Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

DeDe Westbrook **Activated for week 11**

Ive been clamoring for dede all year. Should I start dede over Watkins? Im torn.

Everyone in the know, loves Watkins this week.

P.S. don't believe the coach speak for a minute.

Unless he is activated from IR status tomorrow or Sunday morning, it isn't just coach speak.....he will not be playing.

google: Sammy Watkins week 9 and you'll see

Yeah that confirmed the reasons I was questioning it. Im rolling w Sammy.

google: Sammy Watkins week 9 and you'll see

Witjout Jenkins, Hell yeah on Sammy. All day baby.

Unless he is activated from IR status tomorrow or Sunday morning, it isn't just coach speak.....he will not be playing.

So you're saying if he stays on IR he won't be playing.

Sounds like sold advise.

At this point, I am reading conflicting information about his status for tomorrow. Cbs reporting that he may be inactive, while Yahoo saying that he is likely a go.

Guess we will just have to check before game time....

At this point, I am reading conflicting information about his status for tomorrow. Cbs reporting that he may be inactive, while Yahoo saying that he is likely a go.

Guess we will just have to check before game time....

Doesn't matter what anyone says yet. If he's not activated he obviously can't play. That hasn't happened yet

He's out, according to Roto.

Dede Westbrook (core muscle surgery, IR) won't be activated for Week 9.

Westbrook is healthy, but the Jaguars want to get him more than a week of practice reps. It's a conservative move for a bottom-five pass offense. Marqise Lee (questionable, knee) is expected to be active, with Keelan Cole remaining in three-wide sets. Westbrook should return in Week 10 against the Chargers.

Oh man, no offense, but there is going to be a such let down in about a week or two.

A 4 pages thread of a rookie WR on the Jag team, really no idea what you guys expect from him coming out of IR. The best rookie WR right now is Cooper Kupp and I don't think anyone is excited about him at all.

Oh man, no offense, but there is going to be a such let down in about a week or two.

A 4 pages thread of a rookie WR on the Jag team, really no idea what you guys expect from him coming out of IR. The best rookie WR right now is Cooper Kupp and I don't think anyone is excited about him at all.

Not to be a jerk, but it's pretty clear what most people are hoping for/expecting--a WR3.

If I had Kupp, I'd be likely starting him over Doctson this week. In a season like this, finding a WR3 is a pretty valuable thing.

If you only want WR3, there are a million safer choice with upside on the WW right now.

Pryor, Stills, Tyrell Willams, M Brant, Snead, HURNS, Decker, Moncrief, Mathews, John Brown, Beasley, Nelson, Gabriel, Goodwin, Zay Jones, and even good old Corey Coleman from the Browns who also coming back from IR. At least Coleman had prove it before that he can be a solid WR2.

If you only want WR3, there are a million safer choice with upside on the WW right now.

Pryor, Stills, Tyrell Willams, M Brant, Snead, HURNS, Decker, Moncrief, Mathews, John Brown, Beasley, Nelson, Gabriel, Goodwin, Zay Jones, and even good old Corey Coleman from the Browns who also coming back from IR. At least Coleman had prove it before that he can be a solid WR2.

Here's who's on my waivers out of that group: Tyrell...4.26 pts/game. Martavis Bryant...IF he plays anymore...4.2 pts/gm. Decker...3.4 pts/gm. Moncrief...3.82 pts/gm. JJ Nelson...5.46/gm. Goodwin...4.24 pts/gm. Zay Jones...2.8 pts/gm.

Corey Coleman is also a possibility, won't deny that. May even look to grab him if Zeke wins and I can drop Rod Smith or Alf. So that's one. Of the others on your list who are available in the league I have Dede in, only JJ Nelson has averaged more than 5 pts/gm. And he's averaged 2.4 pts/gm since week 3. He's not a WR3, hasn't been since week 2.

WR is a wasteland this year. Looking at those numbers, are you really saying that 4 pts/gm is 'safe'? When winning scores in that league are 120+, I don't think it's a really big 'home run swing' to pass on a guy who might score me 4 pts for the possibility of a little more.

Here's who's on my waivers out of that group: Tyrell...4.26 pts/game. Martavis Bryant...IF he plays anymore...4.2 pts/gm. Decker...3.4 pts/gm. Moncrief...3.82 pts/gm. JJ Nelson...5.46/gm. Goodwin...4.24 pts/gm. Zay Jones...2.8 pts/gm.

Corey Coleman is also a possibility, won't deny that. May even look to grab him if Zeke wins and I can drop Rod Smith or Alf. So that's one. Of the others on your list who are available in the league I have Dede in, only JJ Nelson has averaged more than 5 pts/gm. And he's averaged 2.4 pts/gm since week 3. He's not a WR3, hasn't been since week 2.

WR is a wasteland this year. Looking at those numbers, are you really saying that 4 pts/gm is 'safe'? When winning scores in that league are 120+, I don't think it's a really big 'home run swing' to pass on a guy who might score me 4 pts for the possibility of a little more.

Holding Rod Smith in hopes he plays if Zeke is suspended and hoping he gets the work vs a guy coming back from ir who we know is getting the work, doesnt make sense. Drop rod grab coleman

Holding Rod Smith in hopes he plays if Zeke is suspended and hoping he gets the work vs a guy coming back from ir who we know is getting the work, doesnt make sense. Drop rod grab coleman

Coleman over Dede, fine, but not at the cost of dropping Rod Smith.

I'm holding Alf and Rod, and wouldn't drop either for a gamble at a WR3.

A young monster power back behind that OL for 6 weeks is a much more valuable lotto ticket than any WR3 play.

A young monster power back behind that OL for 6 weeks is a much more valuable lotto ticket than any WR3 play.

Agreed. Coleman isn't playing this week, so I have some time to wait until at least early this week to hear more about Zeke. There's a lot of undercurrents about Smith, and I completely agree with you here about his value, Johnny.

Not only is Smith behind that OL for 6 weeks, but he's also behind Alf Morris and D McFadden on the depth chart, so you have that to look forward to ;)

Not only is Smith behind that OL for 6 weeks, but he's also behind Alf Morris and D McFadden on the depth chart, so you have that to look forward to ;)

Except that according to the team, DMC is behind Smith.

Player comparison: Marvin Harrison, Indianapolis Colts

This is simply a comparison of the two players’ styles. Coming out of college, Harrison’s scouting report was almost identical to Westbrook. Both players had slim builds with questions about whether they could hold up in the league. Like Westbrook, Harrison possessed great deep speed and incredible quickness in and out of his cuts. He also had very strong hands and was a legitimate deep threat despite his size. Harrison was able to shore up his weaknesses and turn into one of the greatest receivers in NFL history. It is unlikely that Westbrook can ever reach that level, but there are eerie similarities between the two entering the NFL.

Bottom line: Westbrook is a receiver that may be overlooked due to his size but probably shouldn’t be. Westbrook possesses all the necessary tools to be an excellent NFL receiver. He can run every route, he’s both incredibly fast and incredibly quick, and has great hands. His after-the-catch ability is among the best in the entire class, and he’s not afraid to get hit. Because of his size and inexperience with press coverage, he may be limited to a slot role early on. But he has so many tools to work with and very few football weaknesses. If he can get a bit stronger, he has the potential to be a great outside receiver in the NFL.

-If accurate, the question is: What would Harrison have done with Bortles instead of Manning?

Player comparison: Marvin Harrison, Indianapolis Colts

This is simply a comparison of the two players’ styles. Coming out of college, Harrison’s scouting report was almost identical to Westbrook. Both players had slim builds with questions about whether they could hold up in the league. Like Westbrook, Harrison possessed great deep speed and incredible quickness in and out of his cuts. He also had very strong hands and was a legitimate deep threat despite his size. Harrison was able to shore up his weaknesses and turn into one of the greatest receivers in NFL history. It is unlikely that Westbrook can ever reach that level, but there are eerie similarities between the two entering the NFL.

Bottom line: Westbrook is a receiver that may be overlooked due to his size but probably shouldn’t be. Westbrook possesses all the necessary tools to be an excellent NFL receiver. He can run every route, he’s both incredibly fast and incredibly quick, and has great hands. His after-the-catch ability is among the best in the entire class, and he’s not afraid to get hit. Because of his size and inexperience with press coverage, he may be limited to a slot role early on. But he has so many tools to work with and very few football weaknesses. If he can get a bit stronger, he has the potential to be a great outside receiver in the NFL.

-If accurate, the question is: What would Harrison have done with Bortles instead of Manning?

I think Marvin Harrison is the better play this week.

• Like 1

Dede soapbox is rivaling the Zeke soapbox.

This made me lol.

And i own Dede and Rod Smith. So Im getting major Fantasy chub in this thread

I am off, not even going to bother, I had Crabtree and Hill on byes, but since I was holding this degenerate I missed out of fillers for this bye. Moral to the story don't bye the hype.

I am now starting Funchess and Humphries

fwiw, I dropped him instead of Butker to pick up a Kicker this week

Probably still would have shot a few rival drug dealers each week.

Not going to be activated from IR again this week.....LOL

Guess they can't wait to get him back, eh?

A true diffrence maker

Dropped him for Rod Smith for the week. Still a good chance to get him back if I decide I want to, but I also picked up Corey Coleman, who I think is worth more this year anyway.

What is the over/under for week 11

Fire up the train.....Hurns spotted in walking boot after game yesterday.

Getting tired of waiting for this guy; not gonna lie.

I think he's a new AB, so I've been holding him.