Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

NFL TV Ratings Down Sharply

The kneeling is having a big affect. Go out and talk to some people once in a while. Guarantee direct TV will feel this next year, as will non-renewal of season tickets. The proof is right in your face. Deal with it. The NFL is laying out 90 million to get them to stop. Why is that?

• Like 1

The kneeling is having a big affect. Go out and talk to some people once in a while. Guarantee direct TV will feel this next year, as will non-renewal of season tickets. The proof is right in your face. Deal with it. The NFL is laying out 90 million to get them to stop. Why is that?

Yeah yeah yeah..Who do you suggest I talk to?

Go to a bar this Sunday and see how not crowded it is. I have. Owner at my local said he's not renewing Sunday ticket unless they cut the price in half. He's getting killed. Like I said, 90 million. Why? I think the owners know what's going on better than you. That ain't chump change.

Go to a bar this Sunday and see how not crowded it is. I have. Owner at my local said he's not renewing Sunday ticket unless they cut the price in half. He's getting killed. Like I said, 90 million. Why? I think the owners know what's going on better than you. That ain't chump change.

If you are not at all willing to acknowledge that a large part of this, again, is the poor product and not the kneeling, there is no point in debating. We have different opinions of the cause.

Or are you sayin the same thing as Baker and saying you really don;t have an opinion, but you just post and post and post with the same information? LOL

If you are not at all willing to acknowledge that a large part of this, again, is the poor product and not the kneeling, there is no point in debating. We have different opinions of the cause.

Or are you sayin the same thing as Baker and saying you really don;t have an opinion, but you just post and post and post with the same information? LOL

The product has sucked for a few years now. Remember the Dez non-catch? Again. 90 million to get them to stop. Are you going to acknowledge that? You seem to be dodging it.

Middle aged white men that are conservative i.e. A large portion of the NFL fan base.

As I told you earlier Mike I agree it's not The biggest reason the NFL ratings are down. The kneeling has just woken people up to a very marginal product.

Record 14 billion in revenue this year. The NFL must be shaking in their boots.

Why can't it be both?

What was Enron's financial outlook right before the lid was blown off that?

What was Enron's financial outlook right before the lid was blown off that?

lol

On contracts and tickets already sold. I guess we'll see next year and the next round of television negotiations. If it's only 10% of viewership lost that's huge.

Middle aged white men that are conservative i.e. A large portion of the NFL fan base.

As I told you earlier Mike I agree it's not The biggest reason the NFL ratings are down. The kneeling has just woken people up to a very marginal product.

Thank you for being reasonable and I agree. This whole stupid protest by the players didn't help at all. And it took many fans who were kinda meh about the product and helped them decide they could better utilize their Sundays. I completely agree. No way am I naive enough to think the kneeling hasn't had any impact, that's just burying my head in the sand. I just don't feel it is as huge as some people want to believe it is. Either way, the NFL has a problem. I don't know how serious yet. These things do work in cycles and a big component is how your local team is doing. Makes a huge impact

• Like 1

if kneeling is kill the nfl, they why show it on tv.

just quit putting it on the screen for all to see, kind of like what they did with cheerleaders.

Low ratings and lots of empty seats for the cowboy game last night. I'm sure many of those tickets were sold before the season. Lots of no-shows.

if kneeling is kill the nfl, they why show it on tv.

just quit putting it on the screen for all to see, kind of like what they did with cheerleaders.

Some networks aren't showing the Anthem and it's no help. I can tell you that it's not a solution to bring me back watching games. Not showing the anthem is almost as bad as those kneeling for it. Akin to the Steelers not taking the field saying they wanted to remain out of it.

One of the greatest examples of pissing money away in history. And the players union didn't have the brains to explain to these idiots that they were only hurting themselves and their future earnings. I'd love to see a survey of how many players coming up on FA or that had endorsement deals were leading the pack on this. I'm thinking not many. Ignorant phonies.

The Saints attendance is good right now. How is it in your city?

Broncos are down about 100 people/game this year. But we suck. Bad.

when did the nfl get so tied to nationalism?

i suppose it was when the army deciced it was a good place to find men to die for oil. :dunno:

Seriously? Ok then. You have no opinion on the matter. I wasn't aware. Thank you for the clarification.

You just can’t get anything right, your reading comprehension really sucks.

I said I didn’t give my opinion. HTH

The product has been poor for a long time.

Do you care to try again?

Are you really that clueless on how things work? It’s hard to believe people are this clueless!

And this is why you will always be a bottom feeder.

Now go make some crap up about people and pass it off a fact. That seems to be your only purpose here.

• Like 1

They get nothing right, starting with Goodell. Turns out the 90 million that thenowners are going to give to these SJW ingrates is going to come from funds set up for breast cancer and the military. Can't make it up.

They get nothing right, starting with Goodell. Turns out the 90 million that thenowners are going to give to these SJW ingrates is going to come from funds set up for breast cancer and the military. Can't make it up.

Social Justice

Are you really that clueless on how things work? Its hard to believe people are this clueless!

And this is why you will always be a bottom feeder.

Now go make some crap up about people and pass it off a fact. That seems to be your only purpose here.

Why did you lie about being a Vietnam vet? Youre a step above a child molesting Nazi in my book.

One of the greatest examples of pissing money away in history. And the players union didn't have the brains to explain to these idiots that they were only hurting themselves and their future earnings. I'd love to see a survey of how many players coming up on FA or that had endorsement deals were leading the pack on this. I'm thinking not many. Ignorant phonies.

It must be a difficult concept because MDC doesn’t get it either.

The product has been poor for a long time.

Do you care to try again?

You're just way too smart for me

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Do you have a link for this?

That's what Floating Turd Eric Reid says : https://slate.com/sports/2017/11/eric-reid-says-nfl-wants-to-use-money-from-military-programs-to-buy-off-players.html

NFL is saying something else: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/01/nfl-money-for-social-justice-program-supplements-doesnt-replace-other-programs/

I dunno. They'd better not be.

I hope following the lead of Colin Kaepernick, certified moron, and the rest of the libtards was worth it. Guess what? When the players are making less the snowflakes and outrage monkeys won't be cutting them checks. This is gonna be great!

I'm so sick of this shiit. I f*c king hate Cap as much as anybody else. But I'm so sick of this simple-minded Sean Hannity bullshiit. Gee, could there be more than one fuuking Factor? Could Our God damn simple-minded mouth-breathing redneck focking brain cells handle more than one thought at a time?

God damn people. Let's just go ahead and chalk up the rise in teen suicides to the fact that Starbucks doesn't say Merry Christmas while we're at it.

Everything Finds Its natural level.

Billionaires are making too God damn much money. From tax subsidies to six figure psl's and TV rights, focking ticket sales were nothing more than gravy.

The players are making too God damn much money - and bitching every step of the way.

The fans were getting charged way too God damn much money. Reamed out the ass for everything from parking lots to psl's before they even step foot in the focking Stadium.

Technology was changing by Leaps and Bounds every other f*cking weekend, even the near bulletproof Hollywood movie system that made money in the damn DEPRESSION was suddenly sucking wind,

And oh BTW, Legends of the game were retiring one day and swallowing a shotgun load the next,

but some axxhole with an afro brought down a multi billion dollar business - all while not even f****** employed by the league.

Trump and Fox told me so.

Gawddamn.

I made the playoffs in 12 Geeks at 7-6 as a five seed, When my playoff run there is over, I'm done. Out.

One-three more weeks of paying attention to the NFL.

I couldn't tell you that the games are boring or the rules changes or expensive ticketing or CTE worry or whatnot are causing declining viewership. I don't watch the games to know what is affecting everybody else. All I can as is that in my case, the 100.0000000% reason I'm out is because of the kneeling and no other reason.

There is a very good chance that this is permanent.

I made the playoffs in 12 Geeks at 7-6 as a five seed, When my playoff run there over, I'm done. Out.

One-three more weeks of paying attention to the NFL.

I couldn't tell you that the games are boring or the rules changes or expensive or CTE worrry or whatnot are causing declining viewership. I don't watch the games to know what is affecting everybody else. All I can as is that in my case, the 100.0000000% reason I'm out is because of the kneeling and no other reason.

There is a very good chance that this is permanent.

Quitting fantasy football is a good move. I did several years ago, and it makes watching games more enjoyable. That being said, I can find better things to do Sundays, as can most everybody else. The anthem kneeling is ratsass IMO, but if it gets a few CBF off the couch, Kaepernick is a hero in my book.

I had been done with the NFL the past few years just due to life stuff and my son. Decided this year to start watching my team again and theyre 10-2 and drew me back in. I will say the product is terrible and I dont watch games that dont involve the Eagles. 10 years ago I was watching football from 11 AM pregame til 11 at night every Sunday.

I have seen maybe 3 seconds of somebody holding his fist up during the anthem through 12 weeks of games. If thats what turned you off to the league you probably werent much of a fan to begin with.

🤛

I had been done with the NFL the past few years just due to life stuff and my son. Decided this year to start watching my team again and theyre 10-2 and drew me back in. I will say the product is terrible and I dont watch games that dont involve the Eagles. 10 years ago I was watching football from 11 AM pregame til 11 at night every Sunday.

I have seen maybe 3 seconds of somebody holding his fist up during the anthem through 12 weeks of games. If thats what turned you off to the league you probably werent much of a fan to begin with.

Speaking for myself, I stuck with the league through eight years of Matt Millen GMing my favorite team to 0-16. I've seen one playoff win in my 46 year lifetime. Someone who endures that much punishment and sticks on as a Lions fan has been through a lot. aSeeing as you had already walked away from the league before any of this went down, perhaps YOU were the one that never were much of a fan to begin with.

And then maybe seeing people insult the country gives you jollies and brought you back. I on the other hand am a bigger fan of the USA than of the NFL. I don't like seeing the anthem mocked and chose not to participate in insults to the country nor spend my time on those that do. And so I walked away.

Speaking for myself, I stuck with the league through eight years of Matt Millen GMing my favorite team to 0-16. I've seen one playoff win in my lifetime. Someone who endurse that much punishment and sticks on as a fan has been through a lot.. You, on the other hand, had already walked away from the league before this went down, perhaps YOU were the one that never were much of a fan to begin with.

And then maybe seeing people insult the country gives you jollies and brought you back. I on the other hand am a bigger fan of the USA than of the NFL. I don't like seeing the anthem mocked and chose not to participate in insults to the country nor spend my time on those that do. And so I walked away.

Cmon man. I am not judging you at all. I just have a hard time believing this one issue absent anything else is why people are leaving. Maybe in your case it is. It just seems pretty trivial as compared to so many other issues the NFL has botched.

I walked away from the league because I became a dad right at the time the league started with the TNF nonsense and decided they could no longer figure out what a catch is or allow players to hit each other. Its not the sport I grew up with in the 80s and 90s. I am back because my son is older now and o can afford the time. I still dont have the passion for the sport I did before.

The anthem ah1t doesnt affect me at all.

I will say the product is terrible

This is what it comes down to.

The product sucks. The games are too long. there is too many penalties and way too much replay.

However, I am sure there are definitely a bunch of racists out there, that don't watch anymore, specifically because of the national anthem B.S.

This is what it comes down to.

The product sucks. The games are too long. there is too many penalties and way too much replay.

However, I am sure there are definitely a bunch of racists out there, that don't watch anymore, specifically because of the national anthem B.S.

My big issues are that the NFL is over saturated with too many games at too many times. The league doesnt care about player safety or competitive fairness or they wouldnt make teams play on 3 days rest or play home games in foreign countries. Automatic reviews of all turnovers and scoring plays have slowed the game down badly. The rules around hits in particular are inconsistent and not intuitive. The game seems designed now for pinball scores to make fantasy football more fun. Its not the sport I grew up with.