Sign in to follow this  
manola

Trade rookie draft pick for Gates?

Hi,

I've been offered Antonio Gates for the #8 overall pick in our rookie draft this year.

Our league doesn't require you to start a TE, so Gates is just used as a WR, though a pretty good one.

Do you think I should trade #8 overall for this oversized WR?

Send me a link to your questions.

Thanks.

I think you should. Who are you starting WRs right now & what is your scoring system? I doubt that a #8 rookie will post Gates-like numbers. Rivers will lean heavily on both LT & Gates.

I would not give up the draft pick for Gates if you don't start a TE. He is only a top 30 receiver in those circumstances and there is always a chance you could land a good young RB with your draft pick. If you started a TE I would do it, but not with the league rules you have now.

I would not give up the draft pick for Gates if you don't start a TE. He is only a top 30 receiver in those circumstances and there is always a chance you could land a good young RB with your draft pick. If you started a TE I would do it, but not with the league rules you have now.

Uhh....

Antoinio Gates #6 in Receptions. LINK

1. Steve Smith

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Anquan Boldin

4. Torry Holt

5. Chad Johnson

6. Antonio Gates

He is 14th in yardage. LINK

And he is 5th in TDs LINK

I don't think Antonio Gate is top-30 material.

Hi,

I've been offered Antonio Gates for the #8 overall pick in our rookie draft this year.

Our league doesn't require you to start a TE, so Gates is just used as a WR, though a pretty good one.

Do you think I should trade #8 overall for this oversized WR?

Send me a link to your questions.

Thanks.

Manola,

Supply your scoring rules and I'll give you an answer as well.

I agree, if you're in ppr/yardage league I might go with Gates. There are question marks about Rivers, but he's and intelligent kid and it didn't take a dummy to see what Gates and Brees did. The other thing you might do is speculate as to whom you might get with that 8th pick. I don't think there are that many rookies who have stellar first years. I know that a few RBs usually get to 1000 yards, but in some ways it can be a trapshoot. I vote take Gates and throw him the ball all day.

Depends on your needs.

Do you need help at WR? If yes, take Gates, as he is instant help and rookie WR's are 2-3 years away.

Do you need help at RB? If yes, keep the pick and hope White falls. If not, take Norwood at 8

Do you need help at QB? If yes, keep the pick and take Young or Cutler at 8.

Enjoy!

Yes you should do it...proven players if given up solely for the pick are a steal in these dynasty leagues...your not going to get Bush, Maroney, Williams or even leinert around then so do it

Not knowing your roster needs or scoring system, I would keep Gates. The #8 rookie likely won't make an impact for you like Gates will.

Good luck! :D

Do it for sure.He will be better than anyone you could get in the rookie draft