Sign in to follow this  
jenkins

Minn WR

Looking at most preseason rankings, Thielen is ranked higher than Diggs. What's everyone's thoughts on this? I figured Diggs would be set for a pretty big year. Thielen is probably more consistent on a week to week basis.

Would you rather have Thielen or Diggs in PPR?

I had Thielen last lear and would rather have him this year. he's a PPR Monster.

I think the ball will be spread around enough that neither will put up top 5 numbers, but I think Diggs will be the WR to own.

The more talented Cousins should be better able to take advantage of Diggs' athletic abilities than Keenum did.

This is likely going to boil down to if Diggs can stay off the injury report. His splits when he appears on the injury reports versus when he doesn't are dramatic.

I think the ball will be spread around enough that neither will put up top 5 numbers, but I think Diggs will be the WR to own.

The more talented Cousins should be better able to take advantage of Diggs' athletic abilities than Keenum did.

I dont think Diggs is any more athletic than Thielen. Similar guys really.

Ill take Thielen for health. Otherwise pretty much splitting hairs and may depend who Counsins takes more a liking to. But tie breaks with health.

As a Diggs owner the last two years it is because of health. Diggs seems to be effected by soft tissue injuries too often.

I own him too. and I agree.

I think Diggs is the better receiver when healthy.

problem with Diggs is he has trouble staying healthy. I'm sure he will put it all together at some point. If I knew he would be healthy all year long I'd draft him as a WR1 and I wouldnt have concerns about it. But we have no guarantees on his health, so I think you move him down your board a little and if you can get him as a WR2 you should be happy. you get your WR2 production overall (most likely) and you will have some WR1 upside when he is healthy.

Thoughts now that preseason has started. Diggs with 3 quick catches and TD on first drive. Sign of things to come? Or Thielen still preferred at a 0.5 ppr?

Thoughts now that preseason has started. Diggs with 3 quick catches and TD on first drive. Sign of things to come? Or Thielen still preferred at a 0.5 ppr?

Great question.

Diggs does indeed have the better upside.

But he does seem too get banged up a lot.

Thielen just seems like a safer pick.

Right now I have Diggs ranked two spots higher.

But!

Last season, Thielen gets 9 targets a game, Diggs gets 7. Diggs is a low level 2, with the upside to be a high level 2. Thielen is a mid 1.

Tough call and harder than it seems. Diggs for sure has upside but Theilan is safer and seems to have a higher floor. I’m not much of a Diggs fan myself. Theilan also isn’t some slow jerk, he’s actually talented and can make something of his catches.

I think Cousins is going too have a really big season.

• Like 2

I personally think Diggs is going to have a pro bowl season with cousins. I would put him in my top 10.

I've had both in 2016 and 2017. Kept Diggs last year and can't keep him again. Keeping Thielen because he's much cheaper in my auction league for me to keep than Michael Thomas. After that preseason game I moved Diggs ahead of Thielen in my rankings. Everyone is correct about Diggs having been injured hurting his production when playing or completely missing games the last two years. I'll try and draft Diggs again.

Explaining a preference for Thielen because he had more targets or any other factors last years does not apply when there's a new QB in town who may have different preferences than the old one. Thinking that old injuries have anything to do with current or future health for any player makes no sense.

I'll take Diggs but I can see both sides, as both players are excellent. I just don't buy the injury issue or the angle of who had more targets last year with a different QB.

Thielen has been better the past two seasons so that's good enough reason to rank him higher

Give me Rudolph... Double digit TD season going to get served up by Cousins