Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Corey Davis- ugh

Are u guys dropping him for waiver wire WRs with more upside at this point? Seems like their passing game is in shambles, admittedly with Mariota banged up.

Absolutely not. Last week Ramsey was on him, it was expected.

He had something like 15 targets week one , 5 catches week 2.

Things get easier now. He'll have a strong 2nd half. Huge talent

• Like 1

Are u guys dropping him for waiver wire WRs with more upside at this point? Seems like their passing game is in shambles, admittedly with Mariota banged up.

Yes I did.

I was pretty high on him, but I absolutely do not think MM is a legit franchise QB, which is not helping him. MM cannot throw open a WR to save his life. This isn't just because of his injury, it's how he has been since day one in the NFL. If they can't turn him around, he isn't going to be a long term starter in TN. For now, Davis is on my bench. He may stay there until he gets a QB. Targets don't matter if the QB isn't putting the ball where it needs to be.

I haven't seen a whole lot from Davis that tells me he is a star. Just not a fan of the TN pass game. How did Mike Vrabel even get a head coaching job? Didn't his defense finish last in the league in points last year?

How did Mike Vrabel even get a head coaching job? Didn't his defense finish last in the league in points last year?

Theyre 2-1 without a Top 20 QB, Im actually impressed.

Theyre 2-1 without a Top 20 QB, Im actually impressed.

They have a decent defense. This won't last at all though. Vrabel is probably another Fischer in waiting. He will never have an imaginative offense because he won't want one.

Man if he had a decent qb he would be great. They should probably start him at qb and have him throw it to himself

Hasn't Mariotta supported a serviceable WR for fantasy purposes before? Wasn't Matthews a WR2 before?

If the WRs don't suck, maybe one of them can become serviceable. Mariota has been really bad but i think he can normalize to just below average

Hasn't Mariotta supported a serviceable WR for fantasy purposes before? Wasn't Matthews a WR2 before?

If the WRs don't suck, maybe one of them can become serviceable. Mariota has been really bad but i think he can normalize to just below average

I think being below average is the best he is ever going to be able to hope for.

I think being below average is the best he is ever going to be able to hope for.

Yeah, he seemed to regress a bit honestly. But if he can get to where he was before, even though it is still subpar it can support a fantasy WR. Low ceiling for any of those WRs but one may become serviceable.

Exactly the kind of players I ignore

This sounds just like last year.......

People have two very strange lies they tell themselves about Davis last year.

Lie 1- He was hurt all year. This is blatantly false, he played 11 games, look it up. Thats a lot.

Lie 2- He looked great when he played. This is the opposite of the truth. He had like 350 0 in 11 games. Someone even told me he had great ypc, he was 77th.

Bonus lie- He looked phenomenal in the playoffs. Again, false. Gm1 garbage, like 30yds. Gm2 he had 2tds and 60yds. Big deal, so did Aldrick Robinson last night, sometimes guys score tds.

Look, for all I know he breaks out and is great. But the above lies Im just tired of hearing. Call him what he is until he isnt.

• Like 1

Hes off my team for Calvin Ridley and John Brown. There is no upside in Tennessee for the next few weeks and FF is a game of the present. Your stud can be done for the year at any moment. Play now.

I think Rivers is very good, and I don’t think Mariota is very good.

I think he’s a good Qb When Healthy, which is ?

Like with Jordy.

He will have a game here and there where he will shine.

But when? I can’t trust that.

I already let him go and picked up Boyd.

Like with Jordy.

He will have a game here and there where he will shine.

But when? I can’t trust that.

I already let him go and picked up Boyd.

Welcome to the NFL in 2018. Have fun finding enough players you can remotely trust to fill a lineup each week.

I'd love to play in a league where Corey davis' are dropped.

The guy is a rediculois talent and as I stated earlier, he will have a big 2nd half.

For those who held on, good for you....You just got yourself a possible WR1 late.....For those of you who dropped him, spend all your budget money and get him back.

• Like 1

No way in hell would I drop him, but I did bench him, sadly...

He won’t be a wr1.

I dropped Him glad I did, next week back to normal.

Boyd has been better and will continue to be so.

Guess I'm the only one who looks at targets? The first game he had 13 targets but the 4-hour rain delay and Marcus getting hurt threw him off. Game 2 Marcus didn't play so the game plan was to run the ball. In Game 3, Marcus came in mid-game after Gabbert was concussed but his elbow was still hurting and had no feeling in some of his fingers. Marcus still isn't 100% but was FP all week so I knew Davis would show up today. One more thing for you dummies who gave up on him so fast, he had 15 targets today. ROS he will be a Top 10-15 WR in scoring. That's pretty good since his ADP was #26 WR in PPR leagues.

He won’t be a wr1 or wr2 rest of the way.

• Like 1

He wont be a wr1 or wr2 rest of the way.

Your assessment of him actually digressed ^^^ after todays performance, explain. If youre not a believer, thats one thing but how can your opinion of him be lessened after today?

Your assessment of him actually digressed ^^^ after todays performance, explain. If youre not a believer, thats one thing but how can your opinion of him be lessened after today?

I believed in him when I drafted.

Took him in two of my four leagues.

Going into this weekend he had the lowest point total of any wr with 24 plus targets.

Now he had one big game, so what.

He was avg 5 points per game in non ppr, now thats important because Im in non ppr leagues.

So I dumped him.

And hes still available in both of those leagues, Im not buying.

So I dont see him being a wr1 nor even a wr2 rest of the way.

Wr3 yeah I can see that.

I mean he should be right?

Why do you think he will be a wr1 or a wr2 rest of the season?

If so, why?

• Like 1

Why do you think he will be a wr1 or a wr2 rest of the season?

If so, why?

If you assess him at a WR3, were not too far apart here...

I have him as a WR2, ppr.

WR1 is optimistic, as at least up until today he kinda had that 2017 Dede Westbrook kinda feel with the overhype being discussed about him.

Love his athleticism, his size, and upside. The key will obviously be Mariotta. Not only performance, but general health. Today, was a good day.

If you assess him at a WR3, were not too far apart here...

I have him as a WR2, ppr.

WR1 is optimistic, as at least up until today he kinda had that 2017 Dede Westbrook kinda feel with the overhype being discussed about him.

Love his athleticism, his size, and upside. The key will obviously be Mariotta. Not only performance, but general health. Today, was a good day.

Big diffrence in ppr and non ppr.

I’m sure you play in ppr leagues, I’m in non.

But would agree, Mariotta And his health and his ablity to play with injuries will be they key.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

• Like 1

The fact that he's available in leagues is a head scratcher.

Am I missing something here. I took him in the 6 round area in both my drafts.

Can someone please explain with some actual analysis on why you don't think he'll be a 1 or 2 WR. Because the numbers in terms of targets are there.

Was covered by Xavier Howard and jalen ramsey in 2 of those early games. Should be a stud when not covered by some of the best corners in the league, typical of most wrs.

• Like 2

Davis came in last year as the first WR being selected in rookie/dynasty drafts. meaning - he came in with the biggest potential to be a long term star.

obviously not much has happened since that time in terms of production. however, the talent is there.

so - he has his huge breakout game. obviously yet to be seen whether or not he builds on that and goes on to post good numbers the rest of the way or not. however the talent is there, and based on the targets, the opportunity is there. i would just say that TODAY is an awfully odd time to be down on Davis' potential.

• Like 1

Drafted Davis at 1.01 in a dynasty rookie draft last year.

Exotic smashmouth ruined his rookie year. Thought he was in for more of the same when Vrabel was hired, but have been surprised with Davis' targets and routes run.

Now its down to Mariotas health.