Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyUtah007

Suggestions for a new website - sick of CBS

I'm the Commish of a 12 team league that's been using CBS for 9 years. We're fed up with CBS' scoring glitches, $150 cost, website failing, and crappy new interface. We're looking for a solid new host site, preferably for free, with tons of customization options and reliable live scoring. Specifically, we want to be able to do free agent pickups at any time (first come, first serve) after each night's FAAB run. Currently on CBS, if you use a FAAB system, they don't let you pick up free agents any time you want after waivers clear.....it's only once a day using the auction system. That blows. I've heard nightmare stories of owners with vulgar team names being booted off Yahoo with no warning, so that won't work for our league. And I've heard ESPN also has the same FAAB limitations as CBS. So, does anyone have any good recommendations? Customization is key.

I'm sure I won't be the only one to suggest this but try MFL. Highly customizable to unique scoring settings. Just not sure their policy on vulgar team names.

In several dynasty leagues with many FFT vets & it works great.

I'm the Commish of a 12 team league that's been using CBS for 9 years. We're fed up with CBS' scoring glitches, $150 cost, website failing, and crappy new interface.

Amen.....HATE what they have become.

CBS is so bad. The top-line menu bar, setting lineup, add/drop, trading pages are almost impossible to use on a mobile device and annoying on a computer.

(Have to use the mobile app instead of accessing the webpage on mobile).

And they've got the same new interface for their basketball leagues... but basketball leagues aren't on their mobile app :doh:

If you go MFL (they don't care about vulgarity), make sure to select one of their newer skins for your page background.

Some people are lazy and still using some skin designed in 1998... when it only takes seconds to change it... then complain it looks old !

i think im the only one who prefers nfl dot com for fantasy

Yes.... yes you are.

I haven't played in a league there for 4 years so maybe it's improved. But I doubt they allow NC-17 rated team names.

I can not stand Myfantasyleague.com. We have been on it for 5 years or so and I'm considering leaving the league because the site sucks so bad for free agent and waiver wire transactions. CBS is worse overall but not by much. I don't get why ESPN doesn't get more love here; it's free and pretty customizable, a good deal in my book.

I can not stand Myfantasyleague.com. We have been on it for 5 years or so and I'm considering leaving the league because the site sucks so bad for free agent and waiver wire transactions. CBS is worse overall but not by much. I don't get why ESPN doesn't get more love here; it's free and pretty customizable, a good deal in my book.

Would be interested to hear the details of your FA & WW issues.

Ditto to all the crap that was mentioned about CBS website, they do suck. We switched there a few years ago, now ready to move on, they're clueless, don't feel like rehashing everything here. ESPN, Yahoo and MFL are few I'll be looking at.

Again, can anyone who uses Yahoo or ESPN confirm whether or not when you use a FAAB system, if you can still make free agent adds anytime during the day after the nightly FAAB runs?

Again, can anyone who uses Yahoo or ESPN confirm whether or not when you use a FAAB system, if you can still make free agent adds anytime during the day after the nightly FAAB runs?

2 leagues on Yahoo. Waivers run Tuesday night (early wed morning) through blind bidding. 1st come 1st served starts after the waiver run, players that were dropped for waiver pickups go on waivers for 2 days then are available for fcfs. no pickups after kickoff of the 1st sunday games

Use ESPN with FAAB but there's no free pickups. Every day starts a new FAAB process that clears at 10 am but I'm guessing you can set it up so that only happens when the initial WW process clears on Wednesday morning.