2. head to head
  3. division record
  4. total points scored

head to head common opponents, the results

• tm A 2-1 - awarded 5th seed
  • tm B 1-1 - next tiebreaker -div record 4-6 -Wins 6th seed by total points
  • tm C 1-1 - next tiebreaker -div record 4-6
  • tm D 1-2 - out

Because of the uneven H2H match-ups (2 played 3 games and 2 played 2 games). Is there a better way to decide who gets in? Skip this tiebreaker when uneven number of match-ups?

Thoughts would be appreciated.

If you have separate divisions, why not apply divisional tiebreakers first (H2H, divisional record, total points)? Then apply a tie breaker between the top two in each division (H2H, total points).

If you have separate divisions, why not apply divisional tiebreakers first (H2H, divisional record, total points)? Then apply a tie breaker between the top two in each division (H2H, total points).

Are u saying top 2 spots to division winners then next best records? Then if you have 3 or more tied for the final spots keep each team in their own division and use the tie-breakers to determine seeding? I am not sure if that is fair. Especially if 2 teams are in one Div and one in another. What if the one div is very strong and the other weak? Division records would be skewed toward the easier division. For it to work, Once the top spots are determined by record, I think total points is the way to go and eliminate div records all together. Thanks for your help and Happy Holidays

:cheers:

Are u saying top 2 spots to division winners then next best records? Then if you have 3 or more tied for the final spots keep each team in their own division and use the tie-breakers to determine seeding? I am not sure if that is fair. Especially if 2 teams are in one Div and one in another. What if the one div is very strong and the other weak? Division records would be skewed toward the easier division. For it to work, Once the top spots are determined by record, I think total points is the way to go and eliminate div records all together. Thanks for your help and Happy Holidays

:cheers:

I was just thinking that if you aren't going to use divisional records, why have divisions at all? If teams A & B from division 1 are tied with team C from division 2, First apply a tie breaker between teams A & B using H2H, divisional records and total points. If B wins, apply a tie breaker between teams B & C (H2H, total points). If C wins your ranking is C>B>A. If B wins, the next rank would be determined by applying a tie breaker between A & C (H2H, total points).

Just use total points as a tiebreaker. Easy-peasy and makes sense. Can't get any better than that to determine who actually deserves to be there. This is not the NFL, meaning you don't physically play the game against your opponent. What the other team does has no bearing on what you score for that week and vice versa.

Use something you could carefully plan for if you wanted to--like adding up the jersey numbers of each team's whole roster. Highest total wins the tie. :D

The breakdown is a pretty great way to determine which team is consistently one of the top teams. Total points for is okay, but a lot of times the difference between two teams is simply who had the best single week. Does the fact that a team was able to rip off a 170 points in its best week, and the other teams best week is only 130, really mean that the first team is better?

breakdown is just a modified total points system, or a modified play-all-every week thing. I'm in a league where I finished as the #2 seed but scored 200+ pts more than any other team. I've averaged 160 points over my last 5 games including a 171 week that would have been top score in the league, only to see another team put up 201 that same week against me. During that time the next best team averaged a little less than 130. I've had seasons like that where I barely even made the playoffs despite being the highest scorer. Breakdown gives a good team a chance to continue playing and maybe beat the bad luck they've had.