Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

How do nfl teams travel?

I was just curious if teams had their own plane with Titans painted on the side or if they charter an American Airlines plane. Same goes for the short journeys like for the Northeast Teams - do they own their own Eagles Bus or charter a Greyhound when travelling to say Pittsburgh?

I was just curious if teams had their own plane with Titans painted on the side or if they charter an American Airlines plane.

I don't know. :thumbsdown: I'm sure Matt Stover could answer if he were around!

I no that the jags travel by plane. Not sure about other teams though, or this question :shocking:

congrats gatorbait, people already know they travel by plane. maybe they travel by boat? cmon man we know they travel by plane.

congrats gatorbait, people already know they travel by plane. maybe they travel by boat? cmon man we know they travel by plane.

Actually jocstrap was wondering if they traveled by Greyhound. Get off my ass :shocking:

If someone would just answer the question B) - do they charter or own a team plane - it's a simple question.

I could post who is going to break out?

which 3rd wide receiver is going to be best?

who's the best rb after the top three?

Its may and im bored? sorry

How did your Tennis team travel???Carpool w/the team mom or bike it??

University of Oklahoma a school in the Black (that's a profit for you dumbass) - flew everywhere

Mississippi State ( a team in the red) losing money dumbass - two vans and yes i had my own row!

Look at the boring arse topics on the board - some of these topics have been up here a week - its slow - so I asked? Just passing the time one day at a time. I ventured over to the geek board and holy shiet - those topics are waaaaayyyyy out there.

I still don't know if the JETs have their own plane or if they charter yet????

WHAT????

you mean they don't travel by boat?

:blink:

WHAT????

you mean they don't travel by boat?

:blink:

Is it their own plane or a chartered plane :cry:

I'm pretty sure that all football teams travel on horseback. Duh. I mean, what do you think it is, 2006 or something?

The Vikings travel by boat.

Here’s the definitive answer for you:

By air: Jets, Ravens Chargers, Eagles, Falcons Card and Seahawks.

By land: Bills, Bengals, Colts. Panthers, Titans Broncos, Chiefs Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Bears, Lions, Panthers, Rams, 49er’s.

By water: Phins, Vikes, Buc’s.

Stealth mode (under cover of darkness):

Browns: generally sneak out in dirty laundry trucks (yes, that’s a skid mark reference).

Steelers: have been caught playing boxcar Willy

Texans: they just go however the Cowboys tell them to

Raiders: any way they can get away with

Packers: since Sherman, in plain brown boxes

Saints: any way they want to

This is such a stupid topic, it deserved a REALLY stupid response and I am just the man for the job.

Uh, yeah, I am bored. Thank God I have golf league then dinner at my girlfriend’s tomorrow.

I was just curious if teams had their own plane with Titans painted on the side or if they charter an American Airlines plane. Same goes for the short journeys like for the Northeast Teams - do they own their own Eagles Bus or charter a Greyhound when travelling to say Pittsburgh?

I don't know if they have private team owned jets or if the charter them. I do know when the visiting team comes to Green Bay, they stay at a Hotel in Appleton which is a good half hour from Lambeau Field. I've seen them board a pair of chartered buses to head off to the game.

I'm sure they charter a jet. I see no point in buying a team jet or bus for 8 games a year.

If someone would just answer the question

When they travel locally they have chartered buses. They're not Greyhounds but usually a step up.

As for flying, when I was at an airport I saw an Arizona Cardinals airplane. Here is a pic of one, although that is not the one I saw. The plane I saw was all white, I don't remember which airline it was, and it had the big Cardinal logo on the tail wing.

ETA: When the Eagles fly, they fly in an unmarked jet. Whether it's their own or chartered I don't know, but it's probably chartered. When they go by bus, for instance up to the Meadowlands, it's by a chartered bus, but again, not Greyhound. More of a luxury, cruise type of bus.

Here’s the definitive answer for you:

By air: Jets, Ravens Chargers, Eagles, Falcons Card and Seahawks.

By land: Bills, Bengals, Colts. Panthers, Titans Broncos, Chiefs Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Bears, Lions, Panthers, Rams, 49er’s.

By water: Phins, Vikes, Buc’s.

Stealth mode (under cover of darkness):

Browns: generally sneak out in dirty laundry trucks (yes, that’s a skid mark reference).

Steelers: have been caught playing boxcar Willy

Texans: they just go however the Cowboys tell them to

Raiders: any way they can get away with

Packers: since Sherman, in plain brown boxes

Saints: any way they want to

This is such a stupid topic, it deserved a REALLY stupid response and I am just the man for the job.

Uh, yeah, I am bored. Thank God I have golf league then dinner at my girlfriend’s tomorrow.

:wub: You really are bored

I doubt any teams in the NFL have their own planes. Why would they, since even the most remote outpost in the league only would have to make 10 trips, including preseason with no playoff game.

It is much more cost effective to charter a flight. Also the number of people who travel with an NFL team is close to 100, plus all the gear... that would require a real big plane.

In the other sports, some teams do in fact have their own planes. Most of them are unmarked and leased, but they are on the road enough that it makes it worth the costs. NHL and MLB teams travel with 40 or so folks, and in the NBA it is much less.

When possible, they do not use the major airport when arriving for a road game, instead they use a smaller regional airport. The Knicks and Rangers fly out of Westchester County for example, and not any of NY's major airports.

Most NBA teams visiting NY fly into a smaller regional airport in NJ, close to my house. The planes are smaller and unmarked, though I have seen planes for the Denver Nuggets and Dallas Mavs with the team's logo on it.