Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Let's talk rules

Wait now...I feel like I'm getting conflicting info here.

So just for argument's sake, let's take Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, and Albert Pujols.

As Brewers/Braun owner, can I legally trade Bruan for only one of those guys, or either of them?

Yes... But then if they drop Braun, they no longer have the rights to him but since he is an exclusive to you, you could pick him back up...

So I could trade Braun for Prince, and if I dropped Prince (which would make a great deal of sense), both the Tigers and I would be eligible to pick him back up.

I could also trade Braun for Pujols, and if I dropped HIM, the Cards and Angels owners would be eligible to pick him up, but I would not.

I got that right?

So I could trade Braun for Prince, and if I dropped Prince (which would make a great deal of sense), both the Tigers and I would be eligible to pick him back up.

I could also trade Braun for Pujols, and if I dropped HIM, the Cards and Angels owners would be eligible to pick him up, but I would not.

I got that right?

Bingo.

Wait now...I feel like I'm getting conflicting info here.

So just for argument's sake, let's take Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, and Albert Pujols.

As Brewers/Braun owner, can I legally trade Bruan for only one of those guys, or either of them?

If the pujols owner wants to trade you pujols for braun.. its legal. But if you drop pujols, you cant pick him back up.

If the pujols owner wants to trade you pujols for braun.. its legal. But if you drop pujols, you cant pick him back up.

Righty-o. I just wanted to make sure I was eligible to get stats from guys I acquired via trade, who had never played on the team I'm representing. Seems that's just a draft restriction.

One more point of clarification regarding scoring rules.

It's just raw totals in each category, calculated weekly against a single opponent, which then translates to W/L/T? How are those then compiled to sort the league standings?

And also, no position maximums? So if I've got crazy pitching depth, I can theoretically get like 20 starts a week, versus my opponent's five (or something)? Or I can rotate in outfielders every day to maximize my AB's?

One more point of clarification regarding scoring rules.

It's just raw totals in each category, calculated weekly against a single opponent, which then translates to W/L/T? How are those then compiled to sort the league standings?

And also, no position maximums? So if I've got crazy pitching depth, I can theoretically get like 20 starts a week, versus my opponent's five (or something)? Or I can rotate in outfielders every day to maximize my AB's?

It is a 9x9 H2H league, so you will have 18 outcomes (wins, losses or ties) each week... For 22 weeks, these are added up and there are your final standings... Top 6 make the championship bracket and the next 6 make the consolation bracket...

No position maximums... If you want to start 20 pitchers in a week, you can...

Here are the categories:

Hitting: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, E

Pitching: W, L, CG, SHO, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

So while you might load up on pitcher starts for a week (to win W and K), you might automatically lose the L, ERA, WHIP categories if they all get shelled...

out of curiosity

why do we score errors (a fielding stat) as one of the 9 hitting categories over strikeouts (fewer the better)

out of curiosity

why do we score errors (a fielding stat) as one of the 9 hitting categories over strikeouts (fewer the better)

I've often wondered that as well.

2 years ago it was if a player is assumed to play on the new team due to a trade or a free-agent signing then he is eligible for that team. Lance Berkman for the Cardinals last year would have been eligible for the Astros, Yankees, and Cardinals even though he had not yet played an innning for the Cardinals.

I assuem this is still true this year with the exception of Pujols. He is only eligible for the Cardinals. :ninja:

:dunno:

:dunno:

Yes you can draft Pena just not yet as all the teams he's eligible to have not yet passed their picks.

Just a bit eager :D

and should not post when drinking

can't remember

this draft is 28 rounds

then a 2 round supplemental

and then we cut 2 players to get back to 28?

the 1-2 round supp for the allstar break does not require cuts?

the 1-2 round supp for the allstar break does not require cuts?

Yes, that one will, too. At least it has in the past.

Yes, that one will, too. At least it has in the past.

i went back to my team from last year and i had 32 rostered at the end not 28 :dunno:

i went back to my team from last year and i had 32 rostered at the end not 28 :dunno:

Right, there was a mistake setting things up, but this year it has been fixed and is 28 players... If you pickup someone during the supplemental drafts, you must cut someone...

One more rule that we forgot to mention:

Article XII, Section B:

There will be no edjr in 2014.

:overhead:

ass

I realize that players who were free agents and just signed MLB contracts with new teams are available to the new teams, but what about players who are invited to camp with a new but haven't signed an MLB contract? Remind me how we've handled that in the past. I may have overlooked it, but I didn't see anything about it in this thread.

I realize that players who were free agents and just signed MLB contracts with new teams are available to the new teams, but what about players who are invited to camp with a new but haven't signed an MLB contract? Remind me how we've handled that in the past. I may have overlooked it, but I didn't see anything about it in this thread.

I believe the explanation was that if they are not on the team's roster on opening day that you had to release them.

I believe the explanation was that if they are not on the team's roster on opening day that you had to release them.

That would make sense...

yep, the raul mondesi clause :thumbsup:

royals now have a top prospect in their farm system named raul mondesi.

So you can draft someone that is a non-roster invite to your team, and if they make opening day roster you can keep them, but if they don't make the team out of camp then at that point you have to release the player.

Like Brad Penny would be eligible for me to draft this year, but if he doesn't end up on the roster I can't keep him.