Sign in to follow this  
aggiewildlife

Arians: David Johnson unlikely to play rest of season

Dang, I just added him off waivers as somebody else dropped him and I thought I was being smart. But I just read Bruce Arians comments that he thinks Johnson is not likely to play again this year.

Is everyone else (not keeper leagues) dropping him at this point?

Wow, am I getting kicked in the teeth today. First no Zeke, and now no DJ.

Could thing I don’t see a knife close by. Lol

I don't trust Arians and I certainly don't trust Rotoworld linking a tweet about it.

From http://blog.azcardinals.com/2017/10/31/keim-active-in-trade-talks-ir-updates/

— Injury updates: Keim said running back David Johnson (wrist) was doing well but the rehab is time-consuming. “We will continue to monitor that to see if he can come back this season,” Keim (GM of the Arizona Cardinals) said.

It doesn't sound like he's not coming back to me. I wouldn't take anything from the words being said.

• Like 1

I don't trust Arians and I certainly don't trust Rotoworld linking a tweet about it.

From http://blog.azcardinals.com/2017/10/31/keim-active-in-trade-talks-ir-updates/

— Injury updates: Keim said running back David Johnson (wrist) was doing well but the rehab is time-consuming. “We will continue to monitor that to see if he can come back this season,” Keim (GM of the Arizona Cardinals) said.

It doesn't sound like he's not coming back to me. I wouldn't take anything from the words being said.

Even from the HC?

But I agree, if he is healthy, they are paying him, why would they not want him back playing?

Even from the HC?

But I agree, if he is healthy, they are paying him, why would they not want him back playing?

They have zero reason to bring him back and put unnecessary mileage on the only young offensive asset they have. Why do people think they're going to bring him back and play in meaningless games?
  • Like 1

They have zero reason to bring him back and put unnecessary mileage on the only young offensive asset they have. Why do people think they're going to bring him back and play in meaningless games?

Because I need him. I lost Zeke today and now DJ. A two fisted punch....

Head Coaches say things all the time that don't turn out to be true. Plus I haven't even heard actual audio of Arians, just some tweet by some reporter and I definitely don't trust that. It doesn't say he's done for the year anyway, it just intimates he's discouraged that he'll be able to play again this year. He's not a doctor and he's not David Johnson and no one can predict the time a person heals exactly.

There is a chance of DJ coming back, but the chance is smaller as the loss piles on.

Yes, they are getting paying millions, but super stars don't play meaningless game WHEN they have a reason not to play them. Like last game of regular season for many teams.

Just have to be realist, if DJ coming back, he will be back during last few games of FF playoff sharing the carry with AD.

No way he comes back.

would say what concerns me the most is following him on twitter.

one of the most standup fellas in the nfl. all about Christianity and his family. refreshing for a change however...............

it looks like he is vacationing.....ALOT.....

went to london with the family and the team.....now at some awesome beach location with the family. yes i know its there bye but??

A whole lotta going out eatin and not working out like he normally would.....pure speculation as i obviously am not there but wonder??

would say what concerns me the most is following him on twitter.

one of the most standup fellas in the nfl. all about Christianity and his family. refreshing for a change however...............

it looks like he is vacationing.....ALOT.....

went to london with the family and the team.....now at some awesome beach location with the family. yes i know its there bye but??

A whole lotta going out eatin and not working out like he normally would.....pure speculation as i obviously am not there but wonder??

There's a bunch of rehab he likely needs to do, but how much he can do will come and go, and very well won't be as much as when he was working out before the injury. A lot of what he has to do is wait to heal. You can wait to heal on a beach just fine. :)

• Like 1

rotoworld reports Dj says wait a minute. dj does want to be 100 percent b4 returning

• Like 1

On a different Cardinals note. Has Larry Fitzgerald said anything at all about playing next year?

Not a surprise at all on this, in fact I expected it

Makes sense to not want to risk further injury to a franchise RB for a couple of garbage games at the end of the season.

On a different Cardinals note. Has Larry Fitzgerald said anything at all about playing next year?

No. This preseason he said he wouldn't answer any questions about his future until the off season.

No. This preseason he said he wouldn't answer any questions about his future until the off season.

Thats right. I remember that now that you mention it.

I guess if there's been no hints either way. Then he's stayed on scrpt.

Not a surprise at all on this, in fact I expected it

Makes sense to not want to risk further injury to a franchise RB for a couple of garbage games at the end of the season.

David Johnson said he gets the cast off Nov 16th and then rehabs. He said when he's healthy he will play regardless if the Cardinals are in the playoff hunt or not. He's not just a guy, he's the best skill player in the NFL, best fantasy player too.

He's not on season ending IR so I won't cut him from my team.

• Like 1

Zona beats the Niners this week and then they're 4-4. Next games after that are home vs Seattle, at Houston, then 3 home games vs Jacksonville, the Rams, and Tennessee. I'd say they could make a run at a wild card.

DJ comes back!

Oh and I got someone to throw him in as part of a trade yesterday so yes I'm slightly biased. :D

As soon as Olsen comes back and I can package him and another player in a 2 for 1 trade, Ill stash DJ on the IR with very low expectations. Who is the starting QB now?

Drew Stanton. They're going to run AP into the ground the next few games, hopefully get some W's in there and then bring back DJ for the stretch run to the playoffs!!!

I'm stashing DJ and Josh Gordon!

Head Coaches say things all the time that don't turn out to be true. Plus I haven't even heard actual audio of Arians, just some tweet by some reporter and I definitely don't trust that. It doesn't say he's done for the year anyway, it just intimates he's discouraged that he'll be able to play again this year. He's not a doctor and he's not David Johnson and no one can predict the time a person heals exactly.

This :thumbsup:

maybe it's his way of motovating certain players, or to prevent teams from planning on a potential return.

as far as I'm concerned if the team is not eliminated from the playoff race, there is the potential that David Johnson may return to action before year end.

if the team is eliminated, they may just shut it down.

all I am saying is dont take this as 100% proof that this is how it will be. Coachspeak can be misleading.

• Like 1

Drew Stanton. They're going to run AP into the ground the next few games, hopefully get some W's in there and then bring back DJ for the stretch run to the playoffs!!!

I'm stashing DJ and Josh Gordon!

He's already been run into the ground, how much can they really expect to get out of him.

This :thumbsup:

maybe it's his way of motovating certain players, or to prevent teams from planning on a potential return.

as far as I'm concerned if the team is not eliminated from the playoff race, there is the potential that David Johnson may return to action before year end.

if the team is eliminated, they may just shut it down.

all I am saying is dont take this as 100% proof that this is how it will be. Coachspeak can be misleading.

I am hanging on to yours and Geppetto’s words when I sleep at night.

Gets his cast off Monday....possibly play in a couple weeks.....is he worth an add or passing?

he still needs to rehab it. it will be more than 2 weeks. I guarantee it.

Gets his cast off Monday....possibly play in a couple weeks.....is he worth an add or passing?

I'm just going to monitor the situation closely and see what they say, if anything, next week after the cast comes off. He's sitting on waivers and I'd love to add him but already have Greg Olsen in my IR slot, so don't want to add Johnson to my bench until I hear something more promising.

I don't see Johnson as a guy who wants to just sit around if he thinks he can go

agree

Agree I don't see him being a player that would want to miss any more playing time.

But the team would be making a mistake in bringing him back this season with nothing more too gain.

If he indeed was to come back and suffer another injury would be a big problem going into next season.

If I was Zona he's done.

If I'm D J I'm begging to play.

That's the thing, he is currently in IR, if he doesn't get re-activate, doesn't matter how much he ask, he won't even be in the question.

Bottom line - It's a looooong shot that he returns. Same with Rodgers.

(holding in 2 leagues, however)

Bottom line - It's a looooong shot that he returns. Same with Rodgers.

(holding in 2 leagues, however)

Yeah, the All Injury Team is once again amazing.

QB: Rodgers

RBs: DJ, Dalvin Cook

WRs: OBJ, ARob, Meredith

TE: Olson

FLEX: Sproles

That's a championship team right there.

Is it possible that just to keep sharp going into the off season it would actually benefit Johnson to play a few games this year?

He got hurt in game 1. Played little in the preseason. He is young in his career and probably wants to be engaged in the game. We would be looking at him not having played more than limited minutes in one game for almost 2 years when he plays in game 1 next year.

Since this is not a serious knee or neck or back injury, give him some real work.

He's a Rb not a QB.

The way theses guys or most of them stay in shape I don't see him having a problem taking the hand off from the QB and running with it.

Can't be that much rust.

He's a Rb not a QB.

The way theses guys or most of them stay in shape I don't see him having a problem taking the hand off from the QB and running with it.

Can't be that much rust.

True in a sense but good RBs are good for a reason. Its not just speed or strength. Its about football talent in game time speed. Its good to keep that sharp or at least in tune over a very long period of time.