• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,954 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:34 PM

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - The Shreveport police officer killed in a shooting Wednesday night was a mother, former track star, and a rookie officer who had been on the job less than two months.

Chatéri Payne, 22, was preparing to go on shift when she was shot multiple times, according to Shreveport Police Chief Ben Raymond.

The shooting happened just before 8:30 p.m. on Midway Avenue in Shreveport’s Caddo Heights neighborhood. Chief Raymond says police are still searching for the suspect.

http://www.ksla.com/...illed-shooting/

Here we have a conundrum.   Was this a hate crime or not, of course.....but, since the victim was a police officer does that offset access to hate crime or is it still on the board as an option?

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.
- George Washington

#2 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,236 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:35 PM

Did you know this guy too?
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

#3 posty

FF Geek

• Members
  • 38,528 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:36 PM

If it was a white person that killed her, oh boy that ought to be fun in the media...

Either way RIP officer Payne...

#4 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,954 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

If it was a white person that killed her, oh boy that ought to be fun in the media...

Either way RIP officer Payne...

Right.

She was a brand new officer, less than two months on the job I think....just crazy.  I imagine her family is inconsolable.

But the premise here is more intended to maybe define the grievance scale at play.  Does being a police office negate her gender and race, just one? Which one? Will it only become a "hate crime" if the shooter is white/ what if they are illegal immigrant" Asian? Will CNN play this 24x7, or are they going to wait until the shooter is fully identified and THEN start caring deeply?

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.
- George Washington

#5 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:42 PM

Well, if you are talking about CNN, Black > Police. Since she is both though, if the attack was by a white person,  police officer will be the headline, but race will dominate the story. If it's a black person, no story there.

#6 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,954 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

Well, if you are talking about CNN, Black > Police. Since she is both though, if the attack was by a white person,  police officer will be the headline, but race will dominate the story. If it's a black person, no story there.

That does make sense.   Being a cop will initially negate race as a factor, depending on the race of the shooter, then I guess hate crime is back on the table and this is used as some kind of "proof" of the secret evil white?

- George Washington

#7 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,574 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

It’s racist now to report on black crime. Journalists risk getting targeted and singled out for reporting on in.

#8 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,209 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:47 PM

I think we need the circumstances of the shooting before any judgement is passed. They could have known each other.

#9 DonS

DonS

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:47 PM

What if the perp is a black, trangendered, illegal immigrant?
"37??" -- Dante Hicks

#10 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

They should be searching San Francisco then. Or just ask Pelosi where the person is.

#11 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,954 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:51 PM

I would then expect crickets....

- George Washington

#12 nzoner

nzoner

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:52 PM

I think we need the circumstances of the shooting before any judgement is passed. They could have known each other.

I saw something that said there's a suspicion of it being domestic violence,sorry should have linked it.

"NOTHING MATTERS BUT THE WEEKEND,FROM A TUESDAY POINT OF VIEW."

#13 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,954 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:00 PM

I saw something that said there's a suspicion of it being domestic violence,sorry should have linked it.

hmmm, this likely gets some air play and attention if that is true, i think it ties in neatly with the #metoo stuff, good for ratings

- George Washington

#14 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

hmmm, this likely gets some air play and attention if that is true, i think it ties in neatly with the #metoo stuff, good for ratings

What if she has a white husband and he did it? That would make CNN sit in meetings for hours trying to figure that angle. They would have a whole bunch of hate stories to throw out there.

#15 Alias Detective

Alias Detective

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

I heard Brett Kavanaugh is in on it.

#16 Gladiators

Gladiators

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:19 PM

Then it's Trump's fault.

#17 nzoner

nzoner

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:26 PM

Found it

Story Highlights

• Victim identified as Officer Chateri Payne

• Sources say it was likely a case of domestic violence

• Dozens of officers responded to scene

• Mayor Perkins and Chief Raymond meet with family

• Shreveport Police Officer's Association releases statement

• Officer Payne will receive full police burial

"NOTHING MATTERS BUT THE WEEKEND,FROM A TUESDAY POINT OF VIEW."

#18 Baker Boy

Baker Boy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

Hate crimes are a joke! It means that if a white person kills a black person you get a harsher penalty than a black person killing a white person even though more blacks kill whites than whites kill blacks. It is part of the Liberal handbook.

#19 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

Hate crimes are a joke! It means that if a white person kills a black person you get a harsher penalty than a black person killing a white person even though more blacks kill whites than whites kill blacks. It is part of the Liberal handbook.

Yep. I thought most planned murders committed are based upon someone hating someone else for some reason or another.

#20 Kanil

Kanil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

Ugh, just terrible.  I feel bad for her family.

#21 Kanil

Kanil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

Also - lots of classless responses here.

#22 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 61,739 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

Illegal?

#23 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:57 PM

Unbeweavable.

BBC for the most part is pretty damn good.

#24 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,954 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:23 AM

Found it

Story Highlights

• Victim identified as Officer Chateri Payne
  •  
  • Sources say it was likely a case of domestic violence
  •  
  • Dozens of officers responded to scene
  •  
  • Mayor Perkins and Chief Raymond meet with family
  •  
  • Shreveport Police Officer's Association releases statement
  •  
  • Officer Payne will receive full police burial
  •  

I think these factors will settle it.....

If this is domestic violence the #metoo retards will trot this out as a "proof" to add more legitimacy to their agenda, to solidify their position in the grievance hierarchy.   Officer Payne, prepare to be used posthumously....

- George Washington

#25 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,236 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:32 AM

I think these factors will settle it.....

If this is domestic violence the #metoo retards will trot this out as a "proof" to add more legitimacy to their agenda, to solidify their position in the grievance hierarchy.   Officer Payne, prepare to be used posthumously....

Dont you think its a little classless to post a thread about the murder of a policemen for no other reason than to further your petty political agenda?

#26 Gladiators

Gladiators

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:39 AM

Dont you think its a little classless to post a thread about the murder of a policemen for no other reason than to further your petty political agenda?

How dare you!

#27 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,954 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:53 AM

It might be....but given that we cannot hold people accountable for their actions if they have a good excuse (not my rule) then I think I am absolutely within my rights to mock stupidity where I find it. 

- George Washington

#28 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,236 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:21 AM

It might be....but given that we cannot hold people accountable for their actions if they have a good excuse (not my rule) then I think I am absolutely within my rights to mock stupidity where I find it. 

Thats fair, just saying your habit of using someones personal tragedy to further your petty political grievances is trashy and hypocritical. But I guess you own it.

#29 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,954 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

Thats fair, just saying your habit of using someones personal tragedy to further your petty political grievances is trashy and hypocritical. But I guess you own it.

I absolutely own it.  I feel as though highlighting the illogical, or outright indefensible, is something worthwhile, and fun.  Mocking the stupid could be seen as heartless or mean-spirited, but i am willing to accept that consequence in order to point out the problems with certain ideologies. If i stay within the lanes defined by these faulty ideologies, it further points out how poorly they are conceived. 

- George Washington

#30 Patriotsfatboy1

Patriotsfatboy1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 38,065 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:09 PM

Nailed it.  Her boyfriend and his 2 cousins shot and killed her.  They then tried to cover it up.  

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

#31 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,209 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:27 PM

Nailed it.  Her boyfriend and his 2 cousins shot and killed her.  They then tried to cover it up.  

It happens a lot with female cops that they end up in abusive realtionships. Especially the younger ones. They go through a big change very fast and some weak guys can't handle it. They usually threaten them that they will jam them up on their job and being brand new they are afraid to lose their jobs or be branded so they are reluctant to seek help or walk away.

#32 bostonlager

bostonlager

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,381 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:38 PM

Perfect example of why females should be banned from being police officers. 

http://www.returnofk...police-officers

I'm in the spirit world

#33 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,209 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:45 PM

Perfect example of why females should be banned from being police officers. 

http://www.returnofk...police-officers

#4 is spot on. 100%. And what people won't admit, that standards were lowered to get more females on the job, also resulted in less qualified males getting on the job.