Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Teddy Bridgewater

I thought Bradford worked magic with Diggs and Thielen in that first game (and we now know the Saints aren't that porous a defense, after all) and see no reason why Bridgewater can't do the same. Rudolph has now been seeing the usage we expected from him on draft day, and McKinnon rounds it out for what could be an effective squad through the air.

I thought Bradford worked magic with Diggs and Thielen in that first game (and we now know the Saints aren't that porous a defense, after all) and see no reason why Bridgewater can't do the same. Rudolph has now been seeing the usage we expected from him on draft day, and McKinnon rounds it out for what could be an effective squad through the air.

I agree, his knee is a concern. But and a big but, if he is truly healthy, he was break out candidate 2016, now he have all the pieces in place and still only 24 years old.

I agree, his knee is a concern. But and a big but, if he is truly healthy, he was break out candidate 2016, now he have all the pieces in place and still only 24 years old.

Yes, I remember he played at a top QB level in that preseason.

There is the very real possibility that Bridgewater moves into the backup role to start out. for now, Keenum has won 3 in a row. Why change anything?

There is the very real possibility that Bridgewater moves into the backup role to start out. for now, Keenum has won 3 in a row. Why change anything?

I'm a bit stuck at QB with Rivers and Carr (on bye this week) and was giving some consideration to TeddyB. Pickings are so slim right now.

There is very LITTLE possibility that this happens. Keenum will be the backup starting week 11 assuming keenum does not get injured this week. Bridgewater was drafted as a franchise QB and still is. Keenum has been a good trent dilfer.

There is very LITTLE possibility that this happens. Keenum will be the backup starting week 11 assuming keenum does not get injured this week. Bridgewater was drafted as a franchise QB and still is. Keenum has been a good trent dilfer.

You mean a 2 time SB champion??

I think you over estimate Bridgewater's talent.

If keenum plays well and they continue to win he can keep the job. But if he struggles, could see Bridgewater.

You mean a 2 time SB champion??

I mean a game manager tasked with not focking up

2?

I guess he didn't win one with the Bucs... Sometimes I confuse him and Brad Johnson I guess...

Anybody who says Bridgewater is going to be the starter, please PM your cell so I can get some of what you're smoking.

Bridgewater hasn't taken a snap in almost 2 years. As a Vikings homer, I can tell you he was never anything special before he tore his knee to the point they thought he'd lose his leg (in a non-contact drill).

Case Keenum isn't Tom Brady, but he's not Tom Savage either. He absolutely lit up Tampa Bay a few weeks back when he had both Diggs and Thielen. Diggs has always had injury issues, especially his groin (shocking he's missed time again this year to a groin), but when healthy, he's top 10 talent. Diggs looks to be ready this week so I expect Keenum will play well again.

If the Vikings yank Keenum at the first sign of not producing, and put in Bridgewater, they are betting their entire season on him. If Bridgewater comes in and stinks it up, what do they do? Save face, or try to save the season and put Case back in? And at what cost in the lockerroom?

I have to imagine the Vikings team that's 6-2 likes where they're at. And wants to keep this going, whatever it may be. I'm not sold they're a solid contender when you factor in the Rams, Eagles and even Dallas, but they have a legit defense to keep them in any game.

No, I think those Teddy Bridgewater calls for starting are not going to happen. He'll be the backup QB to Case. Case has earned that job and will keep it as long as they continue to win.

• Like 1

Anybody who says Bridgewater is going to be the starter, please PM your cell so I can get some of what you're smoking.

Bridgewater hasn't taken a snap in almost 2 years. As a Vikings homer, I can tell you he was never anything special before he tore his knee to the point they thought he'd lose his leg (in a non-contact drill).

Case Keenum isn't Tom Brady, but he's not Tom Savage either. He absolutely lit up Tampa Bay a few weeks back when he had both Diggs and Thielen. Diggs has always had injury issues, especially his groin (shocking he's missed time again this year to a groin), but when healthy, he's top 10 talent. Diggs looks to be ready this week so I expect Keenum will play well again.

If the Vikings yank Keenum at the first sign of not producing, and put in Bridgewater, they are betting their entire season on him. If Bridgewater comes in and stinks it up, what do they do? Save face, or try to save the season and put Case back in? And at what cost in the lockerroom?

I have to imagine the Vikings team that's 6-2 likes where they're at. And wants to keep this going, whatever it may be. I'm not sold they're a solid contender when you factor in the Rams, Eagles and even Dallas, but they have a legit defense to keep them in any game.

No, I think those Teddy Bridgewater calls for starting are not going to happen. He'll be the backup QB to Case. Case has earned that job and will keep it as long as they continue to win.

I agree with you.

so long as the team keeps winning, he should keep starting.

you know the old saying... if it aint broke, don't fix it.

If Keenum was performing poorly, I'd say 'Yeah, Bridgewater will play as soon as he is ready' but that is not the case. (pardon the pun)

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer was noncommittal on Monday when asked about his starting quarterback for Week 11.

It's an interesting stance one day after Case Keenum turned in one of the best performances of his career, although he did throw two picks that kept the Redskins in the game. On Monday, Zimmer said he wouldn't name a starter until he spoke to the rest of the team. It sounds like there is a possibility the Vikings will turn to Bridgewater in the near future, if not Week 11 against the Rams.

Keenum is no game manager. He is the best back up in the league.

honestly, Keenum is a starting quality QB playing as a backup.

There are at least a couple starters on bad teams that dont deserve their starting jobs. Keenum is better than a fair number of those.

look at his stats. 8 Games played (note a couple of them were partial games where bradford played) almost 2000 yard passsing.

this puts him on pace for about 4000 yards 22 TD and 10 INT if you prorate it and adjust for the partial games played those numbers get a bit better.

That's solid starter numbers.

He has played at a level that you would not want to replace him.

certainly not for a player whose best season was 3200 passing yards, 14 TD and 9 INT.

I understand Bridgewater is still a young man and may have been still on the learning curve at the time he got hurt, but the kid has been out of football for some time. Do you really experiment with this when you are in a playoff run?

If I'm the coach I keep Keenum starting until he proves he cant get it done.

Bridgewater is a fine backup option in the event things dont work out.

No way can you start Bridgewater.

Only two numbers matter: 7-2

No way he's getting replaced.

Why is it even a question?

I had Keenum as my QB in all my Fanduel lineups but then I noticed that Bridgewater was the same price. $6000. I thought something was up and he was on a short leash so I yanked him. I plugged Brady in and did a reshuffle so it didn't kill me but I split 2 head to heads and I would have won both with Keenum.

I'm getting tired of that Fanduel crap.

Why is it even a question?

I had Keenum as my QB in all my Fanduel lineups but then I noticed that Bridgewater was the same price. $6000. I thought something was up and he was on a short leash so I yanked him. I plugged Brady in and did a reshuffle so it didn't kill me but I split 2 head to heads and I would have won both with Keenum.

I'm getting tired of that Fanduel crap.

I don't play Fanduel so maybe i'm missing something but how could Bridewater be $6000 when he wasn't even playing?

New fanduel game called sucker

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Vikings were "very tempted" to start Teddy Bridgewater this week against the Rams.

Case Keenum got the nod following his big Week 10 performance where he threw for 304 yards and four scores, so coach Mike Zimmer really couldn't go away from him for Week 11. However, it appears the leash is very short for Keenum, and he could be pulled at the first inkling of trouble. Per Glazer, the Vikings view Bridgewater "as their franchise," so they want to get him reps now that he's healthy. Keenum could easily get yanked versus the Rams' top-end defense.

I don't play Fanduel so maybe i'm missing something but how could Bridewater be $6000 when he wasn't even playing?

That would indicate that Fanduel figured there was about a 50-50 chance that he would start.

That's what that means.

Bridgewater wasnt even that great when he was starting and healthy to warrant this controversy...

Yeah, but I think he was a first round pick, so some people still think he's a great QB.

Apparently you have to suck for more than 2 years before people give up on you.

• Like 1

Yeah, but I think he was a first round pick, so some people still think he's a great QB.

Apparently you have to suck for more than 2 years before people give up on you.

I wasnt implying they should give up on him. But Keenum is winning games, and Bridgewater wasnt playing like a 1st round pick 2 years ago. IIRC he was captain checkdown who still managed to throw a lot of INTs.

The practice argument is idiotic too. So even if Bridgewater has been better than Keenum in practice...you still dont know how that will translate to actual game success. And Keenum is already proving he can win games.

Anyone that needs QB should grab him, he is expect to return in week 10. He should have good upside.

Look at his stats. He is a fantasy disaster!

No you were not, but I am.

first round pick, 2 crappy seasons. If he had a third, he'd be on the trash heap with all the other first round has beens.

some first rounders end up on the trash heap after 1 bad year.

What I wanna know is what makes this kid so special that he could suck 2 full years and still some people talk like he's gonna be the savior of the franchise.

I wont say it's not gonna happen. A small percentage of players are late bloomers, and he could be one. But I think the odds are against him. It is more likely he will be a career backup.

I wasnt implying they should give up on him.