Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Mitt Romney: a better Amercia

After President Obama won his first election with help from effective social media campaigns, Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has been doing his best to appear at the forefront of modern technology as well. Unfortunately, while Romney has a bustling presence on both Facebook and Twitter, his campaign's recently launched official iPhone app — called "With Mitt" — has one major problem: It misspells "America."

Where is "Amercia?"After downloading the free app — which does little more than overlay some pre-approved text graphics over your own photos, and then ask for campaign contributions — the very first screen that is displayed boldly states "I believe in Amercia." Yes, that's A-M-E-R-C-I-A, rather than America. Social networks are already abuzz with the humorous error, and thousands of comments are already flooding Twitter and Facebook as both Romney and Obama supporters share a laugh.

The app has been available for some time now, but has not been taken down or corrected at the time of this writing. Perhaps the Republican candidate is planning on not only changing how we feel about our nation, but also how we spell it. Either way, it's embarrassing to say the least, especially given that the app is meant to be used to spread Romney's message. In this case, it appears that message is "I don't use spellcheck."

:doh:

Obama: P!ssing the world off one country at a time.

I'm surprised you were only the 3rd post.

Must be a busy day in the Texas steel mogul bizniz. :banana:

Wow. he can't spell america, lets elect Obama quick!

Obama learned to spell america in his homeland...Kenya, according to himself and his publicist

There is no lower life form.....than the idiots that run to Twitter or facebook or whoever will listen....when they catch one letter misspelled from someone famous or in power.

Who........focking.......cares.

Hey, I'll admit that's a funny gaff. :cheers: We'll see if the left blogosphere has a fun time with it, as the right has with Julia and other Obama attempts at social networking. My sense is that they take this stuff too seriously.

Also, to maintain my status as a neocon partisan hack, I'll say: Obama not only knows how to spell America, but he knows how to spell all 57 states!

Wow. he can't spell america, lets elect Obama quick!

Obama learned to spell america in his homeland...Kenya, according to himself and his publicist

Try not to get all butt hurt about it you thin skinned pussdart. Lord knows you tools spend hour after hour jumping all over the other side for even stupider things. :doh:

Hey, I'll admit that's a funny gaff. :cheers: We'll see if the left blogosphere has a fun time with it, as the right has with Julia and other Obama attempts at social networking. My sense is that they take this stuff too seriously.

Also, to maintain my status as a neocon partisan hack, I'll say: Obama not only knows how to spell America, but he knows how to spell all 57 states!

Which is good.....considering hes not from any of them :)

There is no lower life form.....than the idiots that run to Twitter or facebook or whoever will listen....when they catch one letter misspelled from someone famous or in power.

Who........focking.......cares.

I'm sure RP and his right wing posse would give Obama a break if America was misspelled. :lol: They would focking care.

Try not to get all butt hurt about it you thin skinned pussdart. Lord knows you tools spend hour after hour jumping all over the other side for even stupider things. :doh:

I'm sure you consider saying he's from Kenya an equivilent typo as well...

Flipping out over a typo is as juvenile as it seems... How about evaluating performance to the same degree punctuation is evaluated? I understand if you are educated in the public school systems you are likely left unable to critically analyze much. So I sympathize there.

I'm sure RP and his right wing posse would give Obama a break if America was misspelled. :lol: They would focking care.

like misspelled saying 'kenya'?

I saw.a custom license plate that said "Kenya" the other day (on an old beat-up piece of sh!t truck, of course).

Which one of you focking loons took a trip up to Alaska?

I'm sure you consider saying he's from Kenya an equivilent typo as well...

Flipping out over a typo is as juvenile as it seems... How about evaluating performance to the same degree punctuation is evaluated? I understand if you are educated in the public school systems you are likely left unable to critically analyze much. So I sympathize there.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

:overhead:

Do you know what Winston Churchill, Albert Einstein, and Thomas Edison all have in common?

They were notoriously bad spellers. True fact. :thumbsup:

What's the big deal? After he wins the election, he'll just change the name of America to Amercia and all of this nonsense will be a thing of the past.

Do you know what Winston Churchill, Albert Einstein, and Thomas Edison, and Mitt Romney all have in common?

They didn't write the source code for that App that contains the spelling error?

Do you know what Winston Churchill, Albert Einstein, and Thomas Edison all have in common?

They were notoriously bad spellers. True fact. :thumbsup:

You know what else they have in common with Mitt Romney? :dunno:

None of them were or ever will be president. :lol:

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes- and I see many of them in the audience here today- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong"-- President Obama

God Bless Amercia.

He's too busy banging his harem of wives to spell check

Never heard of her, but she sounds hot. :wub:

It makes sense, since Romney was born in Mexico.

It's true. I read it on some random moonbat left-wing blog :thumbsup:

It's true. I read it on some random moonbat left-wing blog :thumbsup:

This.

And Romney claimed he was born in Mexico in his official bio for 17 years, until he discovered and corrected the mistake 2 weeks after announcing his run for POTUS.

:banana:

So Mitt actually writes programming for iOS applications?

The dude is more impressive than I thought.

:thumbsup:

So Mitt actually writes programming for iOS applications?

He used to, but he doesn't believe in it anymore

He used to, but he doesn't believe in it anymore

Would you say his opinion 'evolved'?

Would you say his opinion 'evolved'?

Romney's opinions evolve all the time. He must have a fleet of staffers to update the "Romney on the Issues" section of his website on a minute-to-minute basis.

Yes. And I hear you can see Russia from one of them.

most of us can see russia in the white house.

I'm more interested in Romney's thoughts on Amercia's teem: Teh Grean Bae Pakkers! :pointstosky:

Is Amercia the country with 58 states? :)

Hey, der, guy.... didja heer dat dat kenyin mooslim obummer guy wonce sed dat der were 57 staits! LOL! Wot a dumbasss!

He also wonce referred to Omro, Wis. as "Onto".... LOL again

:music_guitarred:

most of us can see russia in the white house.

Remember when WE were the democracy? Now the government tells us how much soda we can drink.

I'm more interested in Romney's thoughts on Amercia's teem: Teh Grean Bae Pakkers! :pointstosky:

A bunch of fagguts that he can wrestle to the ground rather easily. :dunno: