Sign in to follow this  
Torn

WTF - Every year, it's the pitching...

Sigh - every season, I get burned by my SP choices and end up scrambling to find scraps on the wire...

This season I tried to fix that by making 3 of my first 6 choices SPs.

I took a stupid risk with Hamels in the 3rd round and rolled craps, but had no idea Latos would turn out to be a DL resident this long. Dude had a knee problem, not an arm issue so I figured he'd be good to go.

Another long season in the making...

I feel your pain. The injury bug seems to have ramped up throughout the entire league. I drafted Manny Machado knowing he may not be ready by the start of the season, but I lose Profar to surgery half through ST, lose Fister shortly after Profar and then I lose Ramos opening day when he breaks his hand and needs surgery too. Than I lose two of my RP in Nate Jones who blows up on me with giving up several runs / hits without getting an out only to figure out he has been battling an injury and goes on the DL four days into the season and now I lose Kintzler, so now I have 6 guys on the DL. Some of these guys are replacable, so my team is still in pretty good shape, but it is frustrating to see how many players are hitting the DL on a daily basis.....

I know many of you guys also have been bitten by the injury bug losing good young arms like Medlin, Corbin, Beachy, Parker..... as the list grows. The dreaded Rotoworld news item know is when your SP goes to see Dr. Andrews for a 2nd opinion is like.... here we go again. Glad we increased the DL spot to 4, given how often players are landing on the DL.

Torn,

Hope you are able to land a few gems from the FA list to supplement some of the guys you lost to the injury bug you were counting on.

Sigh, ....no, ....it's all about the hitting. In my other league, I spent the highest dollar value on Miggy Cabrera. I know, I know, ....we are only at April 21st. But, c'mon man! Neil Walker, Brian Dozier, and Josmil Pinto have combined for an average of FIVE TIMES more homers than Miggy. I know, ...I know, all of that can change in a moment. But when I looked at today's SP for the White Sox, ....shutting down Miggy once again, ....I saw that it was John Danks. JOHN DANKS, ....Really? Wow.

After putting the mummy's curse on Ryan Braun in 2013 (had him in BOTH leagues), ....he now has 6 homers, .....3 short of what he netted for me ALL of last year. I predict that news will hit the wire before the end of May, ...."Miggy hitting the sauce--BIG TIME--after every game. In an exclusive report, Miggy confides that--after winning the triple crown and back-to-back MVPs, ....there just wasn't that much left to prove." He will be deep into rehab before All-Star Break. C'mom Migs, ....make a fool of me and hit 6 in one game!