Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

PMA: Top Ten Rookies for 2017

Kamara seems a little high and I think more rec then I think he will have.

It's a great job great read thanks a lot.

For me it starts and stops at mixon. He is going to be a beast.

I would agree Kilroy, problem I have is with the Bengals coaching staff to use him in a role that will allow him to beast.

With Hill still on the team he is going to steal goal line and short yardage work.

If J Ross can stay healthy where would you rank him for this season ?

And how about J Williams of the Packers, I think he can over take Ty Montgomery has the Packers rb1 how about you?

Thank you.

I see Ross as a deep streak decoy for Cincy. He'll get some passes, and might make some big splash home run plays. However, his main function will be to pull coverage away from Green and keep safeties honest so the running backs have some room to run if they break through to the 2nd level.

M Jones type number when he was with the Bengals?

M Jones type number when he was with the Bengals?

I could see that, though it's not very helpful for fantasy purposes

For me it starts and stops at mixon. He is going to be a beast.

I agree he could beast. But that's an absurdly crowded backfield. Next year maybe. This year is messy.

Perrine for the Skins will be in most of my rosters and I usually shy away from Skins. He's going to be named the starter for week 1.

Kamara seems a little high and I think more rec then I think he will have.

It's a great job great read thanks a lot.

Thanks.

I moved Kamara up about three spots about a day or two before submitting the article. The Saints' backfield has recorded at least 127 catches every year since 2010, and I don't see Ingram/Peterson combining for 70. If Cadet sticks around and Kuhn steals a few, then maybe Kamara ends up around 40 receptions IMO.

I agree he could beast. But that's an absurdly crowded backfield. Next year maybe. This year is messy.

Perrine for the Skins will be in most of my rosters and I usually shy away from Skins. He's going to be named the starter for week 1.

Agree with this. I also like Kareem Hunt to get most of the big work by years end in KC. The Fat Man likes dynamic playmakers at RB. Hunt also does not fumble. In the Chiefs ball control, mis-direction offense that's critical.

Think Hunt will take the job early.

Agree no Rookie landed in the perfect situation this season.

I hear you guys buy gio is going to be sidelined into camp at best. And hill is ineffective to say the least. By the end of camp Hill we will be traded.

Based on?

You doubted the almighty Kilroy on kaep. Wanna do it again with mixon?

You are not the Almighty, not even close.

Second you said that Hill would be traded, now that's what I'm interested in?

Problem I have about Kaep isnt the same problem you have with him. You don't think he can play, I do, but his problem is that he's being black balled.

But he's still better than some of the lists back up Qbs.

I already know about Mixon.

Now back to Hill what makes you say he will be traded the end of camp? What do you base that statement on?

Hahahaha. I ammmmm the almighty. Ok not really.

Here is what I project to happen. Because really that's all were doing. I think that mixon wows especially in the passing role and it becomes evident he is the best rb all around and hill is just so terrible they will trade him for a 49th rounder and a bag of cheese

What type of cheese?

Mixon, Hunt, and Perrine are all on my radar. My primary league has 2 huge Bengals fans. So, while I was hoping to get Mixon as a RB2 on the cheap, I don't think it will happen. I'll be watching all three closely when camps open.

What type of cheese?

the spray kind. Not even the good kind either. Something you find dented at Aldi.

the spray kind. Not even the good kind either. Something you find dented at Aldi.

Ugh.

They make spray cheese in a bag?

I don't see Kamara being that involved. He'll get some pt and make a few splash plays, but AP is going to beast. With safeties cheating up, Brees will burn them. Then, the safeties will cheat back and AP will get his. The Saints offense should be very dynamic this year.

Michael Thomas should be a top 5 WR.

I don't see Kamara being that involved. He'll get some pt and make a few splash plays, but AP is going to beast. With safeties cheating up, Brees will burn them. Then, the safeties will cheat back and AP will get his. The Saints offense should be very dynamic this year.

Michael Thomas should be a top 5 WR.

I get the love for AP ... I do. But I'm curious as to what makes you think Payton is going to essentially feature him.

Since Payton arrived, there have been three instances of a RB going over 200 carries (Deuce McAllister once and Ingram twice). Over that same time, New Orleans has averaged 409 rushing attempts.

Also, New Orleans running backs haven't combined for fewer than 127 catches in any season since 2010. If we believe that will continue in 2017, where will all of those catches go?

If I had to bet, AP will lead the backfield with roughly 180 carries if he stays healthy for all 16 games. If he can turn that into 1,000-plus yards and 10 TDs, more power to him.

IMO you're comparing average backs to a special back. I believe the Saints offensive line is good enough to get AP to the second level often enough. This will enable him to unleash his tackle breaking ability. The coaches see that and will gain confidence in giving him the ball again and again. Now, this won't happen every game. There will be some games where AP doesn't dominate with 20+ carries. That's fine.

I guess the point is that often in the past the Saints HAD to use a short passing game to the backs to move the chains. This year, on 3rd and 4, they'll be able to hand it off with confidence that AP can get that first down. AP would also be huge in regard to milking a lead. Something the Saints running backs in the past have not been very successful at.

IMO you're comparing average backs to a special back. I believe the Saints offensive line is good enough to get AP to the second level often enough. This will enable him to unleash his tackle breaking ability. The coaches see that and will gain confidence in giving him the ball again and again. Now, this won't happen every game. There will be some games where AP doesn't dominate with 20+ carries. That's fine.

I guess the point is that often in the past the Saints HAD to use a short passing game to the backs to move the chains. This year, on 3rd and 4, they'll be able to hand it off with confidence that AP can get that first down. AP would also be huge in regard to milking a lead. Something the Saints running backs in the past have not been very successful at.

Didn't the Saints just lose their left tackle for a significant amount of time?

Didn't the Saints just lose their left tackle for a significant amount of time?

True, and we don't know if he'll be back in Oct or not until Dec, but the other 4 guys are all solid.

For me it comes down to the first game. If AP looks dominant and is going nuts they will have to feature him. The entire football universe will praise his addition to the team.

If he is merely above average he won't get the ball to a great degree.

• Like 1

I truly think it's going to be a RBBC.

I can see Peterson being the feature Rb early on.

And Ingram getting more and more work in the running game as the season goes on.

I still like Ingram over Peterson in a ppr scoring system.

Ingram is coming off his best season and I don't see him only being used in the passing game.

And his passing game skills I think tops Peterson.

The one thing that I keep thinking about concerning Peterson is his age.

If Adrian Peterson is still Adrian Peterson, then he will be starting RB and get a lot of carries.

No way Mark Ingram wins out.

If he's still A Peterson is the question and for how long into the season can or will he be able to maintain it.

I agree theirs no way Ingram wins out, but he's the one to own in a ppr league.

And as the season goes on I truly see a RBBC taking place and Ingram being the better of the two in the passing game he's my target.

The better Peterson looks in the preseason the better Value I will get on Ingram in my ppr leagues.