Sign in to follow this  
Disposable Hero

RBBC approach?

Beacuse of so many RB's being protected in our league this year (14 team/salary cap league), RBBC may be the only way I can get by this year at the RB position, using a combo as my RB#2, we need to start 2 and there's no flex.

In the case of the first 4 combo's Foster/Benson/C.Brown/Rhodes are all being protected so I'd have to snag the other player with my 1.08 pick and hope that I can trade for one of the other above RB's, most likely offering a 2nd round pick(extra one that I have). In the 3 combo's these players will most likely be there at 1.08 but in the case of Dillon/Maroney I may have to draft the rookie before the starter because we have a rookie rule in our league where we can protect 1 rookie cap free the following year(we protect by a salary cap limit), so rookie RB's go early and are usually not dealt.

Foster/Williams

T.Jones/Benson

C.Brown/White

Rhodes/Addai

Dillon/Maroney

Martin/Houston

Taylor/G.Jones

Which combo would you want for 2006 and why? Thanks in advance. :first:

I would take Curtis Martin. Everyone is leaning against the guy and everytime they do he blows up, see 2004 for example. I think that Martin will have a solid season especially with the return of 2 decent QB's and Oline additions. His backups wont see as many carries as other backups (less comptetion) and his handcuffs can be had several round later inthe draft.

PLease see mine http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=213719

Beacuse of so many RB's being protected in our league this year (14 team/salary cap league), RBBC may be the only way I can get by this year at the RB position, using a combo as my RB#2, we need to start 2 and there's no flex.

In the case of the first 4 combo's Foster/Benson/C.Brown/Rhodes are all being protected so I'd have to snag the other player with my 1.08 pick and hope that I can trade for one of the other above RB's, most likely offering a 2nd round pick(extra one that I have). In the 3 combo's these players will most likely be there at 1.08 but in the case of Dillon/Maroney I may have to draft the rookie before the starter because we have a rookie rule in our league where we can protect 1 rookie cap free the following year(we protect by a salary cap limit), so rookie RB's go early and are usually not dealt.

Foster/Williams

T.Jones/Benson

C.Brown/White

Rhodes/Addai

Dillon/Maroney

Martin/Houston

Taylor/G.Jones

Which combo would you want for 2006 and why? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Foster/Williams4

T.Jones/Benson3

C.Brown/White5

Rhodes/Addai1

Dillon/Maroney2

Martin/Houston6

Taylor/G.Jones7

Which combo would you want for 2006 and why? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

The easiest thing to do may be the Dillon/Maroney acquisition. I think it works for you because it's highly probable Maroney will be the starter by 2007. In 2006 I believe Dillon will do enough to remain the starter, but Maroney will impress to the point that the Pats let Dillon go (especially when he starts telling everyone how much longer he feels he can be on top of his game and start for a team).

Martin/Houston? I just think the o-line is just okay and the QB situation looks so up in the air that I'd be skeptical. Taylor looks like he's working his butt off to keep this job. He's a year removed from an injury that bugged him into last year, but I think Jones and Jones-Drew will also factor into the Jacksonville equation.

If I were to rank it based on the last 3 combos: Dillon/Maroney, Martin/Houston, Taylor/Jones.

If it were based solely on who I like? See the numbers above...

Now I have the 1.08 pick and I'll only have Rudi at RB but will have CJ/Fitz at WR and Shockey at TE. We start 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, would you pass on a RB eventhough there is not much left and take Peyton Manning or Marvin Harrison if they slid to me?

Rhodes/Addai is who I would take.(Not over Mannin/Harrison though,if they fall to you)

Rhodes will get a shot at the begining of the season.If he stays healthy,he will be decent.Who has more upside than Addai???He'll get worked in towards the end of the year,and be ready to take over next year.May be gold for keeper next season.The RB in Indy is always good to have.IMO