Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Naacp is going to boycott the NFL

Depends on the talent level. :dunno:

Michael Bennett has a job in the NFL.

He's better at his position than Colin is at his position, and doesn't bring as much crazy media distraction to the franchise. Therefore an NFL teams deems his benefit outweighs the cost.

Depends on the talent level. :dunno:

Point is the fans aren't out there protesting Greg Hardy or Pacman Jones but they're mad at Kaepernick for kneeling.

I agree that he'd have a job if he were a better player. He'd probably also have a job if he smacked a woman instead of protesting.

He's better at his position than Colin is at his position, and doesn't bring as much crazy media distraction to the franchise. Therefore an NFL teams deems his benefit outweighs the cost.

Michael Bennett is under contract, as was Kap last year.

Kap sucked last year, did he not? SF still let him play out his contract

He's better at his position than Colin, and doesn't bring as much crazy media distraction to the franchise too.

Think of Tebow, marginally worse backup talent than Kaep, but has proven he can win in a spot start, crazy upside in the lockerroom and with the fans, but couldn't get a job. Being a backup is mostly about talent, but the rest is about shutting up.

The litmus test for players should be "Could you play for Belicheat?", Kaep wouldn't get within 100 miles of the Pats.

Point is the fans aren't out there protesting Greg Hardy or Pacman Jones but they're mad at Kaepernick for kneeling.

I honestly don't think the fans are mad at Kapernick for kneeling. They're pissed that he is yet another multi-millionaire telling them how oppressed he is.

I honestly don't think the fans are mad at Kapernick for kneeling. They're pissed that he is yet another multi-millionaire telling them how oppressed he is.

Apparently that's worse than beating women and children to football fans.

Bennett's message seems to be more about race relations and being happy with whatever color anyone is.

Kap's message was mostly anti-police and police treatment of AAs

I agree that he'd have a job if he were a better player. He'd probably also have a job if he smacked a woman instead of protesting.

They aren't talking about Vick much this year, either. Hardy was news, Jones was news. Key word, WAS.

They aren't talking about Vick much this year, either. Hardy was news, Jones was news. Key word, WAS.

Vick is the only guy who arguably got as much negative press as Kaep. People seem to put kneeling durIng the anthem on par with operating a dog fighting ring. :wacko:

Vick is the only guy who arguably got as much negative press as Kaep. People seem to put kneeling durIng the anthem on par with operating a dog fighting ring. :wacko:

Vick was crucified, how soon we forget. Trust me, in snowflake world, killing dogs is worse than wearing Lee's Battle Flag to a gay prom.

Vick was crucified, how soon we forget. Trust me, in snowflake world, killing dogs is worse than wearing Lee's Battle Flag to a gay prom.

Doesn't it seem odd to you that Kaep's protest has garnered a similar reaction to Vick operating a mass dog killing operation? :doh:

Doesn't it seem odd to you that Kaep's protest has garnered a similar reaction to Vick operating a mass dog killing operation? :doh:

Not everyone is all lovey dovey about dogs. look at all the jerkoffs that use them to fight.

I'd say the amount of people whom love dogs,. is equivalent to those that love the national anthem.

Seems odd that anyone would compare the two, because the reaction is not similar at all. :dunno:

Not everyone is all lovey dovey about dogs. look at all the jerkoffs that use them to fight.

I'd say the amount of people whom love dogs,. is equivalent to those that love the national anthem.

You and Timmy are masters of missing the point. :lol:

Moreso. That is why the negative reaction to Vick was 100x worse than Kaepernick. And absolutely no one of any substance dared take Vick's side.

Dog lovers even got the NAACP to do an about face on Vick.

Seems odd that anyone would compare the two, because the reaction is not similar at all. :dunno:

well. If you are teaching you can compare anything.

You see the eclipse today. Looked just exactly like one donut crossing over another donut.

Part of it is that Kaep's actions were intended to elicit a reaction. Many people, whether right or wrong, take his kneeling as a direct sign of disrespect.

Can I just focking say something about this? If it hasn't been already said...

1) Kaep has absolutely been blacklisted. You can't doubt this. He isn't great but he's had some good seasons and been to a focking super bowl. As bad as many STARTING QBs are in this league and no one'll even take a chance on this guy as a backup?? YES, he's been focking blacklisted.

2) it's his own damn fault. Chose to make himself about some silly and muddled political statement versus being known as a football player. This is what happens - go whine to someone else.

Seriously I'm usually liberal and I don't even know what this guy's statement was about. Seemed like some bullsh1t social media type ploy more than anything else, to me.

Anyway fock him and yes fock the NFL. But I can't bring myself to care about this one at all and the folks supposedly "boycotting" the league obviously didn't give a sh1t to start with

He has not been black listed. He just hasn't. Teams did not get together collectively and and deny him the chance to play. He choose in his waning years as a QB (back half of the league by total qbr for the last 2 years. ) To use his employers platform to take a stand that is not popular with the majority of people.

Its very possible that teams all came to the same decision. He's not worth the crap based on his skills. If this were ray Lewis he'd be employed. If it were Ezekiel Elliott Jerry Jones would be wearing a dashiki

Goodell wants to save the ratings? Keep the players in the locker room till kickoff. They can hold conferences about race every day.

Kaep's real problem is he is now a skinny vegan, but back when he was a good qb he was built like a d-lineman.

He needs to stop the vegan diet more than the protesting.

Kaep's real problem is he is now a skinny vegan, but back when he was a good qb he was built like a d-lineman.

his girl would break up with him

He also has zero touch on his passes. Everything is a line drive fastball. Not every pass catcher can handle that.

He also has zero touch on his passes. Everything is a line drive fastball. Not every pass catcher can handle that.

Add to the fact that not every situation calls for a hard throw. He seems to want to show off his arm when it's not necessary

He has not been black listed. He just hasn't. Teams did not get together collectively and and deny him the chance to play. He choose in his waning years as a QB (back half of the league by total qbr for the last 2 years. ) To use his employers platform to take a stand that is not popular with the majority of people.

Its very possible that teams all came to the same decision. He's not worth the crap based on his skills. If this were ray Lewis he'd be employed. If it were Ezekiel Elliott Jerry Jones would be wearing a dashiki

Goodell wants to save the ratings? Keep the players in the locker room till kickoff. They can hold conferences about race every day.

Oh focking bullsh1t.

He's been blacklisted.

Now is that appropriate? That's your question and frankly I have no vested interest in the answer.

But to say he hasn't been blacklisted is focking ridiculous.

Oh focking bullsh1t.

He's been blacklisted.

Now is that appropriate? That's your question and frankly I have no vested interest in the answer.

You think all 32 owners are colluding to not give Kaep a job?

Or do you think everyone individually believes hes not worth the headache?

Oh focking bullsh1t.

He's been blacklisted.

that's insane. It's 2017. Hbo could not keep game of thrones from leaking. But somehow all the owners got together and decided not to employ Kaepernick...And noooooo one heard or saw this or has proof?

Here. Have a tinfoil hat. Stand next to newbie

Fortunately simply just the black players families will enough people to keep the ratings higher than most other sports.

It's not Kaeps protest that is garnering the attention at this point. That's old schtick. Its the black organizations crying foul.

What people seem to not realize...it doesn't MATTER why he doesn't have a QB job. People ASSUME...and they might be right. They might not be. It doesn't matter. They act like Kaep has passed the test, met the credentials, and isn't being hired because he kneeled. Problem is, teams can just say "He didn't pass the test" (not good enough).

Where did society come to the conclusion that if you don't get something because you didn't earn it, you can "cry foul" your way to getting it? Seriously. Who does that? Where did people get the notion they are simply "entitled"?

My advice to Kaep: Get up tomorrow morning, start working out on your own. Work on your skill set a few more years. Footwork. Passing Accuracy, Reading and recognition. See if you can hone it to the point of being good enough to make the NFL. Now I know that sounds dumb, and anyone who "wants" to be on an NFL team should get to-- because its not fair if you aren't on a team if you really want to be---but that's the way it is until the NFL makes some sort of rule forcing teams to sign people that aren't good enough. Give it time Kaep.

that's insane. It's 2017. Hbo could not keep game of thrones from leaking. But somehow all the owners got together and decided not to employ Kaepernick...And noooooo one heard or saw this or has proof?

Here. Have a tinfoil hat. Stand next to newbie

actually on this issue, stand next to EDjr

how many systems right now, today could Kaep be effective in?

I can only think of 2, Seattle and Buffalo

Seattle has 2 QB's better than Kaep

Buffalo I have no clue who their no 2 is, so thats 1 spot in the NFL that he could possible fit the system

so hes like the 63rd best QB around, that only has 1 spot

hes not being blacklisted, if he was good, if this was 2014 15 teams would be lining up for him no matter what he did

Is Marshawn, Bennett, and like 40 others right now being blacklisted?

Says a lot about white QB's trying to make the team. Twenty years plus have passed and we're still talking this bs?

Buffalo I have no clue who their no 2 is, so thats 1 spot in the NFL that he could possible fit the system

Buffalo took a mid-late round QB in this year's draft named Peterman and it looks like they chose well as word out of camp has been positive on him. I'm in two dynasty leagues so I pay attention to this stuff.

Can I just focking say something about this? If it hasn't been already said...

1) Kaep has absolutely been blacklisted. You can't doubt this. He isn't great but he's had some good seasons and been to a focking super bowl. As bad as many STARTING QBs are in this league and no one'll even take a chance on this guy as a backup?? YES, he's been focking blacklisted.

2) it's his own damn fault. Chose to make himself about some silly and muddled political statement versus being known as a football player. This is what happens - go whine to someone else.

Seriously I'm usually liberal and I don't even know what this guy's statement was about. Seemed like some bullsh1t social media type ploy more than anything else, to me.

Anyway fock him and yes fock the NFL. But I can't bring myself to care about this one at all and the folks supposedly "boycotting" the league obviously didn't give a sh1t to start with

If he's asking for $3M a year and is willing to take a backup role, I can get on board with him being blackballed/blacklisted. I asked in the other thread what his salary requirements are and no one knows. Speculation is $8M+ and a starting job. Who's going to give him that when he produced a 3-18 record over the last 2 seasons, is a distraction, and isn't the guy you're going to build your franchise around because he sucks?

In response to #1 above, where did you hear that no one is willing to take a chance on him as a backup? I haven't heard/read that.

He's been blacklisted.

I agree with him being put to the side. Being blackballed means he is out, and I don't think that is true. He'll be signed, eventually. The biggest reason about it IMO is his commitment to football. I don't see overwhelming evidence that his heart is in the NFL. Can you honestly remember the last statement he has made about wanting to play?

It's not Kaeps protest that is garnering the attention at this point. That's old schtick. Its the black organizations crying foul.

What people seem to not realize...it doesn't MATTER why he doesn't have a QB job. People ASSUME...and they might be right. They might not be. It doesn't matter. They act like Kaep has passed the test, met the credentials, and isn't being hired because he kneeled. Problem is, teams can just say "He didn't pass the test" (not good enough).

Where did society come to the conclusion that if you don't get something because you didn't earn it, you can "cry foul" your way to getting it? Seriously. Who does that? Where did people get the notion they are simply "entitled"?

My advice to Kaep: Get up tomorrow morning, start working out on your own. Work on your skill set a few more years. Footwork. Passing Accuracy, Reading and recognition. See if you can hone it to the point of being good enough to make the NFL. Now I know that sounds dumb, and anyone who "wants" to be on an NFL team should get to-- because its not fair if you aren't on a team if you really want to be---but that's the way it is until the NFL makes some sort of rule forcing teams to sign people that aren't good enough. Give it time Kaep.

Kaep isn't a great QB but he's better than at least some starters and many backups right now. He doesn't have a job because owners are afraid of the blowback by fans. I can't argue with that business decision. I just think it's funny that fans are so offended by the protesting but don't seem all that bothered by human garbage like Greg Hardy and Joe Mixon. :dunno:

Kaep isn't a great QB but he's better than at least some starters and many backups right now. He doesn't have a job because owners are afraid of the blowback by fans. I can't argue with that business decision. I just think it's funny that fans are so offended by the protesting but don't seem all that bothered by human garbage like Greg Hardy and Joe Mixon. :dunno:

The media hasn't told them to yet.

• Like 1

Half of the Browns kneeled during the national anthem before the game last night. It doesn't bother me though, seeing as they never get to kneel down at the end of a game.

• Like 1

Buffalo took a mid-late round QB in this year's draft named Peterman and it looks like they chose well as word out of camp has been positive on him. I'm in two dynasty leagues so I pay attention to this stuff.

They are drafting a QB next year. They have 2 1sts 2 2nds and 2 3rds. In a strong QB draft.

You are right he is better than maybe a few starters. But why would teams bring in a pretty meh running QB, and try to grind another win out? Name a team that would be a good for Kap? The Jets are tanking. The Browns have Kizer Kessler and Os.

I can't think of a team that should look to Kap for help at QB.

You are right he is better than maybe a few starters. But why would teams bring in a pretty meh running QB, and try to grind another win out? Name a team that would be a good for Kap? The Jets are tanking. The Browns have Kizer Kessler and Os.

I can't think of a team that should look to Kap for help at QB.

Does anyone ever bother to think what the day to day work environment would be like if a team brought him in? Would you want to be part of that circus? The only two owners I could think of that would want all that attention are Irsay and Plastic face. And they are both set at QB and are in the way wrong states for that kind of move.