• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Baker Boy

Baker Boy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:37 AM

Pompeo, while not mentioning Obama by name, said that it was here, in this city, another American stood before you and told you that radical Islamist terrorism does not stem from ideology.

He told you that 9/11 led my country to abandon its ideals, particularly in the Middle East, he said at the American University in Cairo. He told you that the United States and the Muslim world needed a new beginning. The results of these misjudgments have been dire.

Pompeo said that under Obama, the U.S. abandoned its allies and was timid about asserting itself, that the U.S. grossly underestimated the tenacity and viciousness of radical Islamism, and kept silent as Iranians tried to rise up against the regime in Tehran.

He also criticized Obama-era policy for wishful thinking [that] led us to look the other way as Hezbollah built up its weaponry in Lebanon, and for doing nothing as Syrian President Bashar Assad gassed his own people.

He then took another swipe at the 2015 Iran nuclear deal -- from which the U.S. withdrew last year. The U.S. has since re-imposed economic sanctions on the country, including on oil exports.

Our eagerness to address only Muslims, not nations, ignored the rich diversity of the Middle East, and frayed old bonds. It undermined the concept of the nation-state, the building block of international stability, he said. And our desire for peace at any cost led us to strike a deal with Iran, our common enemy.
https://www.foxnews....n-shame-is-over

#2 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,236 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:51 AM

ODS. Brown man bad! :overhead:
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

#3 Bert

Bert

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,258 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

ODS. Brown man bad! :overhead:

Glad you can finally admit Obama was indeed very bad.
You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?

#4 Herbivore

Herbivore

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,743 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:15 PM

what a doosh

12 Geeks 1 Cup 2018
Qb - Stafford, Cousins
Rb - Gurley, Howard, Collins, CJ, Gore, Ekeler, Yeldon

Wr - Demaryius, Goodwin, Edelman, Funchess, Golladay
Te - Kelce
K - Elliott
D - Rams, Chargers

#5 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 61,739 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

what a doosh

yeah he was ..thankfully that horrible era of America history is over now

#6 TimmySmith

TimmySmith

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,096 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:46 PM

The Obama admin made up "Arab Spring" to destabilize the ME, and we got what we see now.  Is there really any debate on this? 

It's been a bad year. My old favorite restaurant closed down, and my new favorite restaurant sucks.

#7 Cdub100

Cdub100

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,297 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

How about we just leave them alone. Fock the ME

“for family, for freedom, for country, and for God” - President Donald J. Trump