Sign in to follow this  
jbryant4

Rankings - Montgomery > J Williams ?

Someone please explain to me how Montgomery can be ranked 10 spots higher than the guy that finished the season pretty well in GB last year...J Williams...???

Montgomery goes unstaffed in some leagues I have been in....and of course. Williams is drafted in all of them...usually middle rounds...

Do the FFT tankers know something the rest of us dont?...or are they making goofy rankings just to seem different...than the rest of the world???

We discussed the Green Bay RB situation earlier in this thread:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=477326

I'm surprised T-Mont would go undrafted in very many leagues. Seems pretty wide open. Williams may have accumulated some stats last year but did he ever look very good? I don't think so.

Williams had 3.6 ypc last season. Lets not act like he set the world on fire.

This situation isnt that tough to figure out. GB always rides hot hand. Their team gets creamed by injury each year. All 3 guys will have a role at some point.

Isaiah 3:10

Jones is the better player.

But now hes going too miss some games.

Ty Montgomery I thought was over ranked last season, when people where even higher about him.

Im still not sold on him.

After Jones I would easily take J Williams.

Thanks.

With the Jones suspension...TM will be drafted...but never ahead of Williams...here are 2 drafts I did yestetday...

Re-Draft League Williams 7.1 Montgomery 13.1 20 RBs drafted between them

12 team Best Ball -Williams 7.9 Montgomery 12.7 16 RBs drafted between them

You cant have any rankings, at this time, showing Montgomery 10 spots higher than Williams

But...at least it gives us something to discuss...

BB is 24 round PPR....Re-Draft 18 round PPR

Again...not bashing anybody here...just trying to understand the logic behind this particular ranking

That's why even though Montgomery has yet to prove he can avoid the injury bug, he appears to be set for another significant role in the offense. That much became evident during three weeks of OTA practices, in which Montgomery didn't appear to lose any ground to emerging running backs Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones.

"We have to take advantage of Ty's skills, and there's no question about that," McCarthy said. "The offense is suited for that."

In ppr, I think Ty Montgomery will have more value. Packers defense will suck. They'll have to throw a lot and Rodgers trusts him. That being said he may get hurt the first series of the season like Danny Woodhead last year.

Jamaal Williams is the best Rb blocker on the team so he will have a higher snap count than the other Rbs. He is well worth his current ADP.

Jamaal Williams is the best Rb blocker on the team so he will have a higher snap count than the other Rbs. He is well worth his current ADP.

Great. Pass blocker.

We discussed the Green Bay RB situation earlier in this thread:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=477326

I'm surprised T-Mont would go undrafted in very many leagues. Seems pretty wide open. Williams may have accumulated some stats last year but did he ever look very good? I don't think so.

I am going to agree to disagree. Its really hard to evaluate the performance any of the RBs in GB post ARod injury. The OL was crud and the Ds weren't scared of Hundley throwing the ball so the run was keyed upon.

I'm always looking for what the RB did with the cards they were dealt..........not in statistical terms necessarily, because stats can lie.

Check out the highlights at the bottom to get a sense of how Jwill looked at times.

Don't think I'm talking about the long runs or catches in wide open spaces, I am not, though those are there.

Its the grind it out 5-8yd runs in the middle of the field where he is pushing the pile that keeps my attention and portends his potential.

Unfortunately it is possible Jwill is the kind of RB that requires a regular workload to get into a rhythm, set up his runs, and wear down defenses and he may not get to do it as things stand.

But if circumstance dictates he does at some point....... I think he actually has the most overall FF scoring upside of that bunch, though ironically having the least athleticism.

He is probably the best late game grind out the lead RB, the best pass blocking RB, the best goal line RB, and he appeared best capable physically of carrying the load.

I do like the respective athletic talents of Jones and Montgomery and I get why guys think they have the greater upside, they are sexier but ability to carry the load is a talent in itself. Ability to carry the load does not flash in a way that makes people say wow, but everybody understands how important volume is to FF relevance.

If possible the Packers always love to have a workhorse established by the time the weather begins to get cold and the playing surface changes. The cold weather inside runner is JWill, IMHO. Jones suspension now gives Williams a chance to establish a bigger role early in the season too.

Jwill showed solidly late in the season in the workhorse role given what he had around him.

Not a slam dunk but price-risk-reward out of balance in favor of Jwill, the ceiling is higher than the price recognizes.

Jamaal Williams' 118 Total Yards & 2 TDs! | Packers vs. Browns | Wk 14 Player Highlights

Jamaal Williams' 123 Total Yards & 1 TD vs. Tampa Bay! | Bucs vs.

Packers | Wk 13 Player Highlights

As a Jamal Williams owner, I watched him a lot last year. I still have him, but I am not too enthusiastic. He looked like he was running in mud. And if the blocking wasn't there, forget about it.

I am going to agree to disagree. Its really hard to evaluate the performance any of the RBs in GB post ARod injury. The OL was crud and the Ds weren't scared of Hundley throwing the ball so the run was keyed upon.

I'm always looking for what the RB did with the cards they were dealt..........not in statistical terms necessarily, because stats can lie.

Check out the highlights at the bottom to get a sense of how Jwill looked at times.

Don't think I'm talking about the long runs or catches in wide open spaces, I am not, though those are there.

Its the grind it out 5-8yd runs in the middle of the field where he is pushing the pile that keeps my attention and portends his potential.

Unfortunately it is possible Jwill is the kind of RB that requires a regular workload to get into a rhythm, set up his runs, and wear down defenses and he may not get to do it as things stand.

But if circumstance dictates he does at some point....... I think he actually has the most overall FF scoring upside of that bunch, though ironically having the least athleticism.

He is probably the best late game grind out the lead RB, the best pass blocking RB, the best goal line RB, and he appeared best capable physically of carrying the load.

I do like the respective athletic talents of Jones and Montgomery and I get why guys think they have the greater upside, they are sexier but ability to carry the load is a talent in itself. Ability to carry the load does not flash in a way that makes people say wow, but everybody understands how important volume is to FF relevance.

If possible the Packers always love to have a workhorse established by the time the weather begins to get cold and the playing surface changes. The cold weather inside runner is JWill, IMHO. Jones suspension now gives Williams a chance to establish a bigger role early in the season too.

Jwill showed solidly late in the season in the workhorse role given what he had around him.

Not a slam dunk but price-risk-reward out of balance in favor of Jwill, the ceiling is higher than the price recognizes.

Jamaal Williams' 118 Total Yards & 2 TDs! | Packers vs. Browns | Wk 14 Player Highlights

Psalm 51:1.

Wow awesome post, thanks.

I would agree the door Is wideopen for J Williams.

And I wasnt on the Ty Montgomery wagon last season, and Im not once again this season.

I think after all is said and done, when Jones returns he is the best rb they have too be a rb1.

In a ppr league I would rank Williams a little bit higher, but in my non ppr league Im still going too target Jones in my redraft a little higher.

Thanks great post.

I appreciate the thought out response.

But you are too hung up on ability to carry thr load. There was a load because Rodgers was out. When Rodgers is in there is hardly a load and they mostly tun shotgun handoffs if they do run.

I am a Packers fan. I watched basically every snap last year. They will use all 3 guys. Rodgers' favorite guy is Jones. And Ty was hurt last year. So I dont think you can look to games where Williams got 20 carries on a Rodgersless squad. You are comparing apples to oranges.

If Williams starts off well they may ride him. Point is everyone is wonder who thr guy is. When the real question is in what week who will get the oppurtunity. Which is tough to do week in and week out.

If the Packers keep Ty at RB then he will get the catches over Williams. While Jones is out I am sure Williams will be a 1st and maybe 2nd down back. While Ty comes in on 3rd of in long down and yardage situations.

• Like 1

Jones had a big game with and without Rodgers.

Week 5 19-125-1. 6.6 avg

Week 7 17-131-1 7.7 avg

This is a tough one to judge. Ty carried me into the championship with his monster game against the Bears in 2016. I had Williams and Jones last year. Having the starting Packers RB when they corps is depleted is money. The problem will be if all three are healthy. They all bring something to the table. I see too much hot hand and RBBC coming.

Jones is a better runner but with his games out he isn't going to come right back and be the workhorse unless Williams is horrid. TyMont is a great receiving back and will get time.

I can get draft A Jones a lot later in the draft.

I would wait and draft him, and when he returns he will be the better player.

• Like 1

If you can draft Montgomery late enough and expect him to get hurt then he is a bye week fill-in or worth the risk.