2018, but in China, the students usually learn to stop crying when they're three years old during the first week of preschool.

I don't know about how US college students handle it in 2018, but in China, the students usually learn to stop crying when they're three years old during the first week of preschool.

What do Chinese college male students do when they realize they probably will never get laid?

What do Chinese college male students do when they realize they probably will never get laid?

I dunno but I'd recommend going to find chicks in Vietnam or Cambodia or Myanmar.