Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Should parents spank their kids?

I approve.

How do they feel about flipper arms?

I dunno, dad never took me like he said he would. :(

Fortunately, my peemus found a female mouf when I was 15 and I've never had to pay for it since. :banana:

I had to spank my 13 yr old today. :(

Ohhh. I can see where an old pissant like you would still be living in your dreams of the past. Gay. Just saying....

Just admit you fuked up and move along. You aren't impressing anybody here.

As a kid, I got spanked maybe 3 times total. It was always after quite a bit of escalation on my part, and it was kind of the nuclear option. I have no issue with its limited role in my childhood.

As for my 8 year old daughter, Ive never even had to consider it. She responds to reasoning, and the thought of disappointing us causes her more than enough heartache to suffice. I can confidently say Ill never spank my child, but I will also acknowledge that Im lucky in that I have a child that doesnt test that conviction.

All that is to say, if this is a blanket for or against, I am against spanking. The primary reason being, I dont trust the average parent to use it in a non damaging way.

I dunno, dad never took me like he said he would. :(

Fortunately, my peemus found a female mouf when I was 15 and I've never had to pay for it since. :banana:

Yep. There are always desperate pigs ready to take the the guys that can't land the fine girls. Good for you dude.

Yep. There are always desperate pigs ready to take the the guys that can't land the fine girls. Good for you dude.

Speaking from experience, huh? I've turned down your best. Fact.

Speaking from experience, huh? I've turned down your best. Fact

Oh, I get it. You are just some 15 year old saying shlt that has no meaning. Ok.

Oh, I get it. You are just some 15 year old saying shlt that has no meaning. Ok.

Quit projecting.

Both of my children are girls, so maybe I have a different perspective on this. I dont think girls respond to coorporal punishment the same as boys.

• Like 1

Both of my children are girls, so maybe I have a different perspective on this. I dont think girls respond to coorporal punishment the same as boys.

Yeah, boys tend to cry.

Girls trend to moan.

Yeah, boys tend to cry.

Girls trend to moan.

You are creepy, not funny. Just saying. :mellow:

I laughed but I am not proud of it.

I chuckled, but caught myself before I actually laughed when I realized the implications of his statements. :mellow:

Yeah, boys tend to cry.

I would say I'm sorry if I thought that it would change your mind. But I know that this time I have said too much, been too unkind. I tried to laugh about it, cover it all up with lies. I tried to laugh about it, hiding my tears in my eyes, cause boys, don't cry.

I was spanked as a child. I always deserved it; none of this "dad was an alky" abuse stuff. My dad passed away when I graduated HS but I'm pretty confident we would have a great relationship now, since I harbor no ill will.

I occasionally spanked my kids when they were younger. It was a point of contention with my wife, the biggest contention we've had in our marriage. They are mostly adults now and on paths to success. I had conversations with two different guys this past week where they dumped on me about their loser millenial kids; it made me realize that my nit complaints about my kids are first world problems. :cheers:

....just like they were Yankees in game 3 of the ALDS

• Like 1

Same as you, I suspect.

Eta: I reviewed the thread and stil dont see a compelling reason for adults to physically harm defenseless children.

What did I miss?

You’re never gonna reason with any of these guys - personal experience and “common sense” reigns supreme, even when objective data proves otherwise. Just be glad they aren’t raising your children.

People without kids love to give parenting advice. What they dont get is that knowing the right thing to do is the easy part. Actually doing it day in day out when youre tired and feeling impatient etc is the hard part.

Nobody said parenting was easy :dunno:

There's no need to argue, parents just don't understand.

Youre never gonna reason with any of these guys - personal experience and common sense reigns supreme, even when objective data proves otherwise. Just be glad they arent raising your children.

Youre probably right, but people can change. My own personal experience has helped shape my stance on this issue.

My grandfather was a major control freak who beat his kids regularly. Then he mellowed with age and became the greatest grandparent a kid could ask for.

During our last conversation, he told me he regretted doing it all wrong as a parent. He thought he was supposed to control his kids and every move they made through fear, violence and intimidation. He urged me not to follow his example.

One kid is easy. Two is a whole different ball game.

One kid is easy. Two is a whole different ball game.

We have three. When you get >2, you need to move from a man to a zone defense. :thumbsup:

We have three. When you get >2, you need to move from a man to a zone defense. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah. The leap from one to two was gigantic. 3 is where you just get worn down I assume.

Really? Any seem like a major PITA.

You think you know what love is.

You know, they say at a certain point, they say the parent becomes the child and versa vice.

Should kids spank their parents at that point?

Should kids spank their parents at that point?

...The elder of the species, through years of evolution, have developed an ingenious defense against attack in their weakened condition.

Their entire posterior/dorsal side is riddled with a series of seeping pustules commonly referred to as "bed sores". Those seeking to inflict damage upon the owner of these gooey barnacle-bearers in turn risk infection and disease themselves.

In such a way, Elderly Humans possess a passive, yet effective defense not unlike their aquatic companions, The Jellyfish.

In fact, you might say, that Humans approaching inevitable death are "Jellderly".