Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

Faab for Winston?

I have 63$ left in my faab account. Flacco is my qb now and Im thinking Winston as my #1 was claim. How much would u wager? Right now Im in for 15$ but also have claims in for some other guys but hes my first choice to get me set at qb as thats my gaping hole in my lineup right now.

You won’t be eating many Ws relying on Winston, he’s a terrible quarterback.

So if I’m reading into your amazing reply I should keep Flacco?

I happen to think Winston is a great pickup.

1. Loves to throw

2. Great toys to throw to

3. Little running game

4. Horrible defense, so playing from behind a lot

5. Loves to scramble, especially for tds.

6. Great schedule

I’m all in on JW. But I don’t know how much he is worth to you, can’t answer that one. Sorry.

You won’t be eating many Ws relying on Winston, he’s a terrible quarterback.

I disagree.

Get Winston. The starter in Tampa is better than Flacco. Get Winston and start him immediately against Atlanta.

I'm thinking your $15 should do it. It seems like you're in at least a 12 man league (if you're down to starting Flacco). Looks like you probably had about $100 FAABs to start.

Look at the other teams who need a QB and how much they have left to spend. Also look at how much Fitz went for when he was acquired.

If your missing piece is QB, don't let Winston slide by, you will regret it. Winston will get you Fitz type numbers, the situation is the same - bad D, bad running game, multiple receiving weapons. Shoot outs are on the way.

He’s Black Bortles but with better weapons and less productivity. He had these same weapons last year and didn’t do much on a consistent fantasy basis. Everything you’re all sayin was supposed to happen last season too.

• Like 1

Get Winston. The starter in Tampa is better than Flacco. Get Winston and start him immediately against Atlanta.

I'm thinking your $15 should do it. It seems like you're in at least a 12 man league (if you're down to starting Flacco). Looks like you probably had about $100 FAABs to start.

Look at the other teams who need a QB and how much they have left to spend. Also look at how much Fitz went for when he was acquired.

If your missing piece is QB, don't let Winston slide by, you will regret it. Winston will get you Fitz type numbers, the situation is the same - bad D, bad running game, multiple receiving weapons. Shoot outs are on the way.

I did just this and looked at all the teams and only one team may need a qb and he has dalton and tanahill so I upped my faab to 20$ and yes its a 12 man league with luckily the guys on bye those teams have legit backups so they prob wont bid. I need this guy for my team so Im willing to bid prob higher than most but if I get him Ill be set at qb with his bye week behind. Thats my thinking anyway
  • Like 1

He’s Black Bortles but with better weapons and less productivity. He had these same weapons last year and didn’t do much on a consistent fantasy basis. Everything you’re all sayin was supposed to happen last season too.

you should try pulling stuff out of your ass more. Look up the consistency ranks on this very website for last year and you will discover that Winston was the 5th most consistent QB. Whatever formula ESPN uses has him lower be he's still top 12. Guy was like QB8 in the games he played last year. I'm all-in on Winston.

Some geeks on this site swear by FFIndex (mag) and FWIW they had him ranked at the #3 QB this season. I agree that I think he's going to be a hog for reasons already mentioned above. Grab him.

He is going to eat in garbage time... he could be top 10 rest of the way if he could limit TOs... although that has been a concern his entire career

Over their last 46 games (Winston's whole career), this is the number of times each of these QB have recorded at least 16 fantasy points....

• Luck - 37
  • Stafford - 33
  • Winston - 30
  • Newton - 30
  • Wilson - 29
  • Flacco - 19

Most of those guys, historically, will have higher ceilings... but they also have fairly similar floors. If you're looking for a backup, Winston is about the best/safest you could ask for.

you should try pulling stuff out of your ass more. Look up the consistency ranks on this very website for last year and you will discover that Winston was the 5th most consistent QB. Whatever formula ESPN uses has him lower be he's still top 12. Guy was like QB8 in the games he played last year. I'm all-in on Winston.

LOL

I was kicking myself for starting Mr. F-Her-in-the-P over Brees in two leagues. Then Brees went and scored even less than Winston 😝

If you want to laugh hard, go read just about any page of the Winston thread at football guys. I thoroughly destroyed this retarded Winston lover called capella. It so brutal that he has told the mods on me for slapping him around. He very much like shining. In fact they could be related since they are both retarded.

great stat i heard on Winston on my way into work. 49 games played - 54 int 36 fumbles lost. the only one higher....Blake Bortles. So yes Winston is a consistent turnover machine. He is Black Bortles.

Over their last 46 games (Winston's whole career), this is the number of times each of these QB have recorded at least 16 fantasy points....

• Luck - 37
  • Stafford - 33
  • Winston - 30
  • Newton - 30
  • Wilson - 29
  • Flacco - 19

Most of those guys, historically, will have higher ceilings... but they also have fairly similar floors. If you're looking for a backup, Winston is about the best/safest you could ask for.

Provided he doesn't go full retard and totally suck... :blink:

great stat i heard on Winston on my way into work. 49 games played - 54 int 36 fumbles lost. the only one higher....Blake Bortles. So yes Winston is a consistent turnover machine. He is Black Bortles.

He is not Blake Bortles. He's not that good. :thumbsdown:

So when will coach let us know who will be the starter this com8ng week? Tomorrow I suppose since today is a day of rest and group huddle time for the coaches.

So when will coach let us know who will be the starter this com8ng week? Tomorrow I suppose since today is a day of rest and group huddle time for the coaches.

If I'm Koetter, I'm not telling anyone outside the lockeroom. Everyone can find out when the offense takes the field Sunday afternoon.

If I'm Koetter, I'm not telling anyone outside the lockeroom. Everyone can find out when the offense takes the field Sunday afternoon.

That stinks for FF. Tampa would be a great QB choice but not now if he might pull a QB halfway through. Bummer.

Nobody eatin Ws with Winston this week, just announced Fitzpatrick is the starter vs Carolina.

Good. Now I can drop Winston and free up a spot for someone else 👍

Good. Now I can drop Winston and free up a spot for someone else

Hah! That will work until Fitz throws 4 picks in the first half and gets benched setting the table for JW to come back with 300+ in the second half.

Hah! That will work until Fitz throws 4 picks in the first half and gets benched setting the table for JW to come back with 300+ in the second half.

Nah, I don't think Winston takes another snap in Tampa ever again. It's evident that he's not a franchise QB and the Bucs are not going to risk Winston to injury and be forced to pay him $21M next season. If you have a roster spot available that you may want to take a chance on, go pick up Ryan Griffin. If for some reason Fitzpatrick doesn't play, Griffin is the next man up.