Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

do you blow your nose at the table?

I have always meant to ask this question. To me it's just Low class.I'm sorry, I don't actually want to hear your snot Flowing through a napkin While I'm trying to eat my f****** food. But based upon experience here I'm guessing there are many Will be offended at the notion that this is actually a bad idea.I always step away From the table, Either to the bathroom or outside. Maybe it's just the way I was raised, and maybe it's just the way That some of you were not raised.F****** gross.

No I agree. It's disgusting at the dinner table. Go off somewhere and do that

• Like 1

No. Totally disgusting. Another thing that always grossed me out was old men that used handkerchiefs. Blow a huge wad of snot and boogers into this thing and then just fold it up and put it back in your pocket like nothing happened. Always thought that was so odd.

No. Totally disgusting. Another thing that always grossed me out was old men that used handkerchiefs. Blow a huge wad of snot and boogers into this thing and then just fold it up and put it back in your pocket like nothing happened. Always thought that was so odd.

They were using it incorrectly. Hankys are for women. Men carry them around because women cry. Therefore, when they do you offer them your hanky. Last bit of chivalry that's been lost

They were using it incorrectly. Hankys are for women. Men carry them around because women cry. Therefore, when they do you offer them your hanky. Last bit of chivalry that's been lost

That just made me lol imagining a woman crying and some hick, here ma'am. She's wiping her eyes with snot thinking wtf???

That just made me lol imagining a woman crying and some hick, here ma'am. She's wiping her eyes with snot thinking wtf???

Lol that's the problem. You don't blow your nose in it. But some people do because they are weird and disgusting

Napkin? Who the hell uses that at the table to blow your nose? Just use the tablecloth...

That's grounds for divorce, just like farting at the table. :barf:

Its almost May. Who gets sick at this time of year?

You can blow your friends and you can blow your nose, but you can't blow your friend's nose. :dunno:

No and I rarely blow it at all, only when I am sick. I know people who just blow all day out of habit. You will see the bathroom garbage can full of snot rags at all times. Meanwhile I will go years without blowing my nose sometimes. I'm a big nosepicker tho and am constantly digging for gold, both for fun and nose cleansing.

In the Army, a black guy gave me grief for blowing my nose at the table so that's how I became conscious that people don't like that. I tired to stop, just squeeze my nose in the napkin or whatever. But then in China, people do it and don't mind, my wife has never complained, so I started not giving a fock again.

I have done it alot of times. A short quick burst...not some honking phlegm push. Sometimes the spicy kung pow causes some nose drippage and have to clean out the pipes. I also turn to the side and or back away from the table.

I honestly don't know; I don't think I ever consciously thought about it one way or another. :unsure:

I honestly don't know; I don't think I ever consciously thought about it one way or another. :unsure:

In the Army, a black guy gave me grief for blowing my nose at the table so that's how I became conscious that people don't like that. I tired to stop, just squeeze my nose in the napkin or whatever. But then in China, people do it and don't mind, my wife has never complained, so I started not giving a fock again.

You had to wait until you were in the army before you realized people don't like that..?? Are you on the spectrum?

You had to wait until you were in the army before you realized people don't like that..?? Are you on the spectrum?

No one ever noticed or cared. You first have to be around sissies before you get information on how not to offend them.

I like spicy food. It's something I've picked up since I've been in SW China for so long. So Despite having built up a great tolerance for ultra-spicy food over the years, it still makes my sinuses run such that, yesterday after I posted that, I ate another spicy meal, I realized I blew my nose twice at the dinner table.

No one ever noticed or cared. You first have to be around sissies before you get information on how not to offend them.

I like spicy food. It's something I've picked up since I've been in SW China for so long. So Despite having built up a great tolerance for ultra-spicy food over the years, it still makes my sinuses run such that, yesterday after I posted that, I ate another spicy meal, I realized I blew my nose twice at the dinner table.

I wouldn't say it's being a sissy to have good table manners. It's just good manners to not do that while people are eating. Same as not talking about things like vomit, sh1t, pus, piss, etc while people are eating

I wouldn't say it's being a sissy to have good table manners. It's just good manners to not do that while people are eating. Same as not talking about things like vomit, sh1t, pus, piss, etc while people are eating

That's another thing I learned in an Army cafeteria, although in this case, unlike going back to the nose blowing, I've kept up that one.

Then last year in this forearm, I found out why. I learned that I have aphantasia and that in people with normal to highly vivid imaginations, it can actually trigger smells and visions of that stuff which ruins their appetite, whereas me... no. I don't get that effect.

Really, like the blowing the nose bit, since things don't bother me, I have no way of predicting what'll bother sensitive people, the only way to find out is to stumble on them.

God, Parents much? What? If you fart at the table 2? Do you burp while making out? Just because nobody told you As a child that these were disgusting things?Wow.

Well like the other day, I used the word "folks" and someone took offense. I was like, WTF, I've been using that word all my life. The only way to find stuff out is to offend somebody and then be asked not to do it.

I did cut back/out the nose blowing thing for a long time after being told just the once although I thought that was a pain in the ass. I wanted to be polite and not offend. It's only now that I live in a culture that I know doesn't care, that I've since reverted back.

I have kept up the no poop talk at the table though, again, after just the one time of somebody complaining. Then that was further reinforced last year when I learned that in many if not most other people, it can trigger their imagination to visualize and smell offensive things which doesn't happen with me.

Having manners is considered sissy?

If I cared enough, I'd probably do well to take five minutes going over a bullet point list of this stuff.

Well like the other day, I used the word "folks" and someone took offense. I was like, WTF, I've been using that word all my life. The only way to find stuff out is to offend somebody and then be asked not to do it.

I did cut back/out the nose blowing thing for a long time after being told just the once although I thought that was a pain in the ass. I wanted to be polite and not offend. It's only now that I live in a culture that I know doesn't care, that I've since reverted back.

I have kept up the no poop talk at the table though, again, after just the one time of somebody complaining. Then that was further reinforced last year when I learned that in many if not most other people, it can trigger their imagination to visualize and smell offensive things which doesn't happen with me.

Folks doesn't offend me, it annoys me. Because I'm not a PC phag.

Well like the other day, I used the word "folks" and someone took offense. I was like, WTF, I've been using that word all my life.

I tend to ignore criticisms from useless trolls :dunno:

Out of curiosity why did they say the word "folks" offended them? I'm drawing a blank on how it could possibly be offensive

I tend to ignore criticisms from useless trolls :dunno:

Right, but your post is proof that you're not. PM me and I'll give you the heads up on what ignore means. Take care.

So, as much as I like Voltaire, Nobody had to tell me not to Fart at the table Or burp during make-out sessions. Most of us Either know that already or at least we're well raised.

Turns out, The best transition phase is from Detroit. Toclassless China.

After all, They are both third world countries.

I will however give him credit For his Classless honesty.

I actually ended up busting a server the other day over this. Maybe that's why it's more prevalent on my mind right now. Gee, you think that 8th of a millimeter Tissue paper will stop the fluid and snot and germs Before you Dip your hand in the ice well or serve something asbasic as a salt shaker?

God damn man, Where the f*** did you people grow up?

I actually ended up busting a server the other day over this. Maybe that's why it's more prevalent on my mind right now. Gee, you think that 8th of a millimeter Tissue paper will stop the fluid and snot and germs Before you Dip your hand in the ice well or serve something asbasic as a salt shaker?

God damn man, Where the f*** did you people grow up?

Was the server supposed to just let the snot roll down her face? :wacko:

Was the server supposed to just let the snot roll down her face? :wacko:

No, You watch your f****** hands afterwards. God damn it man, this is not that f****** hard. I don't care if you finger your taint As long as you wash your hands afterward. Why is this such a f****** rocket science to some of you?

So, as much as I like Voltaire, Nobody had to tell me not to Fart at the table Or burp during make-out sessions. Most of us Either know that already or at least we're well raised.

Turns out, The best transition phase is from Detroit. Toclassless China.

After all, They are both third world countries.

I will however give him credit For his Classless honesty.

It's true that I've never pretend to be anything other than white trash. But let's get something straight.

I grew up not inside city limits but in the white trash inner ring suburbs where we had nothing but hatred and contempt for Coleman Young's city of Detroit. My state senator was Gil Dinello who was the biggest 'Fock You' anti-Detroit, politician on the planet. He was the Macomb County Democrat that endorsed Reagan and made us the epicenter of the Reagan Democrat movement. Although never a Democrat, I did volunteer on Gil Dinello's campaigns.

ESPECIALLY when out to dinner at a restaurant and I leave my snot ridden napkin for them to clean up

my nose incessantly runs, sorry, deal with

ESPECIALLY when out to dinner at a restaurant and I leave my snot ridden napkin for them to clean up

That cocaine is a helluva drug. :(

That is such a lazy ass answer. What? If you have chronic diarrhea would you leave no matter how many times it took to take care of your s*** or would you just sit there and s*** yourself?