What kind?

Sprite.

Nope. Pop in eastern south - like Maryland

Maryland aint the south. But ok. Maybe.

Mason Dixon line Babbbbyyyg

Maryland aint the south. But ok. Maybe.

It's south of New England

Mason Dixon line Babbbbyyyg

They didnt secede and are north of the capital of the north.

Them and Kentucky and Missouri are the weird border states between the south and the Midwest and Northeast respectively. We generally claim Kentucky and Missouri. But not Maryland. I dunno why really.

Nope. Pop in eastern south - like Maryland

Maryland was definitely not the Eastern South from what I have seen. I never once heard anyone call it pop, and I lived there for a total of 10 months.

On a side note, I always thought it was really odd how the south called all pop Coke. After thinking of it more, I guess it isnt that odd. We call all products under one grouping by the main brand name all the time. Kleenex, I need to google that, jet ski, jacuzzi, crock pot, breathalyzer, chapstick, zamboni.

Tell me where the Mason Dixon line is. Let's be specific on route 81

Go.

Where I live in Missouri it's called pop but travel 4 hours to St Louis and it's soda.

Soda.

I'm from Upstate NY right on the PA border (Binghamton). My wife is from Western NY (Rochester) and she calls it pop. Drives me nuts.

On a side note, I always thought it was really odd how the south called all pop Coke. After thinking of it more, I guess it isnt that odd. We call all products under one grouping by the main brand name all the time. Kleenex, I need to google that, jet ski, jacuzzi, crock pot, breathalyzer, chapstick, zamboni.

Proprietary eponyms :thumbsup:

You ever hear of the coke police?

In order to protect their trademark, they send people around with a briefcase with a machine in it or something. they order a coke. When the brown carbonated beverage is brought, they test it. If it is not in fact coke, lawsuit a coming.

Disney is another one. My dad used to be friends with a guy who ran a pawn shop. He had some Mickey Mouse jewelry for sale he got from a catalog. It wasnt legit, and he got sued by the mouse.

Other Regional linguistic keys:

Sneakers, water fountain, Firefly, casket.

I remember as a kid meeting some people from Texas and one of their kids asked where the commode was,I was like wtf?

I remember as a kid meeting some people from Texas and one of their kids asked where the commode was,I was like wtf?

Did you think he was talking about ice cream on pie and say Yummmmm. :wub:

Maryland was definitely not the Eastern South from what I have seen. I never once heard anyone call it pop, and I lived there for a total of 10 months.

Lifelong Marylander here, and we do not say "pop". Shots is way off on this one. :nono:

No one in America considers Maryland the freakin south except shotsy. I mean he IS drunk this weekend so theres that. But nowhere in the south is it ever *pop*. That sh1t is northern and Midwest. People around here call it coke, soda, or just by the Name of the drink. FYI no one can considers Florida the south. Its its own little place.

Lifelong Marylander here, and we do not say "pop". Shots is way off on this one. :nono:

I had family in Baltimore that I visited in 70's. They called it pop.

No one in America considers Maryland the freakin south except shotsy..

Dumb de dum dumb

Dumb de dum dumb

Youre acting like slonuts here. Everyone is telling you something and you wont admit it. Stop being a retard

Youre acting like slonuts here. Everyone is telling you something and you wont admit it. Stop being a retard

It's s fact. I don't give s Fock what "everybody" says. Maryland is the start of the south. Pop or not pop. That is my point.

Mason Dixon line. South.

It's s fact. I don't give s Fock what "everybody" says. Maryland is the start of the south. Pop or not pop. That is my point.

Mason Dixon line. South.

No its not. The south is Kentucky, Georgia, SC, NC, Alabama, West Virginia, Virginia, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and Texas. The Bible Belt is the TRUE south or Deep South. No one anywhere will tell you Maryland is the south. No one but you seems to think that. You can deny it all you want but youre wrong

No its not. The south is Kentucky, Georgia, SC, NC, Alabama, West Virginia, Virginia, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and Texas. The Bible Belt is the TRUE south or Deep South. No one anywhere will tell you Maryland is the south. No one but you seems to think that. You can deny it all you want but youre wrong

West Virginia isn't the south...

Shaddup Ponyboy

Very literally of you Christopher

Wrong again loser.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MasonDixon_line