Photo

Woman who flipped off Trump says she was fired for it. Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,060 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:48 AM

and you're captain facebook now?

now? Fock man I've been captain Facebook since winning every post on MySpace.

#42 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,975 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:49 AM

#1...Wrong.  I wouldn't flip off the President of the US--even if HT won the damn thing
#2..I wouldn't brag about it on social media.  People who do are stupid.

I own you now. Can I get a refund?

#43 Bert

Bert

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,374 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:49 AM

She is not the first or last to lose a job or not get offered a job because of the stupid sh!t they put on social media.

You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?

#44 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,218 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

cool, you only get respect when you show respect

Prof Stats- 12 man PPR Superflex, 4pt passing, 2 Keeps

QB- Mariota (4), Semian (FA)

RB- Leveon (K), Gordon (K), TWest (6), Thompson (10), Carson (12)

WR- Crabtree (2), Hill (T), Coleman (5), JJNelson (FA)

TE- Reed (T), Eifert (9)

IR- Coleman (5), Woodhead (7)

#45 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 111,720 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

She is not the first or last to lose a job or not get offered a job because of the stupid sh!t they put on social media.

https://twitter.com/...test/index.html

she did this?

facebook had nothing to do with it.

this is why she lost her job and she had nothing to do with it being posted

#46 Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:38 AM

Thoughts..better her than me.

#47 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,060 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:43 AM

"When they go low we go high!"

Some clueless phony imbecile not to long ago.

#48 Jesus Chrysler

Jesus Chrysler

FF Geek

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:47 AM

She made it her profile pic on Twitter and Facebook according to another article I read on it. That pretty much blew her case, imo.

This.  That was just asking for it

#49 Cdub100

Cdub100

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,907 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

and you're captain facebook now?

Private facebook

“for family, for freedom, for country, and for God” - President Donald J. Trump

#50 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,996 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:02 PM

This is my issue.  She had nothing to do with the picture being taken. She did not put it on the web.

Not a single one of us in the same situation, wouldn't have bragged about this.

Yes, she did 'put it on the web' - where the F do you think personal SM pages reside?  

But, that aside - NOBODY could make a positive ID of her from that photo. 

She could have STILL posted that on her wall or what the F ever and had an inside joke with her friends. 

When/If confronted AT ALL - which she probably wouldn't be - "I just thought it was a funny pic - so I posted it!" 

It's the fact that SHE put it as the cover to her SM page. AND SHE bragged about it to her employer (and others). 

I'd fire her just for being stupid. 

Her own mother couldn't have picked her in that photo. 

Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#51 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,996 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

Without memory, there can be no context. 

Without Context, there can be no perspective.

SEATTLE - A school bus driver fired after she reportedly made an obscene gesture at President Bush has filed a union grievance in an attempt to get her job back.
The 43-year-old driver, whose name was not released, was driving middle school children back to school after a zoo visit on June 16 when the president and Republican Rep. Dave Reichert drove slowly by in a motorcade.

#52 Voltaire

Voltaire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,289 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:59 PM

I absolutely would flip off George W. Bush if I encountered him by chance as I utterly despise the man and hold him in contempt. I also would tell you fockers about it and update my Geek Club avatar with said photo if somebody had taken a picture of it.

Using that "who's been irritating me less" criteria seven months in.... still not Trump and his fans. I grew up with these people. I understand them. They actually seem normal, surprising as it may seem to you. These liberals on the other hand: cop bashing, white shaming, trannie loving, kneeling during the national anthem. Fock them. They're the ones that really freak me out and it's not even close to being close. ~me

#53 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 50,162 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

You do something like that, you should know it could have consequences.

BUT its also pretty sh1tty to fire her for it.

So plenty of blame or whatever you want to call it to go around on this one

#54 Voltaire

Voltaire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,289 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

I remember this and got bent out of shape defending the woman when we discussed that here at the Geek Club ... maybe I was wrong or maybe I'm a hypocrite, seeing as this woman in this thread got fired for doing essentially the same thing to Trump and I'm not defending her.

Using that "who's been irritating me less" criteria seven months in.... still not Trump and his fans. I grew up with these people. I understand them. They actually seem normal, surprising as it may seem to you. These liberals on the other hand: cop bashing, white shaming, trannie loving, kneeling during the national anthem. Fock them. They're the ones that really freak me out and it's not even close to being close. ~me

#55 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,996 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:16 AM

I remember this and got bent out of shape defending the woman when we discussed that here at the Geek Club ... maybe I was wrong or maybe I'm a hypocrite, seeing as this woman in this thread got fired for doing essentially the same thing to Trump and I'm not defending her.

Yeah, honestly, to my way of thinking, the bus driver is harder to defend. Only because her bus was filled with kids at the time. It has nothing to do with the president. But probably not a great idea to be flashing any obscene gestures while kids are on the bus. You know, if you're the driver.😂

#56 Voltaire

Voltaire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,289 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:57 AM

Yeah, honestly, to my way of thinking, the bus driver is harder to defend. Only because her bus was filled with kids at the time. It has nothing to do with the president. But probably not a great idea to be flashing any obscene gestures while kids are on the bus. You know, if you're the driver.

I teach kids for a living and have young kids of my own, I'd probably have to be discreet if I were to flip of George W. Bush seeing as I'd hate for the once in a lifetime moment like that to pass but then get caught by them. It'd be a whole lot easier if I were out with friends or all alone, riding my bike.

#57 Voltaire

Voltaire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,289 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:06 AM

There was a time in the Army when my friends and I joked about getting 'Fuck You' tattooed on the lateral side of our right hands so that every time we saluted officers we were telling them with sincerity what we actually thought of them. In hind-site, it was a good idea that we never acted on that. I'd hate to still have that there now.

Now, magic marker... sadly, never had the guts...

#58 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,996 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:18 AM

There was a time in their Army when my friends and I joked about getting 'Fuck You' tattooed on the lateral side of our right hands so that every time we saluted officers we were telling them with sincerity what we actually thought of them. In hind-site, it was a good idea that we never acted on that. I'd hate to still have that there now.

Now, magic marker... sadly, never had the guts...

😂😂

#59 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 111,720 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:34 PM

Her gofundme is doing well

$86,555 of $100k goal

Rholio needs to flip off Trump

#60 Reality

Reality

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,201 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:38 PM

Shrewd business move on her part, strike while the iron is hot on the popularity. 

Fock TRUMP!  Give me $$ Fock TRUMP!!

:mad:  :mad:

#61 Bert

Bert

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,374 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

You do something like that, you should know it could have consequences.

BUT its also pretty sh1tty to fire her for it.

So plenty of blame or whatever you want to call it to go around on this one

I agree with this.  I have also been around long enough to know the company was probably already looking to fire this broad and she gave them the perfect reason to do so.

You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?

#62 Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

Her gofundme is doing well

$86,555 of $100k goal

Rholio needs to flip off Trump

Wonder how much Newbie has gotten since he was banned for his Trump statements?

#63 penultimatestraw

penultimatestraw

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:36 PM

Without perspective, there can be no POV pron

#64 Scary Gary

Scary Gary

FF Geek

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:42 AM

Since she wasn't on the clock and was in no way representing her company, it's pretty obvious that the company is owned by a Trump supporter.  She shouldn't sweat it though. She was only there six months. And she got her 15 minutes of fame.

On the clock?  WTF difference does that make?

If a cop goes on facebook while off duty, and rants about n$ggers...or whatever....that can get him fired.

(I could go on and on, but I'll skip to the end)

If a person is coming across as a turdbag in public.... it can get them fired.

Waving "fvck you" publicly, while on camera, etc....is a risk you run. Could be perceived as being a turdbag.

If your employer sees it as "being a turdbag" ---- then they might fire you.  They can use whatever reason they want.  See also: Colin Kaepernick, not breaking any laws, but being a turd. 

This lady = turd

Kaepernick = turd.

Don't be a turd unless you are willing to risk losing your job.

And...that lady couldn't name one single way how Trump has changed her life for better or worse. 90% of the population on either side can't. 

She is just plain ol mad that her side lost, and that's what libs do when they lose.  Whine and stomp their feet and cause chaos. Other side just shrugs their shoulders and moves on. 

Liberals are told that their only hope is for government to fix their problems. What has happened is that generations of people have bought into this nonsense and as a result have remained hopelessly mired in poverty and despair -- because the promised solutions don't work. And they will never work -- they never have. -- Rush Limbaugh

#65 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,277 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:58 PM

Without perspective, there can be no POV pron

That's the best kind too.

BBC for the most part is pretty damn good.

#66 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,996 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

The problem with the cop, Kaepernick, this lady equivalency is there is no equivalency.

The cop and Kaepernick are known and so is their employer. I knew who this woman was. Nobody would have known if she hadn't opened up Her Big Fat Mouth.

#67 Bill E.

Bill E.

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:11 PM

this is why she lost her job and she had nothing to do with it being posted

From that photo nobody could ever know it was her.  She had to have shared it on her feed as others have suggested or they would not have known it was her.    So she actually did have something to do with it being posted.