Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Isolation vs conversation?

How much of your work time do you believe is allocated to each, and how much of your personal time awake same question?

I'd guess 80/20 at least in favor of being around people at work, maybe 50/50 in my free time?

I think I may work on increasing my attention I give to friends and family when I can in the near future. :thumbsup:

The job I have this year has sucked. Im the only one there who speaks decent English. So basically I dont talk to anyone all day.

Next week is my last week there though. Next year will have a whole crop of foreigners.

60/40 isolation. I have an office for the first time in years. Its kind of nice to be honest.

85/15, 100/0 :bench:

so you're the most social person on the board, or are you a hermit?

Work 20/80...Im a sales rep (and a damn good one :thumbsup: ) so being around people is my job. And I love it.

Personal probably about the same. I am a people person for sure. I decompress a little bit but I can't sit in the house more than 30 mins to an hour before I'm out the door. Go grab a beer, some grub, do something with someone. I got places to go, things to see, and people to do :banana:

Which one does geek club count as? My percentages could change...

:ninja:

Isolation maybe 2% of the time. We almost always work in pairs. The only time I am isolated on a Job like this is when I am just welding away and don't need my fitter. The pharmesuetical plant I was last at, I spent a lot of time working by myself. Although I was still around other people.

It would suck to be by myself all day every day.

so you're the most social person on the board, or are you a hermit?

I am probably the purest and most committed introvert you'll ever meet. :ninja:

My job is a lone position at a HS, but members of the public may come in any time, and I almost always see students at break, lunch and after school. There's always other staff members that I can go talk to but I tend to need to work 10 hour days (while being paid for 8) so lingering in convo for very long makes me get anxious. There's a reason the lady before me left. The district hasn't looked at the job since the 80's to assess it, and technology has changed it a great degree. So the nature of it makes me glad I'm alone. Interrupted often but that is part of it.