Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

NCAA Yahoo bracket Pool

Spartans likely were underseeded, due to their early struggles, but they have come on of late for sure, they were mostly lucky that Justin Anderson was not 100%. They were even more lucky when nova got beat, but Louisville is still out there, and will not lose to NC State, nor to Mich St. In the end the Spartans are still from the Big 10 and their travel does find them playing the same level talent as exists in the ACC.

I expect them to beat Oklahoma, perhaps in OT, but no way can they defeat a team like Louisville.

Luck of draw, I also think they got screwed a few years ago when had to play Ville early (elite 8 I think), when they went on to win the National Champion. Also lost last year to National Champion in UCONN.

I heard many say they wouldn't get past VA this year either. Still two games for that to happen. There is nothing that scares me about Ville and the Spartans matching up against them.

The B1G competition may not be as good, but the Spartans always play their share of big boys out of conference.

The B1G competition may not be as good, but the Spartans always play their share of big boys of of conference.

I at least anticipate that it will be a good game, decent play, fun to watch.

Coaching matters in the tournament. Pretty much the same guys get there year after year. I usually lock Sparty in to the sweet 16 simply because of Izzo. Thought they were a bit down this year and thought UVA would be up for the rematch.

Sparty just knows how to win in March....and that's all on Izzo.

Think this is going to be a great tourney because of UK. They're awesome and what they're trying to accomplish is amazing in today's game. But the effort they're going to see from opponents.....all of whom play good defense (except ND) and have good coaches. Gonna be a good end to this tourney.

The Spartans wound up a 7 from the combination of a few real bad losses and only one win against a team that earned a protected seed (4 seed Maryland).

The Spartans wound up a 7 from the combination of a few real bad losses and only one win against a team that earned a protected seed (4 seed Maryland).

they also played very good basketball besides a bad OT loss to Minnesota the last month of the season. Easily should have been a 6 maybe even a 5 seed. One missed call in the B1G from winning that too.

Like I said it fucks up the other teams that have to face them more than the Spartans.

Chris Webber and Marv Albert broadcast team...so, if Marv tries to bite the sideline reporter, Chris will be there to call time out?

shocking im in 2nd place. All I have to do is pick MSU every year to beat you guys.

Easy peasy

you realize you're basically done, right?

I don't know much about college basketball. I haven't seen a game in fourteen years. My strategy was to pick Kentucky to win, take Michigan State as far as I could until they met Kentucky, then sprinkle in upsets along the way where teams from the midwest beat teams from the inferior regions of the country (east, west, south). I only picked Duke to win the south region because there weren't any midwestern teams in that bracket strong enough to beat them.

I don't know much about college basketball. I haven't seen a game in fourteen years. My strategy was to pick Kentucky to win, take Michigan State as far as I could until they met Kentucky, then sprinkle in upsets along the way where teams from the midwest beat teams from the inferior regions of the country (east, west, south). I only picked Duke to win the south region because there weren't any midwestern teams in that bracket strong enough to beat them.

i think we picked the same final. kentucky vs mich state

MSU is going to be eliminated because of poor FT shooting down the stretch. The least surprising development of the tournament.

NOPE. UL with the counter-choke.

Need Puke to win to have correctly called the Final Four.

I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

lay it on me

you know, other than the fact that the best i can do is 2nd because Duke won today. but im thinking you were referring to michigan state losing :wave:

lay it on me

you know, other than the fact that the best i can do is 2nd because Duke won today. but im thinking you were referring to michigan state losing :wave:

Yup, Louisville was more flaccid in the second half than their head coach. :lol:

Somehow, all I need to win is for Duke to beat Michigan State. :first:

Somehow, all I need to win is for Duke to beat Michigan State. :first:

I think the Wisconsin guy can catch us too and maybe the guy who takes Duke to win.

I think the Wisconsin guy can catch us too and maybe the guy who takes Duke to win.

You may be right, I've got my kentucky blinders on

You may be right, I've got my kentucky blinders on

I filled in the bracket in a kind of unserious way since I don't follow college basketball at all anymore. But I sure am kicking myself now that I didn't take Puke at this point.

I filled in the bracket in a kind of unserious way since I don't follow college basketball at all anymore. But I sure am kicking myself now that I didn't take Puke at this point.

Seriously you are like Rain Man on these things. Next time you come to the US let me know and I'll buy you a suit and take you to Vegas. :cheers:

Cool Final Four stat..

Number of vacated wins among Final Four coaches:

K: 0

Izzo: 0

Ryan: 0

Calipari: 44

:lol:

:wall:

My self esteem has shot through the roof with this win!! :first: