• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Cdub100

Cdub100

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,907 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:51 PM

Instead of simply trusting the big tech companies to police how their services are being used and abused, Franken suggested that regulators need to step in. Lawmakers should take a closer look at the influence technology plays in the everyday lives of Americans by conducting “vigorous oversight in the form of investigations and hearings to fully understand current practices and the potential for harm,” the Minnesota senator said.

How can anyone vote for a Democrat these days? There are some RINOs for sure, but Jesus Christ the Dems are so open about their hatred for freedom of speech.

“for family, for freedom, for country, and for God” - President Donald J. Trump

#2 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,218 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:57 PM

And by censor political statements he means republican or conservative ones only. Democrats love free speech unless you disagree with them

Prof Stats- 12 man PPR Superflex, 4pt passing, 2 Keeps

QB- Mariota (4), Semian (FA)

RB- Leveon (K), Gordon (K), TWest (6), Thompson (10), Carson (12)

WR- Crabtree (2), Hill (T), Coleman (5), JJNelson (FA)

TE- Reed (T), Eifert (9)

IR- Coleman (5), Woodhead (7)

#3 Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

Instead of simply trusting the big tech companies to police how their services are being used and abused, Franken suggested that regulators need to step in. Lawmakers should take a closer look at the influence technology plays in the everyday lives of Americans by conducting “vigorous oversight in the form of investigations and hearings to fully understand current practices and the potential for harm,” the Minnesota senator said.

How can anyone vote for a Democrat these days? There are some RINOs for sure, but Jesus Christ the Dems are so open about their hatred for freedom of speech.

Want to provide a link, cause what you quoted doesn't quite jive with "censor free speech"

#4 EternalShinyAndChrome

EternalShinyAndChrome

FF Geek

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:04 PM

Democrats want to silence all opposing speech?  

This isn't news.  

#5 IGotWorms

IGotWorms

FF Geek

• Members
  • 50,162 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:13 PM

Well thats certainly a heavy-handed take on it, but yeah there are first amendment concerns here. I hope we as a society can figure out how to navigate some of these issues while retaining our basic liberties :thumbsup:

#6 Cdub100

Cdub100

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,907 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:44 PM

Well thats certainly a heavy-handed take on it, but yeah there are first amendment concerns here. I hope we as a society can figure out how to navigate some of these issues while retaining our basic liberties :thumbsup:

What do you think it leads to? Twitter has already admitted they bury Clinton illegal stuff even when it's trending. How about we don't try and "vigorous oversight" free speech and yes that includes so called hate speech.

“for family, for freedom, for country, and for God” - President Donald J. Trump

#7 IMMensaMind

IMMensaMind

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,316 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

There is a relatively certain way.

Kick progressives out of positions of authority.

#8 NorthernVike

NorthernVike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 31,000 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

I quit reading at al franken. :thumbsdown:

Being an ass hole is all part of my manly essence

You guys have no focking clue what happened so you really should just shut it..

#9 Bert

Bert

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,374 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:57 AM

Amen!

You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?

#10 TimmySmith

TimmySmith

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,506 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:14 AM

Being a Minnesota Jew, Franken had no choice but to be a Democrat.  I think he was raised with the sensibilities to make a fine Republican, obviously he has shed them.  

Did the entire Obama administration use their dog's name as their password?

#11 Reality

Reality

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,201 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:27 AM

This.

#12 Baker Boy

Baker Boy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,800 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

Inside every Liberal is a Totalitarian screaming to get out.
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have Wiff as one of their members"