Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Jay Cutler autograph football gets ZERO bids at auction for charity.

I know the guy sucks ass, but that is focking brutal. Wonder if that will make him retire.

Someone did end up with the football. Evidently an anonymous bidder offered a hundred bucks for it after the auction was closed.

The guy is clearly a douche, you can sense it from his body language after observing him for about 1 minute. If the NFL didn't over protect QB's he would be out if the league by now due to the beatings he would take.

I have a different perspective on Cutler because, like my daughter, he is a Type 1 diabetic. When my daughter was diagnosed 4+ years ago, about a million times the hospital staff mentioned him and Gary Hall, Jr (the olympic swimmer) as examples of reaching elite athlete status. But it is very rare. Ron Santo was another one.

Yeah he's a doosh. So was Hall. Also I know that the varying blood sugar levels cause you to feel like varying degrees of crap all of the time. Oh well, I'm not going to change any opinions. :)

I have a different perspective on Cutler because, like my daughter, he is a Type 1 diabetic. When my daughter was diagnosed 4+ years ago, about a million times the hospital staff mentioned him and Gary Hall, Jr (the olympic swimmer) as examples of reaching elite athlete status. But it is very rare. Ron Santo was another one.

Yeah he's a doosh. So was Hall. Also I know that the varying blood sugar levels cause you to feel like varying degrees of crap all of the time. Oh well, I'm not going to change any opinions. :)

Dude, keep going. Cutler is kinda like a legend around here because he played High School football not too far down the road from us. I think he only lost one game in high school. He took his team to a title and perfect season his senior year. Folks are shtting all over him over this. Maybe I can share your story and give them a different perspective. :)

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting. Are you suggesting he has some physical issue that is causing him to suck? Most people I've heard discuss his issues think he just makes bad decisions mentally. As a Denver resident and fan, I can say that most people here don't think he had physical issues but mental ones. Also realize we're talking about on the football field. No one would care that he is a doosh if he won Super Bowls. So, can you clarify? Are you just giving him a pass for not being an elite QB because he deals with Diabetes? What is your "different" perspective?

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting. Are you suggesting he has some physical issue that is causing him to suck? Most people I've heard discuss his issues think he just makes bad decisions mentally. As a Denver resident and fan, I can say that most people here don't think he had physical issues but mental ones. Also realize we're talking about on the football field. No one would care that he is a doosh if he won Super Bowls. So, can you clarify? Are you just giving him a pass for not being an elite QB because he deals with Diabetes? What is your "different" perspective?

I was primarily suggesting that I understand why he can be moody. But yeah, to achieve elite athletic status is extremely impressive. As I've said in my blurbs in past JDRF threads, when your blood sugar is high it is like you have the flu. When it is low it is like you are drunk. And Type 1's spend their entire lives yoyoing between those two feelings.

That being said, is any of this why he isn't an elite QB? I can't say. I'm merely saying that knowing what I know, I'm impressed that he has accomplished what he has. :cheers:

He gets to go home to Kristin Cavalleri every day, so he wins....

Jay’s senior year was one for the record books. He led Heritage Hills to a 15-0 mark and the state championship. The Patriots averaged an astounding 51.4 points a game. Jay completed 60 percent of his passes for 2,252 yards and 31 touchdowns. He ran for 493 yards and six more scores. He also returned six kicks, an interception and a fumble all the way. Jay was named first team All-State and the Indiana Offensive Player of the Year.

His best moment came in the state semi-finals against Roncalli High School. Nursing a sore sprained ankle, Jay picked off three passes and handled the offense from the shotgun. Heritage Hills won easily.

Enjoy the football, skids. :shocking:

Wasn't me, but I'd give $100 to charity for a Cutler signed football. :dunno:

Honestly I would have given $100 for it even if I'm not a fan personally. It's for charity and I'm a sports fan so I wouldn't mind having the autographed football. It would by no means be my most cherished sports possession but I'd still keep it

Honestly I would have given $100 for it even if I'm not a fan personally. It's for charity and I'm a sports fan so I wouldn't mind having the autographed football. It would by no means be my most cherished sports possession but I'd still keep it

Those on the receiving end of his many INT's concur. Trophy cases for those in the league a year like them also.

Assuming it's an official NFL ball, the list price is $110. So basically the guy got $10 off for having Cutler's autograph on it.

• Like 1

I've always found Cutler to be a surly, disengaged idiot. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Hopefully, he gets the hint and realizes that people don't like him.

Thanks for sharing (seriously) :cheers:

I've always assumed it would be pretty hard to be diabetic and yet do everything you need to do in the pros. He probably does deserve some sympathy for this. It'd help him out if he would speak up more about it but then again it could look like he's using his illness as an excuse for everything.

He gets to go home to Kristin Cavalleri every day, so he wins....

In terms of hotness, yes. However she seems like a wretched human being :dunno:

In terms of hotness, yes. However she seems like a wretched human being :dunno:

I won't discount that she likely is, but to be fair, aren't most women selfish coonts anyway? If you are going to put up with them, they might as well be hot....

Also, no matter how hot she is, somwhere.....right now....somone is sick of her sh!t

http://es.pn/1DUyQQf

CHICAGO -- The president of the Anti-Cruelty Society said on Monday the public relations hit taken by Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler after a football signed by Cutler did not receive a bid at the organization's charity auction last month is unfortunate.

"I am appalled at the negativity this has generated," Dr. Robyn Barbiers said in an e-mail to ESPN.com.

The Chicago Tribune reported on Friday that a Cutler autographed football obtained by the Anti-Cruelty Society failed to generate a single bid during a charity event that featured an auction and fashion show on March 26. An anonymous bidder eventually donated $100 in exchange for the football after the event had concluded.

"The person said they wanted the football for their son's birthday, and that the son was a Jay Cutler fan," Dr. Barbiers said.

Dr. Barbiers said she doesn't believe the lack of bids on the Cutler football correlates to the quarterback's popularity, or lack thereof.

"A fashion show isn't usually a sports type crowd and that is why we assumed the football didn't get a bid," Dr. Barbiers said. "We never thought it was because of who signed it."

Dr. Barbiers added: "The Anti-Cruelty Society is disappointed in the negativity as we encourage compassion and respect for all and are against all, including bullying. We truly believe the football did not receive bids due to the crowd simply not being sports enthusiasts."

Although a polarizing figure in Chicago and in NFL circles, Cutler is a frequent contributor to charitable causes.

Cutler started the Jay Cutler foundation in 2009 after the quarterback was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at the age of 24. The Cutler foundation's mission statement is to help children with diabetes learn how they can overcome the disease.

Cutler also donated a large sum of money to the Jackie Robinson West little league baseball program in the summer of 2014.

CHICAGO -- The president of the Anti-Cruelty Society said on Monday the public relations hit taken by Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler after a football signed by Cutler did not receive a bid at the organization's charity auction last month is unfortunate.

"I am appalled at the negativity this has generated," Dr. Robyn Barbiers said in an e-mail to ESPN.com.

The Chicago Tribune reported on Friday that a Cutler autographed football obtained by the Anti-Cruelty Society failed to generate a single bid during a charity event that featured an auction and fashion show on March 26. An anonymous bidder eventually donated $100 in exchange for the football after the event had concluded.

"The person said they wanted the football for their son's birthday, and that the son was a Jay Cutler fan," Dr. Barbiers said.

Dr. Barbiers said she doesn't believe the lack of bids on the Cutler football correlates to the quarterback's popularity, or lack thereof.

"A fashion show isn't usually a sports type crowd and that is why we assumed the football didn't get a bid," Dr. Barbiers said. "We never thought it was because of who signed it."

Dr. Barbiers added: "The Anti-Cruelty Society is disappointed in the negativity as we encourage compassion and respect for all and are against all, including bullying. We truly believe the football did not receive bids due to the crowd simply not being sports enthusiasts."

Although a polarizing figure in Chicago and in NFL circles, Cutler is a frequent contributor to charitable causes.

Cutler started the Jay Cutler foundation in 2009 after the quarterback was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at the age of 24. The Cutler foundation's mission statement is to help children with diabetes learn how they can overcome the disease.

Cutler also donated a large sum of money to the Jackie Robinson West little league baseball program in the summer of 2014. [\quote]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I believe there were several other items that did not get a bid as well. At least that is what it said in the report I read.

Cutler also donated a large sum of money to the Jackie Robinson West little league baseball program in the summer of 2014. [\quote]

Interesting, I didn't realize he wasn't diagnosed until 24. So basically he became an NFL QB before he got diabetes. Guess I can cross him off the list of athletes who achieved athletic greatness with it. :dunno:

Assuming it's an official NFL ball, the list price is $110. So basically the guy got $10 off for having Cutler's autograph on it.

Sounds about right. :dunno:

Does anyone else find it funny that when they were dishing out uniform numbers, Cutler picked six?